When I connect my Storm to the PC it has always showed up as a drive on my laptop. I was able to drag and drop files to the media card. It suddenly has stopped doing this. The card never shows in the file manager on the PC. The phone itself still sees the music, ringtones, and pictures I have stored on the card. If I go to DM and start the media manager it sees the card just fine. Any ideas?
    05-11-09 05:09 AM
    Think its got to do with the Mass Storage Mode. Set it in the options screen.

Also, i've noticed that if i don't remove the device from the PC properly (eject device), then weird things happen when i plug it in again.

Hope it helps.
    05-11-09 05:59 AM
    Think its got to do with the Mass Storage Mode. Set it in the options screen.

Also, i've noticed that if i don't remove the device from the PC properly (eject device), then weird things happen when i plug it in again.

Hope it helps.
    The mass store is set correctly. It is on as it should be. It has been working for months and then just quit.
    05-11-09 06:02 AM
    Check under My Computer to see of the drive is agowong up there. That's where I had to start going to find mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 06:26 AM
    Check under My Computer to see of the drive is agowong up there. That's where I had to start going to find mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I had already checked there. It is not showing up there either.
    05-11-09 06:28 AM
    Check your device manager to see if it is causing an error. If not, try rebooting your machine and phone. Also try uninstalling the drivers for the phone on your computer. If that failes, reinstall desktop manager.
    05-11-09 06:29 AM
    Check your device manager to see if it is causing an error. If not, try rebooting your machine and phone. Also try uninstalling the drivers for the phone on your computer. If that failes, reinstall desktop manager.
    I did all of those things yesterday with no luck.
    05-11-09 06:48 AM
    I did all of those things yesterday with no luck.
    Ditto same here. have gone through the threads and tried everything that has been suggested. Actually bricked the phone when i was updating to .141. Anyone have any other suggestions?
    05-11-09 06:59 AM
    just installed .109, try downgrading it. it fixed my problem with the brick
    05-11-09 07:04 AM
    my only other guess would be if you have a password for your phone for when you unlock your device, you would need to enter it into your phone again when it prompts you when you plug it into your pc.

if you don't have a password... i'm at a loss for words...
    05-11-09 08:20 AM
    my only other guess would be if you have a password for your phone for when you unlock your device, you would need to enter it into your phone again when it prompts you when you plug it into your pc.

if you don't have a password... i'm at a loss for words...
    I do not use a password. It has me stumped!
    05-11-09 08:34 AM
    In your windows Disk manager, check if windows has assigned a drive letter to the device. Even if it has, change the drive letters to something else.

There was a bug in Windows regarding USB devices and Disk Drive Assignment
    05-11-09 08:41 AM
    In your windows Disk manager, check if windows has assigned a drive letter to the device. Even if it has, change the drive letters to something else.

There was a bug in Windows regarding USB devices and Disk Drive Assignment
    There is nothing showing for this.
    05-11-09 08:53 AM
    Nothing showing as in No device listed or no drive assignment.
    If the device is listed, but without a Drive letter then try assigning one.

If the device is not listed, then your USB cable or USB port could be be issue.

Does it work via Media Manager that comes with DM?..
    05-11-09 08:58 AM
    Nothing showing as in No device listed or no drive assignment.
    If the device is listed, but without a Drive letter then try assigning one.

If the device is not listed, then your USB cable or USB port could be be issue.

Does it work via Media Manager that comes with DM?..
    It works fine with the Media Manager and if I plug another Blackberry in it works correctly.
    05-11-09 08:59 AM
    Ok, On my phone the Mass Storage Mode is set to prompt, So when i connect the phone, it prompts for which mode.

Which version of Windows are you using?. Which other BlackBerry are you trying?
    Did you update the OS just prior to this happening?

Attached, is a screenshot of my Disk Manager.

Theres alot of possibilities in why this is happening..and i'm rather interested in finding it out.
    05-11-09 09:08 AM
    Ok, On my phone the Mass Storage Mode is set to prompt, So when i connect the phone, it prompts for which mode.

Which version of Windows are you using?. Which other BlackBerry are you trying?
    Did you update the OS just prior to this happening?

Attached, is a screenshot of my Disk Manager.

Theres alot of possibilities in why this is happening..and i'm rather interested in finding it out.
    I am running Vista. How did you get to this screen?
    05-11-09 09:15 AM
    Ok, i'm running XP...
    right click My Computer, click Manage, then look for Disk Management
    else, search the Vista help for Disk Management/er
    05-11-09 09:21 AM
    Ok, i'm running XP...
    right click My Computer, click Manage, then look for Disk Management
    else, search the Vista help for Disk Management/er
    Mine does not show anything. Here is a copy of mine.
    05-11-09 09:27 AM
    Ok, check under Device manager, if the BB is listed as active.
    If not, then use the Device Manager to re-scan the computer for new devices.

U may want to also try uninstalling all BB software, reboot and reload.
    05-11-09 09:32 AM
    Ok, check under Device manager, if the BB is listed as active.
    If not, then use the Device Manager to re-scan the computer for new devices.

U may want to also try uninstalling all BB software, reboot and reload.
    I have done all of this and it is still the same!
    05-11-09 11:34 AM
    i know that this is an oldish post, but I had this issue untill I found the issue. I unlocked my bold and it would not show in my computer.

seems if you unlock a bb then the mass storage don't work.

this is the program that fixes the issue.

forums.pinstack.com/f8/mass_storage_issues_heres_the_fix-96938

add http : \\ to get the link to work.
    05-11-09 02:07 PM
    Ditto same here. have gone through the threads and tried everything that has been suggested. Actually bricked the phone when i was updating to .141. Anyone have any other suggestions?
    Same here.
    05-11-09 02:28 PM
    i know that this is an oldish post, but I had this issue untill I found the issue. I unlocked my bold and it would not show in my computer.

seems if you unlock a bb then the mass storage don't work.

this is the program that fixes the issue.

forums.pinstack.com/f8/mass_storage_issues_heres_the_fix-96938

add http : \\ to get the link to work.
    This corrected my problem. Think you very much. My Storm was not unlocked but it corrected the problem!
    05-11-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD