i use a Motorola T505 - it's a bluetooth transmitter, with FM ability built in. So you can talk on it, send a call and such, it has a built in mic and speaker. Or you can hit a button on the back and have it broadcast your phone over the radio frequency you choose.

Your speaking only gets transmitted from the T505 to the phone via blue tooth, so it is safe. What is said, or played over the media player, though will get played over your cars speakers. I love that mode. Much easier to hear. Cost about $60-100 online, search around can find it cheap. I get around 18-20 hours usage before needing to recharge it.

04-10-09 01:39 PM
    My Sony Mex 3600bt is being fitted tomorrow. So I will be able to do hands free calling through my car speakers as the stereo also has a built in microphone. And ill also be able to stream music to the stereo via Bluetooth. I can't wait. I need to get me one of those cradles!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 01:40 PM
    i use a Motorola T505 - it's a bluetooth transmitter, with FM ability built in. So you can talk on it, send a call and such, it has a built in mic and speaker. Or you can hit a button on the back and have it broadcast your phone over the radio frequency you choose.

Your speaking only gets transmitted from the T505 to the phone via blue tooth, so it is safe. What is said, or played over the media player, though will get played over your cars speakers. I love that mode. Much easier to hear. Cost about $60-100 online, search around can find it cheap. I get around 18-20 hours usage before needing to recharge it.

How is the quality?
    Last edited by BlackCobra95; 04-10-09 at 02:10 PM.
    04-10-09 01:56 PM
    I have a holder that suctioncups to my window. I then run a wire up over the mirror and back down to the cassette adapter in my GMC Safari. I also run a power cord to the cigarette lighter. Its inexpensive and does the job.

Last edited by Raditude; 04-10-09 at 02:20 PM.
    04-10-09 02:17 PM
    My head unit has a USB port, and I have a dock connected to it. It works great. I have the dock mounted on the dash, and it works great for music and GPS. My only problem is that the music that I have downloaded through the v-cast/rhapsody won't play through it since you ahve to enable mass storage mode for the head unit to read the files on the card... but all in all, I love the set up...

I have thought about adding a BT module to my head unit, and then just use the dock at a charging station, and then using the BT connection through the radio for music and calls.
    Can I ask you how you secured your storm dock to your car? And does it charge from that dock and if so how did you wire that I typically like to tap into fuses but the storm is 5V not 12V so I would need a different power cord right?
    04-10-09 02:42 PM
    My setup is not fancy, but it works. I have an Alpine Head Unit. It has a CD Changer Adapter that plugs into the back of the stereo and has a headphone jack that plugs into the device. Works, but the way the installer put it in, made the chord really short. I wish it had some more play in it (they did it for free). I would do it myself but haven't had the time to mess with it.
    04-10-09 02:51 PM
    ok, so I dont know how to connect my blackberry storm to my stereo to play mp3s...

I have a factory cd player in my truck, and there is no kind of aux plug. Is there any inexpensive way of playing my storms music through the radio? Maybe a cheap FM transmitter?
    04-10-09 10:38 PM
    I got the Motorola T505 bluetooth unit. It can be ported to play over your radio to car speaker and amplify your calls through the speakers as well. Works great. Only problem is that when the radio station it tells you to sync with starts to fade your sound becomes distorted until you change the station. I'd get another one when my wife finds what this one does and wants it for herself. LOL
    04-11-09 10:04 AM
    alooooooha brah....howzit ova der? I agree with you, I like the guy set up.
    04-11-09 09:40 PM
    I have a deck with a usb plug in and its money

04-11-09 10:57 PM
    I like the dock on the dash. Doesn't this unit plug into AC? How are you powering it?

Thanks!
    04-19-09 02:37 PM
    Mine is powered from the usb port on the back of the head unit.

04-19-09 02:39 PM
    I use the AUX input on my car stereo for music but I also discovered that if the phone is plugged into the AUX input and you take a call, if you switch the phone to speaker while it is plugged in it will play the phone call through the car stereo
    04-19-09 02:49 PM
    Can I ask you how you secured your storm dock to your car? And does it charge from that dock and if so how did you wire that I typically like to tap into fuses but the storm is 5V not 12V so I would need a different power cord right?
    if you know how to mess around with the wiring, you can splice a car charger into the aux (cigarette lighter style) wiring to pull its power from there. course you sacrifice the car charger to the cause by hard wiring it into the dash that way, but who cares since it'll be charging that way anyway and micro-usb is to be the universal standard soon (unless they change thier minds...)
    04-19-09 02:55 PM
    On a random note, anyone know how to increase the sound? I need to put my car's volume to MAX just in order for it to be loud. I know it happens to everyone but I want to BUMP my music..any suggestions?
    04-19-09 07:47 PM
    On a random note, anyone know how to increase the sound? I need to put my car's volume to MAX just in order for it to be loud. I know it happens to everyone but I want to BUMP my music..any suggestions?
    Sure, get an amp
    04-19-09 07:49 PM
    I have a deck with a usb plug in and its money

I have the same but it didnt work the brief time i tried it. maybe i'll play around the storage setting... this would be money
    04-19-09 09:08 PM
    haha an AMP would be awesome however pimping aint easy, im looking for something more cost-effective? Software wise..
    04-19-09 09:10 PM
    im hooking mine up to the shaker 500 watt stereo in my mustang with a male-male 3.5mm headphone cable and it also isnt performing well in the volume aspect.. anyone have any suggestions other than buying an amp?
    04-19-09 09:26 PM
    just a couple of things.... make sure you try the volume control on the storm when you have it hooked up. Most of the time it will be set at half volume.... also, you can play with the EQ in the media player... that will help some.
    04-19-09 09:28 PM
    Thanks Mightyjohn, i've turned the volume up all the way on the storm and it hasn't made that much of a difference.. i'll try playing with the EQ and see how that works.
    04-19-09 09:30 PM
    I've got my Storm connected to my car via aux input. I've noticed that the music has a hollow sound, really noticeable when the song has a panning effect or separate instrument channels. When listening to Pandora through the headset it's very clear. I'm thinking it has to do with the connection at the phone. I may sacrifice one of my headsets and splice it into a rca cable so I can use the proper 3.5mm connection to see how that works.
    04-20-09 05:07 PM
    my pearl worked great thru my honda's usb....storm is not reconized???
    what am I doing wrong?
    05-30-09 09:35 AM
    My Pioneer head unit has BT for hands free phone and A2DP for mobile devices. I will have to give this a shot.
    05-30-09 03:26 PM
    I use the cassette tape. Some people claim the sound quality isn't good, but mine works just fine.
    05-30-09 05:05 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD