I just received a call (yes, at 9:30 on a Friday night) from my VZW top-level manager contact and she informed me that a large number of the orders were essentially "lost" during computer difficulties they encountered earlier today. I ordered my BB at 5:17 AM EST on 11/21/08 and it didn't reach the processing stage. Basically, many orders were filed but not processed because server updates were applied throughout today. I've been told that a lot of these orders got screwed up and that you'll be notified that your Storm won't be shipped until 12/5/08. I guess we'll see what happens.
    11-21-08 08:44 PM
    I will be majorly annoyed if I don't get my Storm as promised tomorrow.
    11-21-08 09:02 PM
    I will be majorly annoyed if I don't get my Storm as promised tomorrow.
    If u don't have a tracking number by now, u won't get it tomorrow!
    11-21-08 09:08 PM
    I ordered mine at 7:30am this morning 11/21, received my confirmation number and tracking number. Fedex says it will be delivered tomorrow.
    11-21-08 09:11 PM
    There really is some screwy stuff going on here. Verizon completely and utterly botched this launch. I ordered online at 6:30 am EST. Got the confirmation e-mail right away, but never received a tracking number. I called CS and they have no record of the order.
    11-21-08 09:13 PM
    Perhaps. I'm calling now. I'm not happy if it's not here tomorrow. I'll accept Monday delivery but if it's "wait until Dec. 5," they can cancel the order.
    11-21-08 09:17 PM
    I ordered mine last night though telesales, Just called for my tracking number, it left the warehouse 9:54am and will be here tomorrow.
    11-21-08 09:18 PM
    Not necessarily, I just got my tracking not too long ago.
    11-21-08 09:18 PM
    Wow that is crazy. You got a call from a store manager on a friday night to let you know your phone might not arrive. That's a dedicated manager. I hope you get your phone
    11-21-08 09:24 PM
    I'm now being told that if the order was placed before 1pm Central I should get it tomorrow. If not, Tuesday.

Mine was placed 12:55pm Central. If it's not here tomorrow, I'll cancel. I was spending my own money to get this early when my company said they'd buy me one in January. Why am I spending my own money just to be annoyed and aggravated?
    11-21-08 09:24 PM
    I placed my order at 9am central, with saturday delivery, so I thought i was good! Called in earlier, and the show the order placed a 9, but it didn't process untill 3:30pm.... It took them 6 hours to process it! They are telling me the begining of next week......
    11-21-08 09:31 PM
    Because mine was placed from telesales, and telesales is closed, the CSR says she can't look up status. Which sounds very strange. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing?

Verizon has really screwed up this roll out.
    11-21-08 09:38 PM
    wow! that's crazy.
    11-21-08 09:41 PM
    Try calling FedEx and giving them your address to see if a package is on its way. it worked for me.
    11-21-08 09:41 PM
    And i thought my horror show getting the iphone was bad you guys def have it worse!!
    11-21-08 09:42 PM
    And i thought my horror show getting the iphone was bad you guys def have it worse!!
    Haha, good point...
    11-21-08 09:48 PM
    Smart idea. I called FedEx. They have nothing coming my way.

I'm very annoyed. And I'll explain why. I like honesty. I like truth. If there's a problem getting me delivery on Saturday, tell me that. If there isn't, then tell me that. But don't tell me "you'll have it Saturday for certain" when that's not going to happen.

I'm traveling next week and won't be here to get a package, so, bye bye Storm. It was nice almost having you.
    11-21-08 09:50 PM
    just got off the phone with csr, i told him i had put in my order at 0530pst online...it's now 735pm and i only received a confirmation email. he told me i should be fine because i put in my order early. if i don't receive my phone by tuesday then i need to call them back. ugh...this is aggravating.
    11-21-08 09:54 PM
    Okay, as I understand it, FedEx deals with Verizon differently, and even if they don't have a tracking number to give me yet, it might be on its way. We'll see.

I'm still annoyed, but if they did as they said I'll be okay with it. I just really dislike "no problem! Don't worry!" and then it not being true. Just be UP FRONT with me and I'll take it on the chin. But guild the lily and I get pissed.
    11-21-08 10:12 PM
    you know, i have been without a cellphone for one year (it's been the stone age up in hurr) after verizon cancelled my service a few weeks before my contract ended (and i had to pay the termination fee). at that point i vowed never to go back to verizon.

then the storm came.

so i go to the store this morning at 8 AM and play with the storm while waiting for my name to be called. this employee there is really cool, telling me all about the storm and letting me know already that they are out, but i can order it now and will get it tomorrow.

then my name gets called and this supposed "senior retail sales rep" assists me by processing the credit, doing the plan info, and then accessories. he spends more time trying to talk me into buying a jawbone ii than actually answering my questions. apparently i can get a free car charger if i buy it, even after i already said i don't want a car charger. anyhow, i confirm with him it will arrive tomorrow. he says yes. stupidly i take his word and don't look at my receipt till i get home where i see fedex 2day 7pm on it. "that isn't overnight . ." i say.

i call customer service. too soon for them to see it. i go to work. i then call customer service two times at work. still too soon to see it. i then call when i get home from work and the lady gives me a tracking number but says it won't be shipping until the 25th. today is the 21st. overnight would be the 22nd. two days would be the 24th. when did the 25th come into the equation?

overall, i am excited about the phone but am dreading dealing with verizon again.

and for getting through this <i>extremely</i> long rant, i will send you a check for some monetary denomination. you deserve it.
    11-21-08 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD