So we have all be complaining of such a bad launch from Verizon on this phone. I am beginning to think that Verizon carefuly crafted thier way out of a bad situation with brilliance.
    They were under pressure to get the phone released quickly, but knew they had some OS issues. Delaying the launch to wait for a newer OS would have been costly. I think that Verizon intentionally stocked the stores with limited supplies because they knew of the OS issues. It's much easier to correct the issues on the very limited amount of Storms actually sold last Friday than if they released much more stock. However, in the mean time, they were able to keep back the remaining stock and update the OS.
    The only way you can get a Storm right now is to order one to be shipped with an extended delivery date. What a great way to know exactly how much demand there is..... pure genius Verizon.
    11-26-08 07:21 AM
    I agree with you 100%

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 07:31 AM
    Absolutely.
    11-26-08 07:34 AM
    Ditto I have been saying all along this has been one big marketing scheme. And no matter how mad we are it is win win for them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 07:36 AM
    Being a stockholder in RIMM I would have to say they needed to get the phone out soon to keep sales up.
    11-26-08 07:39 AM
    Who knows. I was luicky enough to get a phone that wasn't buggy. I do know one thing though - this software update had better be PERFECT or there are going to be some really pissxed off people out there. BB users are a different breed. We don't like to be messed with
    11-26-08 07:44 AM
    Why put out an inferior product and create so much bad will among customers? This product was not ready for prime time and Verizon and RIM should have had the good sense to delay it until it was absolutely as market worthy as possible. AT&T delayed the Bold and has not had nearly the problems, poor reviews and negative publicity as Verizon.
    11-26-08 07:46 AM
    What I have actually been thinking is that they purposely short stocked the stores on launch date, to create a higher demand.

I have heard a nasty rummer that they were informed at the stores not to sell any stock of storms that came in this week until Black Friday. This seems to be the case as I have been checking with a rep I have been in contact with all week, and he wouldn't say that directly, however he did indicate something along those lines.

With the shortage, and not selling them this week, and the amount of commercials I have seen on TV just since Monday (more then double what I was seeing) leads me to believe they are holding stock to sell more on Friday.

I wouldn't be surprised if all stocking issues were gone by Monday next week...
    11-26-08 07:48 AM
    Everyone wants what they can't have. You remember the demand for the iphone and the Wii. Blackberry and Verizon are doing the same thing.
    11-26-08 07:55 AM
    Does anyone remember a bunch of people on this forum and howard forums talking about how they didnt care if the software was a little buggy they just wanted one now.

Here you go.

Only up from here as far as I'm concerned.
    11-26-08 08:05 AM
    i am one of the goofs who ran out to get it on friday, but I have to admit I am lucky that I did not receive a buggy phone and also I am very happy with my phone!
    11-26-08 08:11 AM
    Me too Dingle...I went out on Friday and bought mine as well. Mine works great!
    11-26-08 08:18 AM
    Who knows. I was luicky enough to get a phone that wasn't buggy. I do know one thing though - this software update had better be PERFECT or there are going to be some really pissxed off people out there. BB users are a different breed. We don't like to be messed with
    Yes the software update will come a few days after 1/15. That way even if the updated doesn't help you are past the return period and stuck with the phone.
    11-26-08 08:18 AM
    Yes the software update will come a few days after 1/15. That way even if the updated doesn't help you are past the return period and stuck with the phone.
    The software update is due on 12.1.08, not 1/15. Just a fyi.

One of the reasons for the limited supply was in fact to see how much of a demand there was for the phone. This also put the phones in a few limited hands for beta testing at our expense. See the geniues of it? We just payed them to find all the bugs, they made a lot of money, then they can turn around and fix the bugs we found then sell a ton more. WOW. This is how the world turns.

In regards to us being beta testers, maybe you all haven't noticed a cycle with everything from cell phones to video games. It has been so many years since I have seen a video game or cell phone that hasn't been released where we bought the product, found a **** load of bugs, complained, then within a few weeks a patch comes out.

BB employees are probably all over this site and the internet reading about the bugs.
    11-26-08 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD