Alright, I bought the Storm because I wanted to stay with Verizon but after this experience I am tempted to go to ATT and get an iPhone. I have never had an iPhone and the storm is my 4th BB, so don't judge me as some fly-by-night BB user...

My experience and what is pushing me away:
    • Verizon and RIM released this POS software just to 'get it out'
    • Storm is much slower at multi-tasking (iPhone does not multi-task, I assumed it did, I was corrected by a co-worker)
    • Storm hold's 8/16 gigs with a mini-SD card + 1 gig built in
    • iPhone is 8/16 gigs built in plus room to add a mini-SD card (Not true, I was misinformed)
    • iPhone has been out so much longer so it has a ton more and better apps. BB is new at this 'mass public' game so their apps are mostly business related and now that I am a BIS user and not BES I want this for 95% fun and 5% work.

So, should I take this back and not renew my contract in 12 days?

Edit:
    Fixed some of my information as to not tick people off who only read the first post...
    Last edited by murky024; 12-02-08 at 03:47 PM.
    12-02-08 02:47 PM
    Most of the feature issues you listed are known without even buying the Storm, let alone owning 4 different BB's...

So I'm confused why you bought the Storm in the first place if you already knew most of this stuff.

As for the others:
    1st gen phone with 1st gen OS, go figure. iPhone had the same problem, even with the 2nd iteration.
    The phone just came out so multimedia/game apps have to be developed. If you are already impatient and the phone barely launched, again I'm not really sure why you bought a new phone that apps are just starting to be developed for...
    12-02-08 02:52 PM
    Alright, I bought the Storm because I wanted to stay with Verizon but after this experience I am tempted to go to ATT and get an iPhone. I have never had an iPhone and the storm is my 4th BB, so don't judge me as some fly-by-night BB user...

My experience and what is pushing me away:
    • Verizon and RIM released this POS software just to 'get it out'
    • Storm is much slower at multi-tasking
    • Storm hold's 8/16 gigs with a mini-SD card + 1 gig built in
    • iPhone is 8/16 gigs built in plus room to add a mini-SD card
    • iPhone has been out so much longer so it has a ton more and better apps. BB is new at this 'mass public' game so their apps are mostly business related and now that I am a BIS user and not BES I want this for 95% fun and 5% work.

So, should I take this back and not renew my contract in 12 days?
    Yep, you need to move to ATT & iphone. I'm sticking with the BB because I want to stick with Verizon. otherwise I'd wait and replace my BB with an iphone. With your desires, I doubt you'll ever be happy with the Storm. hope the ATT network meets your needs.
    12-02-08 02:53 PM
    in a slow monotone voice, No, please, stop, stay, dont go

In all seriousness, it's up for you to decide which you like better. Try them both out, knock yourself out. Get what you want, not what other people want you to get....
    12-02-08 02:54 PM
    Not sure why someone should have to convince you to stay...

either you want to or you dont. Noone else can make that decision dor you, nor should they have to.

I actually terminated a tmobile contract to get the storm, and I have no regrets
    12-02-08 02:59 PM
    actually, the iPhone doesn't have room for a mini SD card. you cannot add memory to the phone.
    12-02-08 03:02 PM
    No you should go to att better service which is important. Not! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 03:02 PM
    Just getting ready to make the jump to BB Storm from Treo 700p. I am aware of most of the challenges out there facing a brand new device, and I'm prepared to deal...just wanted to know what the games selection is like presently (I use my Palm for work, but I'm a pretty heavy 3rd party apps and games user)

I'm excited to watch as new stuff comes out, but is there a decent selection out there now for 3rd party apps and games?
    12-02-08 03:04 PM
    Why do you need other people to convince you to stay?? I mean if you had 4 other BB before and you don't like this one then go get Iphone. It's your choice don't let other people change your mind.
    12-02-08 03:05 PM
    The iPhone has no way of upgrading the memory from the installed 8/16 GB. The only thing that you the purchaser of the iPhone can change is the sim card.
    12-02-08 03:06 PM
    Indecisiveness is a disease. If there's doubt, there is no doubt.

Switch to AT&T.
    12-02-08 03:08 PM
    Simple.

You will be bounded to use Ipod media. You can not store your personal wma. mp3s mp4.. the list goes on.. Ipod is trying to take over the market but It won happen
    12-02-08 03:09 PM
    Hate to do it, but how old are you? You can't really be serious. Either you think the device is worth it or you don't. Yours works fine/and or you'll wait for updates or you won't. But come on now, wanting someone to convince you. Sounds to me like you've already made up your mind.
    12-02-08 03:13 PM
    Verizon and RIM released this POS software just to 'get it out'
    Have you tried the leaked .75 release? It's much, much better than .65.

Storm is much slower at multi-tasking
    As opposed to the iPhone which allows NO multitasking.

Storm hold's 8/16 gigs with a mini-SD card + 1 gig built in
    It's a microSD card not mini. And yes at this time 16GB is the max.

iPhone is 8/16 gigs built in plus room to add a mini-SD card
    iPhone has NO slot to add memory. 16GB is the largest iPhone you can buy. Your information is a bit faulty there.

iPhone has been out so much longer so it has a ton more and better apps. BB is new at this 'mass public' game so their apps are mostly business related and now that I am a BIS user and not BES I want this for 95% fun and 5% work.
    I'm sure when the BB launches their version of the AppStore, the business/entertainment app ratio will shift.

I own the iPod Touch and could have bought a iPhone. But instead I switched to VZW for the Storm. While I love my Touch as a media player and occasional game machine, I'm not a big fan of typing on it and the very poor email/contacts/calendar feature set really put me off of the iPhone.

If you want my opinion, stick with the Storm. If you live on email and messaging, there's nothing better.
    12-02-08 03:15 PM
    Simple.

You will be bounded to use Ipod media. You can not store your personal wma. mp3s mp4.. the list goes on.. Ipod is trying to take over the market but It won happen

What is Ipod media lol. I have mp3 on Ipod you just can't put wma.
    I was unaware that Iphone was able to use SD cards?

If your intent is truly 95% fun 5% work than you've pretty much made up your own mind. As your well aware RIM is not a fly by nite company they will work all the bugs out. I really think that this device will truly do most everything well. Honestly the only thing Iphone will probably have over Storm is games (ex. Crash Bandicoot racing). But look at all the things the Storm has that iphone doesn't an OS that your already familar with, document editing, MMS and the ability to store any type of file in memory on top all of the features iphone has like media player, IM, html browser. One last thing remember that the provider also has to figure into your decision.
    Why does anyone have to convince you? If you don't like it just get the iphone no. No loss
    12-02-08 03:16 PM
    I can understand your frustration with the quality of the Storm. However, why would you want to switch to an IPhone. Multi-tasking is just as difficult and you will probably dread the touch keyboard if you are used to a normal blackberry keyboard. Memory is not expandable on the iphone as far as i know, but i could be wrong.

I understand you are looking for a recreational phone now that you dont need it for work, but I have a feeling that a crackberry user like yourself will quickly become annoyed at some of the features you are used to.

I am a verizon fan boy, so switching to AT&T would be a mistake if you ask me. However, if you do want to switch, why not get a BlackBerry Bold?

Bottom line, stay with Verizon and wait it out for some updates, but if you can't, at least get a Bold!
    12-02-08 03:18 PM
    Why do you need other people to convince you to stay?? I mean if you had 4 other BB before and you don't like this one then go get Iphone. It's your choice don't let other people change your mind.
    Again, I used to be a BES user. 2 of those phones were when I worked in the corporate world and had a BES phone. I now work for a small software company and we don't have BES so I am on BIS and get email pushed via a forward to my BB email account. The iPhone has a Zimbra plug-in so would be able to push email right from my work email.

The reason I went BB again when I came to this company was because I knew BB from my previous experience and we had an Verizon plan at work. I am not a new BB user just a newish BIS user...

Edit:
    Yes and sorry I just checked the iPhone does not have a mini-SD card slot. It does however allow you to use all of the 8/16 gigs for apps where as the BB doesn't.
    Just getting ready to make the jump to BB Storm from Treo 700p. I am aware of most of the challenges out there facing a brand new device, and I'm prepared to deal...just wanted to know what the games selection is like presently (I use my Palm for work, but I'm a pretty heavy 3rd party apps and games user)

I'm excited to watch as new stuff comes out, but is there a decent selection out there now for 3rd party apps and games?
    Newbury,

Howdy from another ex-700p owner.

There are TONS of 3rd party apps/games out for the Blackberry OS. However, the Storm is the first BB with a touchscreen...and it's only been out around 10 days so, 3rd party apps that work seamlessly on it are fairly scarce AT THE MOMENT. Developers are literally releasing Storm-optimized versions of existing apps on a daily basis. Instango and Ascendo are developers that both have a presence here in the forums.

I only know of one game (Nintaii) that uses the Storm's accelerometer. That's a serious untapped input device (Please....for the love of GOD...someone port Marble Madness to the Storm!!!!!!!).

It's a great PDA and the programs that are out there (that are written specifically with it in mind) work well but, you're not going to find anything NEAR the 3rd party application base that the Palm has enjoyed over the years. That's going to take some time.
    Simple.

?? All of my media is .mp3 on my Touch. Granted I have to use that POS iTunes to sync the tunes though...
    Convince you to stay?

no thanks!
    Last edited by MichaelMurdock; 12-02-08 at 03:23 PM. Reason: *
    12-02-08 03:22 PM
    Please....for the love of GOD...someone port Marble Madness to the Storm!!!!!!!).
    LOL YES!!

marble madness FTW!!!

besides mike tyson's punch out, that was the only game on the good ol NES i couldn't beat...
    12-02-08 03:23 PM
    Get rid of it. I felt like crap for since the 21st for blowing money on a POS phone and wasting the entire day for something I didn't want to use or actually couldn't even use. I ended up getting the Curve and am now happy.
    12-02-08 03:24 PM
    Yes and sorry I just checked the iPhone does not have a mini-SD card slot. It does however allow you to use all of the 8/16 gigs for apps where as the BB doesn't.
    Being a Touch owner, I can tell you that having your device loaded with apps is a bit overrated. I've downloaded probably 100 apps from the AppStore and maybe have 20 on my Touch. Of those 20, I might actually use 5 of them.
    12-02-08 03:25 PM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD