I'm trying to install .86 on my device and I've hit a wall. I've already wiped with CrackUtil. I then used CrackMem to modify the OS. I've gone through all the Loader.exe stuff and now am stuck on the final screen where it lists the steps that are being taken. Its stuck on the first 'Connect to the device ROM'. Its been there for like 15-20 minutes. The progress bar went up at a decent clip when it first started and now nothing. This has never happened to me before and I've been loading OS's since the first of the leaks. What give's?

Here's a pic of where I'm stuck-

01-12-09 05:12 PM
    First Blackberry, first time upgrading, First time posting
    I had the exact same problem. I ran across your post while trying to fix mine.

There is a article on fixing nuked blackberries on the front page.
    The critical step was pull the battery and dont put it back in until your computer recognizes the blackberry.
    crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

Also after it reloads (with a large sigh of relief) it takes several minutes until that ugly plain white screen goes away. Try and be patient
    01-12-09 06:13 PM
    Nevermind. Got it working. I think it was a Win7 thing. Found a workaround.
    01-12-09 07:32 PM
    I would be interested in the work around. Whtdid you do?

Nevermind. Got it working. I think it was a Win7 thing. Found a workaround.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 07:54 PM
    I would be interested in the work around. Whtdid you do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Rebooting to your other partition with XP or Vista works well. So does nuking win 7
    01-12-09 09:09 PM
    Rebooting to your other partition with XP or Vista works well. So does nuking win 7
    LOL. I'm sure it does.

Try running loader in compatibility mode to XPsp2. Also with Admin.
    01-12-09 09:12 PM
    cocrucified, i just tried that, the XPSP2 Compatability Mode, with it Running as Administrator, but it still doesnt work.... what was your work around?

Cheers,

SiriX
    01-27-09 06:55 AM
    Nope, don't think in your case it was.

And this is something the devs might want to look into, crucial and sith, if you will....

I had problems with loading .90 os. I thought it was totally to blame on the os. But as youmight have read I've been trying quite a bit. And somehow, somewhere, the device and/or its software, be it drivers, the os, the loader or the DM, seems to disable the USB port completely. No power is on that particular bus after that, up until a new boot of the system.

I've experienced this on XP and Vista. Don't use 7 yet. Both systems are completely different in hardware and software. I work with computers on a day to day basis, way too much actually in a support manner and have not experienced this before or after. I must admit though, it also is not a structural problem on this end. I'll try to run processmonitor from sysinternals to see a bit more what is happening.

Can it be that some part of the java platform is responsible for this when interacting with the USB bus? and that that feature is being called upon by the DM or OS or device, but that somewhere along the way it ends up going wrong and doesn't restore power to that particular port and/or bus?

You wouldn't know it happened most likely for most users until you tried "something else" which included a reboot...

Please keep an eye out for this. I only noticed because my mouse (logitech lx3 optical wired) didn't have its light burning anymore.
    01-27-09 09:22 AM
    im having the same problem and tryed all of the fixes im on win7 cuz its my only windows all other r osx any help will help also its a curve 8330 sprint thanx dj
    02-06-09 11:34 PM
    im having the same problem and tryed all of the fixes im on win7 cuz its my only windows all other r osx any help will help also its a curve 8330 sprint thanx dj
    Try changing the USB port you're plugged into. Seems theirs some kind of USB software glitch in Win7.
    02-07-09 01:56 AM
    ill try that thanx
    02-07-09 09:41 AM
    I got the same stall -- I simply unplugged the BB USB input to the USB hub, and plugged it into a computer-based USB port. Instant recognition by the installer software, and the installation move forward with no further issue.

It looks like, for whatever reason, this stall is associated with a "lost usb" connection -- OS, installer... unknown.

But my "fix" worked for me perfectly.

06-15-10 05:55 AM
    my solution to this issue is to pull out battery, this seems to help to connect to ROM, then during the JVM load stage, put it back
    06-18-10 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD