I have a BB Storm 1 OS 5.0.0.328 (platform 4.2.0.128) and my contacts are not auto-filling when I go to compose a text or email. Wait, let me clarify... Some contacts are auto-filling and some are not. There is no rhyme or reason to what is going on. Has this happened to anyone else?

I am considering backing up contacts and data and re-installing OS. Can someone tell me what that will do to all the apps I have downloaded to my Storm? Will I have to reinstall those as well?

Any help would be appreciated.

Donna
    04-06-10 09:39 AM
    no need to reinstall OS if only contacts are missing. just use the DM backup & install the file with your backed up contacts. it won't affect your apps.
    04-06-10 09:55 AM
    Actually, my contacts are not missing. When I open up Contacts directly, I see all of them but, when I go to compose, they are not showing up when I start typing a name.
    04-06-10 10:11 AM
    I also need to add that when I go into Contacts using it's icon and start typing in the Find box at the top, not all show up. I can scroll down and see them but not all will show up. Example: I have a contact named Sam. I type in Sa and I get Sarah and Sabrina but no Sam. I backspace to remove the S and the A and just scroll down to the S's and I can see Sam along with Sarah and Sabrina. Does that make sense?

Also, I have checked and I do not have any Filters applied to the address book.
    Last edited by nole10; 04-06-10 at 10:33 AM.
    04-06-10 10:30 AM
    ok so your contacts are actually there but not showing up when you start a message; i see. yes i would reinstall your OS after you've tried all of the above.
    04-06-10 10:47 AM
    shot in the dark.....do you maybe have a space as the first character in the contact that is not showing up?
    04-06-10 11:52 AM
    Strange. This just started happening to me today too! i have official VZW OS. Haven't changed any settings. So when i compose an email, select the first letter in the To field, my contacts don't show...only happens in email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 10:58 AM
    Did you ever resolve this problem? It started happening to me last night and I've been unable to find a solution.
    06-24-10 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD