So I just got my Storm a few days ago and am really liking it. One problem I have run into is with contact alerts. I set up a specific ringtone for my work and set all the options to follow the active profile. However, when the selected profile is vibrate only the ringtone still goes off when I receive a call from work. Does anyone know if I did something wrong or what is going on. I want to have specific ringtones but I don't want them going off when i don't have my phone on a ring profile. Thanks in advance for the help.
    03-23-09 05:56 PM
    Struggled with this myself, along with many people in forum. Hoping next OFFICIAL OS update fixes. There might be 3rd party programs that fix or work around it. I would love to know myself. I tried custom profiles with all kinds of adjustments etc.. and they never worked.
    03-23-09 06:31 PM
    Unfortunately, this is a known flaw of OS .75. The only way to work around it is to create your own custom profile under the sounds menu (Click on the sounds icon>Custom Profiles>Add Custom Profile), and use that profile to override the ring tones/message alerts that you set up for your contacts. For instance, I set up my own custom sound profile that will only vibrate, and that overrides the alerts I set for my contacts. Just make sure that you have your Contact alerts set to "Active Profile" under their volume option. This should fix the problem. It's annoying, but from what I understand, this will be fixed with other OS updates.
    03-23-09 06:36 PM
    what morf said :yup:
    03-23-09 06:57 PM
    Thanks alot!
    03-23-09 11:07 PM
    have they come up with a way to fix this now or?
    03-24-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD