When typing in landscape mode camera starts. Not normally, things begin to flicker then it will remain locked on, requires a batt pull to get out. When I take the camera off the side button it no longer happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 08:32 AM
    When typing in landscape mode camera starts. Not normally, things begin to flicker then it will remain locked on, requires a batt pull to get out. When I take the camera off the side button it no longer happens.

Uh .... it sounds like you are accidentally hitting the side button when you are typing. That is why you no longer have the "bug" when you take the camera off the side button.
    01-02-09 08:35 AM
    I am suspecting once the camera is started it keeps running even if you exit or close it. change the right button see if you have the same experience. watch how long your battery lasts too. Then repost
    01-02-09 08:38 AM
    I told Verizon tech about this EXACT same scenario. He said "known problem with day 0 (11/21/08) phones". He ordered me a replacement. I asked him to include a return shipping pre-paid label. He thanked me for reminding him and put a checkbox on some field to make sure it is sent.

One interesting note; this is not happen until I downloaded the "leaked" version .76? a few weeks back. In panic, I did a complete wipe and installed day 0 version. The camera thing did happen again, but not as bad as with the leaked version. I have since upgraded to the released version (mid December) and only had it happen a few times. I also told tech that screen wiggles a bit and hopefully the design might be changed by now.

Mine is made in Canada 1

HTH, Tom

01-02-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD