06-04-09 12:12 PM
119 ... 2345
tools
    I'll be watching this thread...would love to have a Storm on ATT
    Just wait until the 3G one comes out next year.

Rogers is testing a 3G GSM Storm now.
    11-22-08 11:04 AM
    I was able to get it unlocked, here is the proof on my thread :

TMO on Storm
    11-22-08 11:40 AM
    Called Verizon Global and they will NOT provide unlock codes for 9530. Bummer
    11-22-08 02:02 PM
    If its a global phone shouldn't it be unlocked already?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 03:38 PM
    If its a global phone shouldn't it be unlocked already?

Not for Networks other than Verizon
    11-22-08 04:39 PM
    Just a reminder to everyone. The 3G GSM network in the US is 850/1900 Europe it is 2100. So for those who think that you can order a Storm 9500 and get it to work on US 3G speed. Guess again. That unit is a lower unit that the 9530 and only supports the 2100 Band.
    11-23-08 08:07 AM
    I have a question for the OP. How did you get data and mms working? I though att had to have the proper service books? Did u load them manually?

11-23-08 10:00 AM
    I'm curious too
    11-24-08 09:32 AM
    I wouldn't mind edge-

But I already Switched from AT&T to VZW already, to late for me :-(
    I dont know if this is accurate, because I'm not on Verizon but just from what I've seen, it still seems cheaper to buy the storm with a two year contract and cancel than it is to purchase the storm without a contract.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I intend on doing this....

according to verizonwireless.com buying the storm without a contract is $499, with a 2 year contract is $199 after a mail-in rebate.

If I purchase it with a a two year contract at $199 and pay cancellation which is $175 than the total i pay for the storm is $374.
    11-24-08 01:56 PM
    But if you buy it with the contract and then cancel it how would you go about getting the phone unlocked? I have seen websites that say they unlock phones...would you try that or would you call Verizon and ask them for the unlock code? I was thinking of doing the same thing. I have actually seen some Blackberry Storms 9530 Unlocked on a couple of websites for 300-350. Just not sure how easy it would be to get a refund if it doesn't work.
    Last edited by KiKiWoods; 11-24-08 at 08:36 PM.
    11-24-08 08:32 PM
    Oh how do I love getting a good rep? Let me count the ways....One...Two unlocked verizon storms! and yes I activated a verizon plan...canceling now.
    11-24-08 08:35 PM
    How did you get them to unlock them? Did you buy them out the store?
    11-24-08 08:50 PM
    I have been on the phone for 2 days with reps, all of their stories ranged from "we can't unlock the storm" to "blackberry hasn't released the codes yet" but today was my lucky day! I got a rep who walked me through unlocking them and provided the codes no problem at all. I bought them on a 2 year contract. (which is now being canceled to avoid etf)
    11-24-08 09:43 PM
    Well what are the unlock codes?
    11-24-08 09:56 PM
    dont you have to return the phone if you cancel your contract
    11-24-08 10:00 PM
    they just charge for the remainder of the device
    11-24-08 10:25 PM
    Will enterprise activation work on unlocked phone on ATT network? What if you switch back to Verizon.
    11-25-08 05:47 AM
    They charged you for the remainder of the phone? So how much did you end up paying for the phone? And how much did it cost you to cancel your service?
    11-25-08 09:00 AM
    I have unlocked my Storm that was locked on Verizon and now it works on AT&T. The sim that I am using is out of my Iphone with AT&T. Does anyone know it Dat will work with this sim or are there any settings that I can change to make DATA work? Thanks
    11-28-08 04:29 PM
    I purchased my Storm and paid full retail at Best Buys ($599). Then I just called VZW Global Support and they provided my with the unlock code, no questions asked. I poped in my local SIM and got full use of EDGE, voice, data, BES, the works. Everything works...

There is a nagging message saying "Activation Required" across the top but I'm not minding it now.
    11-28-08 04:38 PM
    So they did provide the unlock code even though you do not have service with Verizon?

11-28-08 05:37 PM
    I purchased my Storm and paid full retail at Best Buys ($599). Then I just called VZW Global Support and they provided my with the unlock code, no questions asked. I poped in my local SIM and got full use of EDGE, voice, data, BES, the works. Everything works...

There is a nagging message saying "Activation Required" across the top but I'm not minding it now.
    I did the same but, I can not access to the internet by the browser.. I have the EDGE on att but I can not use the internet. Also, there the message on my screen saying (Activation required).. I can just use voice..

When I try the browser there is a message saying: Your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries. Please contact your service provider.

What should I do?
    11-28-08 06:37 PM
    they just charge for the remainder of the device

You will be charged for the rest of the phone (assuming you don't return it) and also the ETF fee will apply because you are keeping the device. I spoke with a rep and she said that the only time ETF fees are not applied is when the device is returned (within 30 days). But since most of us are canceling and keeping the blackberry, they will charge the rest amount for the storm (250+) and ETF (175??) and also an activation fee of (35).

Its horrible but thats what I was told and im still waiting in the mail for this MASSIVE bill to come in
    11-28-08 07:31 PM
    Anyone received their bill yet?
    11-28-08 07:35 PM
    Sorry guys!!! I got blackmailed into putting the phone away by the gf...well, and God I guess...

Here is the pic!
    I unlocked the storm for att too. But, how do i get the service book entries in order to use the internet browser and emails...

THanks
    11-28-08 08:04 PM
119 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD