On my old LG phone, I could lock it so when it was powered on, it would ask for a password, and wouldn't do anything unless that password was entered...

I haven't been able to find anything like that so far on/for my Storm, and the inbuilt password function doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for, and it actually scares me a bit since the help for it talks about wiping the phones information if the wrong password is entered too many times...

Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on a power-on lock?
    06-24-09 07:49 PM
    I use the inherent password/lock and find it works just fine. With the exception of making an emergency call (911), no action is possible until the correct password is entered. There are a few options available to you, like allowing outgoing calls while locked. Yes, after a set number of tries the phone will be wiped of personal information, and 3rd party apps I think. You can set the number of attempts however (3-10), but as I use my Storm mostly for business I find this comforting. Then again, I regularly backup and sync. If you have kids that just must touch everything, then I could see where this would be a problem.

There are several 3rd party apps available. Have a look in the Storm 3rd Party Apps sub-forum, or App World. I can't offer an opinion on any of them though.
    Last edited by Craterz; 06-24-09 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Remove quote, not needed ;) .
    06-24-09 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD