Hi! I am confused as to if I want a Storm2. I got a Storm and three weeks later traded it for a 8330 Curve. I like the Curve as I mostly use my phone for "talking" and emails. But would like to have Wi-Fi and some of the newer Apps and features. I played with one at Verizon today for about an hour. The issues I had with the Storm seem fixed. But I read so much "GOOD" then just as much "BAD". My wife and son want me to get a Droid but I know Blackberry as I have had three. But I do not want to buy "JUNK" like I think the Storm was. I want a Storm2--- is this a good phone? Please help me I am CONFUSED!
    10-26-10 08:00 PM
    The storm 2 is a good phone but it will not get to new OS 6 when Verizon rolls it out. It will be pretty obsolete once that happens since most programs and apps will be geared towards that OS and not OS 5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 08:48 PM
    We have to remind ourselves it's a phone first. It's easy to get caught up in the smart phone side. But that's between you and your goals with a device

10-26-10 11:21 PM
    The storm 2 is a good phone but it will not get to new OS 6 when Verizon rolls it out. It will be pretty obsolete once that happens since most programs and apps will be geared towards that OS and not OS 5.

I'll believe this when devs quit supporting OS4.x completely. To the OP: the S2 is truly a device you will either love or hate. There's probably a middle ground but they don't speak up often. I got one based on screen size and that I was used to BlackBerry OS; I've been mostly pleased with mine. But you've read all that, so my suggestion is to get one and roll with it for 30 days or less. If you like it, keep it; if not try something you might like better.
    10-26-10 11:34 PM
    I don't know how the 9550s differ from the 9520s, but judging from the posts I've read it seems that 9550 users do go through a bit more trouble. Either that or the 9520 users are too small a minority.

I never had robotic voice or media player troubles on my 9520 for the past 3 OS builds. In fact I don't recall having any issues with regards to functionality. Everything works the moment I got my S2 (though I got it late in the game, about 2-3 months back).

It was only recently I tried the official .973 that I found out how the OS build can "make or break" the experience. It gave me a slower browser, poorer battery life, SMS typing lag at the expense of faster phone operation in general (I'm on 2G mostly unless I need to download files or surf non mobile sites, and SMS/e-mails seemed to send a lot faster). I rolled back in the end.
    10-27-10 04:53 AM
    IMO - its too late in its cycle. Yes its a good phone, but the fact is.. barely a year later it gets very little support compared to other BB models. Knowing what I know now.. i would NOT get an S2 right now... I would wait a month or 2 then decide - with all the rumors of an S3 coming.

if you have to right now... get a tour/bold/torch... something that has OS6 or will be getting it.
    10-27-10 07:02 AM
    IMO - its too late in its cycle. Yes its a good phone, but the fact is.. barely a year later it gets very little support compared to other BB models. Knowing what I know now.. i would NOT get an S2 right now... I would wait a month or 2 then decide - with all the rumors of an S3 coming.

if you have to right now... get a tour/bold/torch... something that has OS6 or will be getting it.
    +1, skip Storm2. There are better alternatives: get a Bold or wait to see what Storm3 offers.
    10-27-10 07:12 AM
    agreed, you are buying a phone that is already EOL. Just sit tight until the next storm is released and i DONT mean the refresh POS. or get an android device maybe
    10-27-10 07:19 AM
    agreed, you are buying a phone that is already EOL. Just sit tight until the next storm is released and i DONT mean the refresh POS. or get an android device maybe
    Matt, are you trying to stir up and dave and corythenut? LOL
    10-27-10 07:28 AM
    dave has been MIA lately, i miss rambling on about nothing
    10-27-10 07:46 AM
    dave has been MIA lately, i miss rambling on about nothing
    I noticed the boards have been nonsense free. I don't miss the babbling!!!
    10-27-10 07:47 AM
    If you're this late to the game on getting a storm2, DON'T GET IT!

As said previously, just hold out until the next version comes out and get that.
    10-27-10 09:11 AM
    I got the Storm2 after being with the Storm1 for almost two years and I love it. But I agree with the above posts, if you're looking for a touch screen BB, wait until there's another one released. While the Storm2 is a good phone, it is nearing it's capabilities when it comes to hardware. If you are a BB buff, stay with what you have now until either Verizon gets the Torch (which I don't see happening anytime soon) or RIM releases some other touch screen device.
    10-28-10 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD