I have a Blackberry Storm and recently broke the screen on it. I cannot select anything on the screen and can only answer incoming calls and dial out to the last number in my call log. Is there any way to control the phone using the computer to access text messages, etc?

Thanks for the help!
    10-27-09 07:48 AM
    Don't think so. But you can back it up and be able to restore to a replacement. Which can be done thru DM using the back up utility or device switch wizard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 08:00 AM
    You really need to get a replacement. if you don't have insurance you can appeal to your carrier tell them the truth and they MAY offer you a special price. Worstcase replace with a cheap dumb phone and get rid of the 30 dollar a month data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 08:06 AM
    After its not working, I don't know.

If you had mIQ installed, you could see all your text messages and send them right on your computer.

I know log me in was also working on an app to control the BB, but again you would need the phone to work to set either of these up.

So for you, Craterz has the best plan. Just have it all copied to a new phone.

Everyone else, install something now so this doesn't happen to you.
    10-27-09 09:31 AM
    You can call verizon on your home phone and put insurance on your phone and they will call your cell to verify it works, which you can answer, so it will work. Wait a couple days and then call in an insurance claim. I do not condone this since it is probably illegal. I'm sure you have insurance since these phones cost 500+ dollars for a BB.
    10-27-09 09:35 AM
    If you don't have insurance and tried to get Verizon to give you an decent price ($50) and failed, then you can get a new screen from Ebay for like $65-75.
    It is only 6 screws you have to take off and put back on. There is a video on Youtube if you search Storm screen replacement from directfix that shows you exactly what you are getting yourself into (not too much work). You need a Torx T6 screwdriver (or a tiny Philips head screwdriver, that's what I used). You don't need the case opener tool, you can just peel it off.
    Good luck, hope this helps.
    10-27-09 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD