Well my battery in the storm is dying horribly!! i cant make it half a day. I am eligable to upgrade and was playing with my friends 8530 and i really liked it. I might go with the switch. I like the storm but am tired of the touchscreen to be honest. I was a big defender of the 9530 but after 2 years almost, all the lagging and reboots and switching out for click problems, dust in the screen and all, i am done i think. If the S3 comes out i may go with it and just pay retail, but for now i may jump over. I may regret it, but oh well. Live and learn.
    04-22-10 10:57 PM
    the 8530 is not a bad phone i have it and love it.. but if i were you and up for an upgrade i would wait for the bold2 essex to be released... comming soon!!(maybe)
    04-22-10 11:00 PM
    thought of that too but will it have the trackpad? i hate the trackballs and is one reason why i went to the storm. Now the slider would be nice but it is prolly heading to ATT.
    04-22-10 11:04 PM
    yes it will have the trackpad the trackballs have been fazed out by RIM all new devices will have the trackpad
    04-22-10 11:05 PM
    guess u r right. I will just drop 30 and get a new battery for now. Will have to check out the tour2, oops, BOLD and see how it is first.
    04-22-10 11:06 PM
    i did a complete wipe of my 9530 and installed the latest complete operating system fresh, only restored my essential information (contacts, calendar, etc)...

.. and my battery life lasts 1.5 times as long now.

runs a bit better too. worth a shot.
    04-23-10 12:06 AM
    I feel the same way. The S3 should move away from this clicking and just use either a slide our keypad or a smooth piece of glas with not gaps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD