Few questions:
    1. Is there a way to keep separate contact lists? Example, one that just has all the email adresses you have, and another that just keeps phone numbers?

2. Any reason why BB doesn't remember an email addy I previously sent to but did not save in contact list or do I not have something set correctly?

3. Is there a way to set a primary calling number for somone? Example is I have someone that has three numbers but I always call their mobile - any way to set it to call that first?

4. I have created GROUPS in my contact list. Now I can't get back to my basic contact list. All it shows is the filter for business and personal - of which I have no set up any. I can't even find the GROUPS (which I think are contained inside the contact list! Any suggestions how to find the normal contact list again?

Thanks everyone!
    01-18-09 07:30 PM
    1. The only way to have seperate contact lists are personal and business.

2. Blackberry will not add it automatically to your contacts.

3. No, and I really wish you could.

4. Again, only business and personal work. No other groups. Again, another complaint I've always had.

Sorry there's really not a good solution to your questions.
    01-18-09 07:33 PM
    Thanks! I finally got back to my regular contact list - clicked something and shazamm!
    01-18-09 07:53 PM
    Might have had one of the filters on. Glad everything is back to normal. Hopefully they will enhance contacts and tasks sometime soon. That's the one thing Palm had right.
    01-18-09 07:56 PM
    Some might find this useful.

I set up GROUPS in my contact List.

I named them starting with a NUMBER; 1 Work, 2 Family, 3 Friends, 4 Utility Co, 4 Contractors, etc.

That way, they filter to the TOP of the CONTACT LIST.

It beats having to sort thru the contact list or remembering all the GROUPS I have set up and a nice way to organize the contacts.

01-18-09 08:03 PM
    I should do that with mine thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 08:11 PM
    Frustrated here..........

So, I have the groups set up, however, I thought the intent of GROUPS was that I could open the contact list, then click which GROUP I wanted to open, click on a name in that GROUP , and dial THAT number for them. Not working that way at all. NOTHING happens when I click on the GROUP from the contact list. Instead.....

I have to

• Open contact list
    • highlight the Group
    • click the BB button
    • highlight call from contacts
    • hightlight the Group again
    • click then BB button
    • click View Group

then I see the names in the GROUP, BUT I can't figure out HOW to call from there.

I thought setting up groups was going to prevent me from having to scroll thru all the contacts and then choosing which number of theirs I wanted to call! But noooooooooooo....

So, what's the purpose of "Groups" in the contact list???

Help appreciated....thanks
    01-21-09 08:19 PM
    I think the purpose of groups is to easily send an email or a text message to many people at once.
    01-22-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD