Does not exist on the storm. Just a bad attempt at something the resembles copy and paste. Trying to select text in the native browser is just silly! Fricken thing doesn't know if you're trying to scroll or select text. Who the **** at RIM would even sign off on this cr@p and put it out for release?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 01:43 PM
    agreed....
    06-03-10 01:44 PM
    never had a problem with it...
    06-03-10 01:58 PM
    Select/copy/paste operation in the native browser is a problem, agreed. Workaround is either use a different browser or do any typing in memopad and then copy/paste to native browser.
    06-03-10 04:06 PM
    Another work around that kinda works ok is to go into cursor mode and select text range with that...but it's still has that unfinished feel to it.

06-03-10 07:46 PM
    never had a problem with it...
    +1/2

Wouldn't say I never had a single problem, but I haven't had a tantrum either.
    06-03-10 07:54 PM
    If it were "Mission Critical" tantrum may not be the right word.

When working on time sensitive multimillion dollar transactions, whatever one needs to complete s task, just has to work. Not sorta kinds almost, well its good enough for some. RIM used to be all about pushing the technological envelope for its hardcore business users. But truncated emails, download caps. Alert and ring tone limitations. Singular BES synchronization. Even BB maps has fallen at least a generation behind. So yeah, cut and paste on S2 still kinda sucks.

06-03-10 08:57 PM

When working on time sensitive multimillion dollar transactions, whatever one needs to complete s task, just has to work. Not sorta kinds almost, well its good enough for some. RIM used to be all about pushing the technological envelope for its hardcore business users. But truncated emails, download caps. Alert and ring tone limitations. Singular BES synchronization. Even BB maps has fallen at least a generation behind. So yeah, cut and paste on S2 still kinda sucks.

Couldn't agree more. I wasn't referring to your well spoken post.
    06-03-10 09:36 PM

That is why during business hours I have my laptop and a tether plan is I'm not in the office.

06-03-10 10:36 PM
    Nice try.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-03-10 11:22 PM
    What settings should it be set at in order to copy and paste accurately? What do people have their two interval and hover period set at?

06-04-10 03:22 AM
    Does not exist on the storm. Just a bad attempt at something the resembles copy and paste. Trying to select text in the native browser is just silly! Fricken thing doesn't know if you're trying to scroll or select text. Who the **** at RIM would even sign off on this cr@p and put it out for release?

select/copy/paster is frustrating on S2. I tried copying a tracking number from an email and pasting it into USPS.com mobile and I ended up writing the number on a piece of paper and typing it in.

on my Tour it's a much easier process!
    06-04-10 08:20 AM
    It's better when you get used to it but still bad. I use smartcopy now and that should be a native app for the Storm. Makes it much easier especially when you have stuff you need to copy/cut/paste ion a hurry
    06-04-10 08:31 AM
    What settings should it be set at in order to copy and paste accurately? What do people have their two interval and hover period set at?

Mine are 500, 1000, and 6.
    These settings have defiantly stopped any jumping around that occurred for me with default settings,
    06-04-10 08:53 AM
    Thanks jiggy, seen a massive improvement!

06-04-10 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD