Hi,

If I have bluetooth on my PC, can I use the BB Storm to as a remote control over bluetooth to advance slides in Powerpoint presentations?

What software do I need to use to do this?
    01-11-09 12:22 PM
    Yes, you can. Check this out..bluCTRL wireless Bluetooth keyboard and mouse It's still in beta so it's free too and I have not noticed any bugs. Also makes your BB a wireless mouse.
    01-11-09 12:29 PM
    Vectir - IR and Bluetooth Remote Control of PC Media Players -- works for simple things for me, and I'm sure it could be setup to control a powerpoint presentation without too much fuss.

Not made for the storm, and the "Remote" screen doesn't seem to work for me unless I assign the commands to a character on the storm portrait keyboard, but it works... and fairly well at that.
    01-11-09 12:31 PM
    Thanks for the reply!

bluCTRL looks great! I'll try it with my PC running WinXP ... however I also use a Macbook on the road, which runs Mac OS X.

Doesn't look like the bluCTRL receiver software runs on a MAC. Are there other similar products for controlling presentations on a Mac?
    01-11-09 12:34 PM
    Ok, not quite the same thing, but I did find a free app for Mac OS X that lets you control Powerpoint, iTunes, and other apps via the Apple Remote. This remote comes with all Macs / Macbooks equipped with a IR receiver.

iRed Lite - Takes Apple Remote Further

Sorry, it's slightly off-topic but thought it might help others in the future. Too bad bluCTRL and such don't work on Blackberries for MAC
    01-12-09 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD