I believe I'm running out of time to receive a replacement...
    No you're not. You've got a one year warranty.
    01-07-09 09:16 PM
    i have only had 1 reboot since I bought the phone on the launch date.
    01-07-09 11:10 PM
    well they're sending me out a refurb. I'm a little pissed. I'm gonna hope it works okay. if not. I'll send that one back and go with another storm or just say whatever and go back to my pearl until a stable version comes out.
    01-08-09 01:55 AM
    well they're sending me out a refurb. I'm a little pissed. I'm gonna hope it works okay. if not. I'll send that one back and go with another storm or just say whatever and go back to my pearl until a stable version comes out.
    At least the refub will be throroughly tested before it leaves (unlike the garbage new ones we've been getting)!
    01-08-09 08:14 AM
    I gave up with .85. Had to go back to the official .75. It just kept locking up, and staying at the Verizon logo.
    01-08-09 09:15 AM
    im on my second battery and second phone. since then i have noticed only 2 "phantom resets" (my term soon to be copyrighted ). Mine will reset completely randomly while not even being touched. It woke me up at 3:45 this am bc of that super bright white screen. I still have 4 common denominators btw the 2 phones
    1. OS .75
    2. Media card
    3. GoogleMaps
    4. AutoLock

I hope its not autolock, i love that one. I have noticed a major decrease in phantom resets since i replaced the battery, the new storm reset 5x in the first 6 hours of being activated. VZW gave me a new battery last night just by asking for it
    01-09-09 11:15 AM
    Try the phone without the sim card for a couple of days. I read on another forum that it improved the stability with a few stating it stopped the reboot issues..
    01-10-09 01:16 PM
    well my replacement was actually a FRU, but it's a phenomenal one. haven't had to do one reboot or battery pull since I got it yesterday morning. it works near perfect. I'm still on .75.

@jef400dread: I removed every app imaginable on my phone, and still got the random reboot. so to be honest, I'd go with a clean wipe with everything and remove the sim card and see if it does it then, for me, it didn't make a difference if I had 50 apps on there or none, it'd reboot in the evenings from about 3:30pm to 12am every night. it'd be fine any other time.
    01-10-09 03:02 PM
    If your phone is freezing up then YOU NEED A REPLACEMENT. I had the same problem with the first 2 storms that i got which were manufactured on dec.8 2008 and they both froze about every 2 minutes the phone was on....then i got a replacement that was made on december 22 and the phone has been perfect and has not rebooted a single time. I can have the phone on for as i want it doesnt matter and the phone will never freeze. It has been absolutly perfect and am now just waiting for the OS that should have been released with the phone to be available from RIM!
    01-11-09 05:52 PM
    @hcave, i did the wipe on my first phone, in the early stages...i'll do that again if i have to, but based on some advice i found in another forum, i pulled the SIM card this am. Its been a good 6+ hours now without a reset (fingers crossed) so far so good. if it goes a whole 2 days without me noticing a reset...i'll consider it a victory
    01-12-09 03:26 PM
    update***phantom reset at least once last night, calling VZW/BB tech support, preparing for a good 2 hour phone call
    01-13-09 09:28 AM
    That's why these are NOT official releases. In the IT world you set milestones in projects. Those milestones have certain updates/fixes. Once the milestone requirements are met, they slap a new OS build number on it and then throw it over to their internal QC department for testing. If they find more issues (like the LED issue in .86) they document it for the next milestone. That is why whenever an OS is LEAKED (keyword here), they tell you to install at your own risk. Once they feel comfortable enough to put their name on it then they'll officially release it.
    01-13-09 10:30 AM
    I am now nearing 72 hours without a phantom reset which is the longest period for me since 11/21. My trouble shooting involved a wipe, a replaced phone, then the battery, removing all apps, then another wipe.

Before my most recent wipe, I did a back up, then i RESTORED THE ADDRESS BOOK ONLY. After that, i waited 2 days, to verify, no phantom resets in that time, then yesterday, i added back Weatherbug and Talklock. Im going to omit Googlemaps (which i had on both phones) due to its lack of accuracy and file size.

In closing, its seems that the problem was caused by something in my software. It followed me from one phone to another, even after replacing the battery, and removing the SIM card. I have never run an unofficial OS. The first phone i updated to .75, the second phone came with .75
    01-16-09 06:37 AM
    Since I've gotten my replacement, I haven't had 1 phantom reset. this is with .86 mind you. On the previous one, I would completely wipe from .85, install .75 with nothing on it, get the same problem. then wipe, install .65 and get the same problem. I feel as though my issue was directly caused by the OS and hardware interaction just wasn't meeting up no matter what was installed. so glad I got a replacement though, this one has been flawless.
    01-16-09 10:32 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD