Anybody hear if Costco/Verizon kiosks will have Storms on FRI?
    11-18-08 10:44 AM
    I asked at my Costco and the rep said that Costco wouldn't get it right away. They would wait to see if it would be a reliable device. Not sure what that is worth...but there you have it!
    11-18-08 10:48 AM
    Whats the benefits of going to Costco to get a phone? I always walk past the kiosk never thinking that the deals are any different.
    11-18-08 10:58 AM
    Normally Costco has a better deal (at least with a new line) than the carriers on what they carry. They never get handset right away.......though they do already have the Pearl Flip for $99 for a new line (with a data plan active). Give them a few weeks and I am guessing they will pick up the Storm for the holiday season (if the supply is big enough).
    11-18-08 11:11 AM
    activation tends to be free, lower prices and throw in $50 worth of accessories
    11-18-08 11:14 AM
    I went to Costco yesterday (Plano,TX) & the rep there said they would be getting them on Fri, but he did not know how many they would get.
    11-18-08 11:29 AM
    I work at the Costco in Toledo Ohio and I will be getting it from our store on Friday. We will be getting them in and they will be less than 199 (VZW Stores), but the "bundles" are still being put together (free ear pece, car charger, and carry case if purchased in store) so the final price is not yet released (but my rep told me prob. 149 or so)!
    11-18-08 11:34 AM
    I believe they also have a 90-day return policy on the cell phones.
    Love me some Costco.
    11-18-08 11:49 AM
    I asked the rep at my local Costco, (Vista, CA) and he pretty much said the same things. They're super stoked on the Storm, are offering it Friday morning for sure, and plan to offer a great deal on it. I plan on swinging by there before I head over to Best Buy where I've got my deposit down.
    11-18-08 12:05 PM
    Can you use a NE2 at Costco? What about an employee discount program?
    11-18-08 02:09 PM
    I asked a couple of weeks ago at my local Costco and they didn't think they would get it for a while, but she also told me she can't do an upgrade but can only do new lines. Is that correct? I didn't pursue when they would be getting the phone anymore once she told me that, since I am already a Verizon costumer. Can anyone confirm that she is wrong and that they would be able to do upgrades to existing costumers?
    11-18-08 03:00 PM
    I would love to grab this phone at Costco. But a few weeks back when my brother went to get a replacement phone for his broken one, he asked about the Storm, and they told him it would "be out soon," but to go to a Verizon store or Best Buy, which lead me to believe they did not plan on having it at launch.
    11-18-08 03:03 PM
    Costco never really gets the new stuff.
    11-18-08 03:04 PM
    I asked a couple of weeks ago at my local Costco and they didn't think they would get it for a while, but she also told me she can't do an upgrade but can only do new lines. Is that correct? I didn't pursue when they would be getting the phone anymore once she told me that, since I am already a Verizon costumer. Can anyone confirm that she is wrong and that they would be able to do upgrades to existing costumers?
    ^^^BUMP

I'm curious about this, too. I live 30 seconds from the almighty Costco. Rather go there if I can do my upgrade there on Friday.
    11-18-08 06:03 PM
    Can you use a NE2 at Costco? What about an employee discount program?

Is this a discount code?

Thanks
    11-19-08 11:22 AM
    Typically Costco can do upgrades, but guessing an NE2 needs to be done at a VZW store. Reason being that is in the VZW system, Costco (like any 3rd party seller) wouldn't get their proper pay from it
    11-19-08 12:10 PM
    Costco never really gets the new stuff.
    They still don't have the Verizon curve available.

Just phoned my local Costco...they will be getting some approx 5-7 days after launch date but only about five.
    I don't think I can wait that long.
    Last edited by socal; 11-19-08 at 12:17 PM.
    11-19-08 12:14 PM
    Just called Costco here in NJ and they will have Storm in on Friday. I love Costco, so guess I'll be getting mine from there.
    11-19-08 01:24 PM
    NE2 is New Every Two years. It's the upgrade/new phone every two year gig.
    11-19-08 01:30 PM
    My Costco in Gaitherburg, MD said they would have it.

The store near my work in Columbia said the same, if there deal is good I will buy a membership (other family members have the ones I use now) or a temp memebership depending on what they allow. Wont be interested if there accessories are crummy though
    11-21-08 12:44 AM
    Costco is will get them soon but not tommrow imo they are a little late to the game on everything
    11-21-08 12:48 AM
    I just saw the ad on the Costco website. I think I'm going to ask my sister to wait. That's saving at least $100 with accessories and NO mail in rebate hassle... YAY. Verizon has NEVER credited me with a MIR... they always say it didn't arrive.
    11-21-08 01:14 AM
    I just saw the ad on the Costco website. I think I'm going to ask my sister to wait. That's saving at least $100 with accessories and NO mail in rebate hassle... YAY. Verizon has NEVER credited me with a MIR... they always say it didn't arrive.
    Now days I just ignore Mail-In-Rebate offers and consider the product without the rebate as the real cost.

But, if I ever do buy an item with a rebate, I copy the envelope and all the paper work, AND include a copy of it inside the envelope for when they claim "oh it must not have got to us" 1 in 1,000,000 letters doesnt get delivered, MIRs are a bogus cash cow for the manufacturers.
    11-21-08 01:24 AM
    Prescott, AZ. They will have them tomorrow morning.
    11-21-08 01:38 AM
    good luck to every1 gettin a storm
    11-21-08 01:45 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD