I'm updating my storm from .75 to .113, and (i'm using windows 7) and it has been on "connect to device rom" for a while now

what should i do? i'm suspecting something went wrong, i followed the steps exactly in the sticky, is it cuz i'm using windows 7? what should i do to get it working. ****.
    05-13-09 12:25 AM
    Well, if the device hasn't done anything, and it is still trying to connect to the ROM, something is wrong. Something is locked up, whether it be the device or the program. As long as it hasn't deleted the existing apps and OS off of the device, yank the cable out and terminate the desktop manager process in the Task Manager. If it has already deleted everything, give it about 30 more minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 12:42 AM
    Yeah, I took the cable out and it was fine. I'm gonna try upgrading on a windows xp computer.

During this whole process, is it normal for the blackberry to appear "off"? When it was trying to connect to device ROM, the blackberry was unresponsive..this normal?
    05-13-09 12:33 PM
    Did you look at the Sticky on the OS Forum pertaining to Windows 7 and Vista?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/wi...dinian-195757/
    05-13-09 12:43 PM
    Is your storm password protected?

When I was upgrading, I noticed that it was taking a long time. By hitting one of the buttons, the screen lit up and i realized that it was asking for my password. Once I entered that in, everything continued as it was supposed to. the point is, it has stopped and was waiting for me to enter my password in.

During the process, the blackberry will appear to be off. It will disconnect from the computer as well and then connect back again. This may even happen more than once. No need to worry. Keep it connected. follow the tutorial step by step and you shouldn't have any problems.

good luck!
    05-13-09 02:49 PM
    Did you look at the Sticky on the OS Forum pertaining to Windows 7 and Vista?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/wi...dinian-195757/
    Yup. U gotta read that link. I had the same issue and u have to go into device manager on year pc and disable the power off setting in each usb hub. Otherwise like what happened to me, the device all turn off and the process can not proceed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD