I've searched with no luck. If this is a repost then please forgive me.

Is there an App to convert iTunes to our BB's software? I have the 9530 Storm

05-11-09 10:00 AM

For you a link (LINK)
    05-11-09 10:03 AM
    Thanks buddy!
    05-11-09 10:05 AM
    I know you already have your awnser but what do you mean convert, whats the issue your having ???
    05-11-09 10:19 AM
    I know you already have your awnser but what do you mean convert, whats the issue your having ???
    Just trying to get my iTunes in my library to this phone. It would mean one less thing to bring while traveling to listen to music. I have over 2k songs and would like to listen to them on this Storm.
    05-11-09 10:26 AM
    Why do you need tuneclone (that guys link) You can just drag and drop your songs onto the memory card ???
    05-11-09 10:31 AM
    Why do you need tuneclone (that guys link) You can just drag and drop your songs onto the memory card ???
    It's not that I need that software, but I did try to drop and drag on the card and it came up that the card was protected and could not be accessed unless I used the BB software.

I just got a new 8G and 16G disk but haven't had the time to see if that method works for them.
    05-11-09 10:34 AM
    Ahh I see.
    05-11-09 10:37 AM

I also need help with this issue.
    05-11-09 10:42 AM
    Ahh I see.
    My BB came with an already loaded 8G card, and I didn't realize they would have it protected....oh well, learn something new everyday...
    05-11-09 10:43 AM
    The software that comes with the phone allows you to sync itunes playlists ti the storm
    05-11-09 10:45 AM
    The software that comes with the phone allows you to sync itunes playlists ti the storm
    Hmm, did not know that. I will give it a try. Do you just plug the BB in and open your library to download?
    05-11-09 10:51 AM
    Hmm, did not know that. I will give it a try. Do you just plug the BB in and open your library to download?
    How about you install the Media Manager software and look around...You'd be surprised how much you'll find...lol

There is an itunes tranferrer on there...

You know...the CD you were supposed to look at when you got the phone...but why would anyone want to do that...
    05-11-09 10:58 AM
    I thougth that even after transferring itunes to the storm, it would NOT play drm protected itunes music.

So I never tried it. Are you saying that the Storm CAN play all itunes protected songs? If so, please explain.

Thanks!
    05-11-09 11:06 AM
    "That Guys" software link, was made so that it can easily help compress the songs even more. That way you can load more on, without an issue.

I figured everyone knew the drag and drop method. I use the software to keep my Storm running clean and not choppy/laggy.
    05-11-09 11:08 AM
    How about you install the Media Manager software and look around...You'd be surprised how much you'll find...lol

There is an itunes tranferrer on there...

You know...the CD you were supposed to look at when you got the phone...but why would anyone want to do that...
    Well, FYI, I did look at the CD when I bought it but unfortunately I did not get to that area of it. Between kids schedules and work I really have not spent the time needed to actually digest it all. So forgive me for not taking the time to
    05-11-09 11:09 AM
    Well, FYI, I did look at the CD when I bought it but unfortunately I did not get to that area of it. Between kids schedules and work I really have not spent the time needed to actually digest it all. So forgive me for not taking the time to
    You're forgiven

Just install the Media Manager...
    05-11-09 11:18 AM
    You're forgiven

Just install the Media Manager...
    Thanks for the info!
    05-11-09 11:19 AM
    using tune-clone allows you to put DRM protected songs on your BB and have them play
    05-11-09 12:13 PM
    using tune-clone allows you to put DRM protected songs on your BB and have them play
    So, are you saying by NOT using this software they will NOT work using the Media Manager? Just want to be clear.
    05-11-09 12:25 PM
    I thougth that even after transferring itunes to the storm, it would NOT play drm protected itunes music.

So I never tried it. Are you saying that the Storm CAN play all itunes protected songs? If so, please explain.

Thanks!
    It will not play the DRM protected stuff (your purchases) but a lot of the newer stuff is not DRM protected. Also, anything you loaded in via CD isn't protected. There are some conversion tools that work by simulating a CD Burn and read to pull the DRM protection off.
    05-11-09 12:25 PM
    So, are you saying by NOT using this software they will NOT work using the Media Manager? Just want to be clear.
    Yes, unless its a recently purchased song with has the DRM removed. I had alot of songs 500+ that were bought last year or so and all had to be converted using tune-clone. Tune clone simulates burning to a phantom drive and puts the songs in a file, then you just drag the songs from this file to your BB
    05-11-09 12:34 PM
    Yes, unless its a recently purchased song with has the DRM removed. I had alot of songs 500+ that were bought last year or so and all had to be converted using tune-clone. Tune clone simulates burning to a phantom drive and puts the songs in a file, then you just drag the songs from this file to your BB
    Thanks for the explanation.
    05-11-09 12:38 PM
    Desktop manager doesnt work.
    05-16-09 05:44 PM
    I got so frustrated I paid the upgrade in Itunes to have all of my songs converted. Apparently they are better quality when you up grade from the DRM protected files. The only problem I am having is that I want to try and grab music from my sons mac Itunes library that I have paid for as well.
    05-16-09 06:09 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD