Things to keep in mind in my opinion.
    IPhone comes with 8 to 16 GB of memory built in. I'm not sure how much is dedicated to actual phone operation versus only media storage.
    BB comes with nowhere near that amount of memory. You need to purchase media card separately. Phone operation, app installation, etc... Limited to the on board memory. Bold is being released with 128MB I think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-08 10:10 PM
    from what I heard its a verizon exclusive
    I'm pretty sure this is correct...I love AT&T and I have never had issues with them especially when traveling out of the US. However, if this phone is as good as it looks, Verizon might get me as a customer.
    07-08-08 11:52 AM
    I just bought my Pearl not too long ago on eBay after having the Voyager, so I hope this phone isn't too expensive. If it's nice then maybe I'll convince my dad to let me buy it.

I hope it's not another crappy touch screen phone from Verizon though. They have 3 now, although I admit the Dare has some pretty neat features.
    3? Might wanna check your numbers there. Touch screen phones are nothing new and have been out for many years. The big thing now is that the interfaces are finally getting finger friendly and have actual working virtual keyboard solutions.
    07-08-08 11:56 AM
    I think it will be around $200 - $300. I'm hoping that it can eventually make the move to tmobile. I would never switch to verizon.
    07-09-08 06:08 PM
    I am anxious to see it when it's coming out.
    07-09-08 06:45 PM
    Bold is being released with 128MB I think.

just a correction im pretty sure the bold is going to be released with 1gb and can be expanded to either 16gb or 32gb ive heard both
    07-09-08 11:03 PM
    just a correction im pretty sure the bold is going to be released with 1gb and can be expanded to either 16gb or 32gb ive heard both
    Ditto...but I heard its 16GB.
    07-10-08 06:35 AM
    Ditto...but I heard its 16GB.
    It's a SDHC slot. SDHC can go up to 32gb.
    07-10-08 08:05 AM
    It better be cheap because I just got a Curve but I want to get the Thunder when it comes out. I could probably swing $50 if that's OK with Verizon.

By the way, I love Verizon because I am able to make phone calls when all of my crappy friends with their crappy iPhones on CrApT&T are walking around like Statues of Liberty trying to hold their phone high enough to get a signal. Crappy crapsters.

I'm kind of bitter about the whole iPhone thing. This Thunder better deliver. And come free with the purchase of a large drink.
    Last edited by dodgersandstorm; 07-23-08 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Extra word.
    07-23-08 05:18 AM
    3? Might wanna check your numbers there. Touch screen phones are nothing new and have been out for many years. The big thing now is that the interfaces are finally getting finger friendly and have actual working virtual keyboard solutions.
    Well, I mean the 3 that they've marketed and made big. The Voyager, The Glyde, and the Dare. Apparently the Dare isn't too shabby, but I'm still really looking forward to the Thunder.
    07-23-08 11:25 AM
    Well, I mean the 3 that they've marketed and made big. The Voyager, The Glyde, and the Dare. Apparently the Dare isn't too shabby, but I'm still really looking forward to the Thunder.
    I completely agree! When I first switched to Verizon I was disappointed I wasn't going to AT&T and mentioned I really wanted the iPhone the sales associate showed me the Glyde and I was amazed with how bad it was. The marketing on that was great.
    07-27-08 05:08 PM
    It better be cheap because I just got a Curve but I want to get the Thunder when it comes out. I could probably swing $50 if that's OK with Verizon.

By the way, I love Verizon because I am able to make phone calls when all of my crappy friends with their crappy iPhones on CrApT&T are walking around like Statues of Liberty trying to hold their phone high enough to get a signal. Crappy crapsters.

I'm kind of bitter about the whole iPhone thing. This Thunder better deliver. And come free with the purchase of a large drink.
    Lol. 50??? Not gonna happen.

07-27-08 05:12 PM
    Does anyone have any insider info on if/when Sprint might have a touchscreen Berry model available?

LW
    08-07-08 08:46 PM
    Does anyone have any insider info on if/when Sprint might have a touchscreen Berry model available?

LW
    Umm, couldn't you get a Thunder and use it on Sprint?
    08-07-08 09:42 PM
    Lol. 50??? Not gonna happen.

But that's all I have. I could maybe do $75.

08-07-08 10:05 PM
    But that's all I have. I could maybe do $75.

Then you might want to pick up a paper route because or something you probably going to need more than $75. And if you just recently got a Curve on a contract renewal or new contract, you're really going to need more than $75
    Last edited by skyys; 08-08-08 at 06:51 AM.
    08-08-08 06:44 AM
    Ok I am new here, but I have been lurking for awhile, take this information whatever way you want. My friend who works for Verizon confirmed for me that the Thunder will be 250 dollars with a 70 dollar mail in rebate when released, however he does not have a release date.
    08-10-08 08:46 PM
    If the above post is correct I would get the thunder. I hope he is right. I paid 99 dollars for my 8830 and have never seen it at that price again. It works great and I would find it hard to justify buying a new phone unless it was a really smart price.
    08-10-08 09:03 PM
    Well I spoke to my friend at Telus and spoke with a rep they seem to thnk "IF" they get it that it will be 599.00 no contract price. this is just there opinion 'cause they don't know for sure they are getting it. I pm'd the telus employee i purchase from and she said she hopes they get it as well. But Iknow whatever the price Im buying NO contract i dont want another contract with these people I got 6mo left and will be glad when it's over. lol!!
    08-19-08 01:42 PM
    I have already had surger one thumb and next has got to be done. My thumbs lock and when I snap them back the pain is so awful that I nearly fall to the ground. My questions is should I get the Iphone or wait for the Thunder, I really don't want to give up my Blackberry as it is the love of my life.

PIN# 24479781
    08-19-08 03:13 PM
    If they were smart and wanted to take some bizness back that was perhaps left for the iphone, they would price it around 150-179. However, VZ will want to make a premium so my guess would be 299
    08-19-08 04:02 PM
    I have already had surger one thumb and next has got to be done. My thumbs lock and when I snap them back the pain is so awful that I nearly fall to the ground. My questions is should I get the Iphone or wait for the Thunder, I really don't want to give up my Blackberry as it is the love of my life.

PIN# 24479781
    Why would you get the iphone when you are a bb man at hart? What game you playin at yo? Bezides, thunder is gonna "strike" the iphone down. RIM ROX!
    08-19-08 04:06 PM
    If they were smart and wanted to take some bizness back that was perhaps left for the iphone, they would price it around 150-179. However, VZ will want to make a premium so my guess would be 299
    Price will be 180 dollars. It starts at 250 then there is a 70 MIR. However this is only for NE2 customers
    08-19-08 06:33 PM
    Price will be 180 dollars. It starts at 250 then there is a 70 MIR. However this is only for NE2 customers
    What does that mean, only for NE2 customers? Do you mean people upgrading, rather than new customers? Or do you mean after an NE2 discount, which can be $50 or $100, depending on the cost of your plan.
    08-19-08 06:51 PM
    What does that mean, only for NE2 customers? Do you mean people upgrading, rather than new customers? Or do you mean after an NE2 discount, which can be $50 or $100, depending on the cost of your plan.
    I guess I mean people that are renewing their contracts for another two years.
    08-20-08 11:27 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD