Hi,

My storm 1 broke but not before I was able to get a backup of the phone. Now I have the storm 2 and I don't want to do a full restore from that backup. Is it possible just to get the contacts from my backup file and that's it?
    06-06-10 06:54 PM
    Hi,

My storm 1 broke but not before I was able to get a backup of the phone. Now I have the storm 2 and I don't want to do a full restore from that backup. Is it possible just to get the contacts from my backup file and that's it?
    do a selective restore in Device Manager. Just copy over the contacts and calendar events if you want those also.
    06-06-10 07:28 PM
    You can do that working with a backup file only? I thought that was only done if you had the other phone also.
    06-06-10 08:00 PM
    You can do that working with a backup file only? I thought that was only done if you had the other phone also.
    wrong. you should have backup files (extension is "ipd") on your HDD.
    06-06-10 08:10 PM
    ok, I see what you mean. I have a backup file but when I look at the items I'm able to restore it shows my address book - All being greyed out. Is there any way I can still get it restored?
    06-06-10 08:13 PM
    ok, I see what you mean. I have a backup file but when I look at the items I'm able to restore it shows my address book - All being greyed out. Is there any way I can still get it restored?
    off the top of my head, I don't know why they are grayed out. you might give tech support a call.
    06-06-10 09:50 PM
    off the top of my head, I don't know why they are grayed out. you might give tech support a call.
    Maybe his phone is not connected to the PC ..
    06-07-10 04:18 AM
    It is probably read only. Delete Desktop Sync from the service book then restore it then undelete it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD