Now days I just ignore Mail-In-Rebate offers and consider the product without the rebate as the real cost.

But, if I ever do buy an item with a rebate, I copy the envelope and all the paper work, AND include a copy of it inside the envelope for when they claim "oh it must not have got to us" 1 in 1,000,000 letters doesnt get delivered, MIRs are a bogus cash cow for the manufacturers.
    Priority mail with delivery confirmation works for me. Under $5.
    11-21-08 01:47 AM
    I just saw the ad on the Costco website. I think I'm going to ask my sister to wait. That's saving at least $100 with accessories and NO mail in rebate hassle... YAY. Verizon has NEVER credited me with a MIR... they always say it didn't arrive.
    Just wondering where you saw this as I don't see any Verizon phones on the Costco website.
    11-21-08 08:19 AM
    Costco only gets phones that they get a discount on and it's rarely new ones.
    11-21-08 08:23 AM
    Just to follow up- Went to Costco on the 21st. They HAD the Storm in stock and it was at the $249 2-year contract plus $50 MFR. Also, accessory pack was included with a leather storm case, car charger, and headphones (kind of not necessary, since Storm comes with headphones. They may be late to the game sometimes, but they were right on time with this one, and I have had my phone in hand since Friday. As mentioned elswhere, they do not honor NE2.
    11-25-08 09:46 AM
    As mentioned elswhere, they do not honor NE2.
    They will honor it, but it has to be called in by the Costco rep. and cleared through a VZW rep. Someone did it when I purchased my Storm Friday.
    11-25-08 09:55 AM
    Just to follow up- Went to Costco on the 21st. They HAD the Storm in stock and it was at the $249 2-year contract plus $50 MFR. Also, accessory pack was included with a leather storm case, car charger, and headphones (kind of not necessary, since Storm comes with headphones. They may be late to the game sometimes, but they were right on time with this one, and I have had my phone in hand since Friday. As mentioned elswhere, they do not honor NE2.
    I actually bought my storm from Costco the day of it's release (an hour and a half before closing) and didn't really have to wait at all. I literally walked in and was out with my storm in no time
    Along with everything mentioned, in regards to it's bundled perks, and $50 MFR, I was also given a $35 activation waiver (switching from t-mobile) and a free 1 Year warranty on the storm itself...
    .... gotta love COSTCO!
    11-25-08 08:53 PM
    saw there today, still had 3 of 10 remaining at our Costco, plus they throw in accessories (car charger, leather case, etc)
    11-25-08 09:45 PM
    Thanks for the follow up.

How quality were the car charge and case? Were they OEM or high quality or what?

I like costco enough to consider buying from them with a MIR. But I seem to remember get some crummy generic car charger last time.
    11-25-08 11:33 PM
    Thanks for the follow up.

How quality were the car charge and case? Were they OEM or high quality or what?

I like costco enough to consider buying from them with a MIR. But I seem to remember get some crummy generic car charger last time.
    the actual belt clip / case is made of genuine leather and has a Velcro flapped closure, the only complaint is that is seems a bit flimsy and kind of untrustworthy.. though it does it's job. the car charger is some generic brand as well and can't really complain about that.

but hey, look at the bright side... it's costco, so, if something goes wrong no matter what the case may be - you'd still have the security of a no hassle replacement... you're more than safe when it comes to costco!
    11-25-08 11:55 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD