Give us the ability to disable the change from portrait to landscape. It's so annoying to be lying down in your bed wanting to use the Storm and then to have to constantly deal with the flipping from position to position.

We should be able to disable it sometimes.
    02-07-09 05:46 PM
    Yes i totally agree with you!
    02-07-09 05:53 PM
    I have this problem too, i want to type in portrait but when laying down it alwys goes to landscape, Definately Agreed! Maybe someone could write a simple app....
    02-07-09 05:57 PM
    +1000! There's a thread on blackberry's help forum with tons of people that agree with you. The consensus was a toggle per app would be best. I would settle for phone app in portrait.
    02-07-09 06:00 PM
    It shouldn't have to be a 3rd party app... Rim should just incorporate this into their next official OS!
    02-07-09 06:03 PM
    +1000! There's a thread on blackberry's help forum with tons of people that agree with you. The consensus was a toggle per app would be best. I would settle for phone app in portrait.
    here's the link to that thread if you're interested. Throw in your "VOTE FOR CHANGE" lol

BlackBerry Support Community Forums - Disable accelerometer? - BlackBerry 9500 Series Smartphone - BlackBerry Storm - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    02-07-09 06:09 PM
    RIM should add a feature which turns the screen into this crazy powerful magnet that can open beer bottles.
    02-07-09 06:14 PM
    maybe a preset menu: SMS/MMS in landscape with home in portrait...pick and choose the orientation of individual apps
    02-07-09 06:16 PM
    I know this can be done, as when watching video, it stays in landscape mode.
    02-07-09 06:16 PM
    It shouldn't need to be disable so much as tweaked. It goes into landscape too easily, but takes too much to get it back into portrait. It should be the other way around. It should take tilting the device completely sideways to get it into landscape and a small tilt back to get it into portrait.
    02-07-09 06:48 PM
    I know this can be done, as when watching video, it stays in landscape mode.
    Exactly!!

This capability needs to be added into the next Official OS. It's good to see that there are so many people that agree with me on this.

Cause just what would the world come to if people couldn't use their BlackBerry Storms while in bed in peace without having to fight with the thing?
    02-07-09 06:55 PM
    It would be sweet to have one of the convenience buttons set to lock it in whatever orientation it's in at the time.
    02-07-09 06:56 PM
    Couldn't agree more...I'd love to see this feature! It annoys me most when I'm texting and I put the phone down somewhere, and when I get a reply and go back to the phone and pick it up, lots of times it goes into landscape which I don't want (I hardly ever use landscape for texting, always SureType). We can be hopeful...hehe.
    02-07-09 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD