So I had one that was working basically as good as can be expected I guess, but since I was within my 1/15 deadline date I ordered a replacement to try and correct minor screen issues.

At any rate I now have two Storms that I content with. If I were to simply activate the new one and keep the old one instead of sending it back what would the charge be? Do they charge me $199 (what I paid when I signed up originally) or the full retail price of $400 something?
    01-07-09 06:15 PM
    They will charge you full retail for the device since you've already received one with the subsidized price.
    01-07-09 06:17 PM
    Imagine they would charge you the full retail price for one.
    01-07-09 06:19 PM
    Crucial Is correct, and full retail is approx $600. Hardly not worth keeping. Its sad that we feel the need to have a spare storm. Does that speak very highly of it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 06:21 PM
    Crucial Is correct, and full retail is approx $600. Hardly not worth keeping. Its sad that we feel the need to have a spare storm. Does that speak very highly of it?

True. For $600 its not at all worth keeping a spare. But it's not as if I feel the NEED to keep a spare. It was just a thought in case I ever had an issue. I have TWO Storms that work just fine with no hardware issues....plus I love the phone's features and it will only get better with more OS updates.
    01-07-09 06:35 PM
    Like most people I also thought that if you wanted a replacement device that you had to do it within the first 30 days. I talked to CS today and told them about the screen getting stuck down and not depressing up here and there and they told me they would send me a replacement. I told him the reason I was calling was that I wanted to know if it was something I should do since it was still within the 30 days. He told me that on problems like that you have a full year where they will ship you out a replacement for free. The only way you had to pay for one was if you broke it, lost it, or whatever other weird thing may happen and you claimed it under insurance. But if it is just something like the screen click and you dont NEED one right away that you could use it for the time being because you have a full year of replacements instead of trying to cram it in the 30 day period.
    01-07-09 07:10 PM
    Hmmmmmm.... Interesting that you say that.. Because I ordered a replacement and I was charged $240 on my account before I got it. I was told that they would remove the $240 after they receive my old unit..

So what if I keep the phone and just pay the $240 ??.... Will they tack on some more later?
    01-07-09 07:44 PM
    Yes. The $240 is a temporary charge. If you dont send back replacement within 10 days, they'll charge you the full price.
    01-07-09 07:48 PM
    you know its time for you to part with the storm if you need a "spare storm"
    01-07-09 07:51 PM
    you know its time for you to part with the storm if you need a "spare storm"
    Lots of people keep spare cell phones. I have a spare phone that cost $140 more than what I paid for the Storm. I've always kept a spare device. You never know when something is going to crap out, and even though I have insurance, it still takes a couple days to receive a replacement.
    01-07-09 08:02 PM
    Maybe I am misunderstanding, but it sounds like you replaced it "just because". If you were dissatisified with it enough to replace it, why would you want to keep it??

There are many posts from others who are having serious problems with their storms and have to fight to get a replacement because they are told the supply is low.

Just curious?
    01-07-09 08:22 PM
    lol replacing "just because".
    01-07-09 09:42 PM
    It's ok....you have commitment issues...My wife said the same thing about me. I had her and then another one "just because"

only teasing.

There are kids in Africa that don't even have 1 Blackberry Storm- and you have two!
    01-07-09 10:12 PM
    Well. I have a Spare Storm that I BOUGHT on ebay for $425 brand new. I have the money to buy it and Ill keep it "Just Because". Im a gadget freak and like to have 2 of all that stuff lol. But to answer your question, Yes they will charge you full retail
    01-07-09 10:37 PM
    I rode around with the "to be returned storm" in the back of my truck taped up in the pretty fed ex box for about 3 weeks- kept forgetting- no charges to my account- guess I was lucky.
    01-07-09 10:42 PM
    They'll charge you $499+ tax to keep the extra one

01-07-09 11:34 PM
    It's ok....you have commitment issues...My wife said the same thing about me. I had her and then another one "just because"

only teasing.

There are kids in Africa that don't even have 1 Blackberry Storm- and you have two!
    LOL! Your fricken funny
    01-08-09 12:17 AM
    They will charge you but not full retail. I am going to confirm this today when I call verizon and say I "Lost my replacment". If they say I have to pay full retail, then guess what, I found the storm".
    01-08-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD