Okay, Im using outlook at work. I used google sync to sync my calandar. Then used google sync on my blackberry to pull down the calandar. Now when an assistant accepts a meeting request it shows in google, but not on my blackberry. I have to accept the meeting myself and THEN it will push to my blackberry?! I also have triplicate of my contacts..... ARGH! HELP ME!
    02-03-09 12:27 PM
    Okay, Im using outlook at work. I used google sync to sync my calandar. Then used google sync on my blackberry to pull down the calandar. Now when an assistant accepts a meeting request it shows in google, but not on my blackberry. I have to accept the meeting myself and THEN it will push to my blackberry?! I also have triplicate of my contacts..... ARGH! HELP ME!
    Oh man, that was just the biggest headache to me. I eventually said screw it and stopped using the Gsync. I just couldn't handle Gsync duplicating all my calendar events and contacts. As it is now, I just set up my Outlook to get all my gMail, and then sync and backup the Storm directly to Outlook.

If you figure out a way to solve it, or anyone does, PLEASE let me know.
    02-03-09 12:37 PM
    Okay SO I told the desktop manager NOT to sync the calendar. I then went to backup and restore>advanced and cleared both calendars. Disconnected the blackberry. Went to the blackberry and told google sync NOT to sync contacts. However, the calendar would NOT pull down my google calendar! SO I had to sign out of google sync and resign in on the blackberry. Now my calendar is synced correctly.

I went to desktop manager and back into backup and restore>advanced and cleared both contacts (since my blackberry auto syncs to outlook upon connection) I disconnected and reconnected my blackberry to my PC and the contacts are all correct now.

HOWEVER this does NOT solve my problem of my assistant accepting meetings for me AND if I am on the road it does not solve my entering things into OWA (outlook web access) and them not getting updated. I have to be connected to my work network on outlook (makes sense but just sucks!

ANY IDEAS?!?!?!?!?!?!
    02-03-09 12:55 PM
    I had a different calendar issue that might be the root cause for you though. BB allows you to keep multiple calendars based upon email address. Outlook and BB Desktop manager will only sync one. The one that is listed as the default service in Options/Advanced. If you end up with appointments associated with different email addresses, it can cause a world of hurt (believe me).

Hope this helps

David
    02-03-09 01:02 PM
    Try BBerrysync. It syncs directly between your Outlook and BB OTA to include task, contacts, calender and notes. Be advised do not run Google sync as it tends to duplicate items. I think this program works great and the only issue I've found is that it may drain your battery about 30% faster due to data downloading.
    02-03-09 03:19 PM
    Oh man, that was just the biggest headache to me. I eventually said screw it and stopped using the Gsync. I just couldn't handle Gsync duplicating all my calendar events and contacts. As it is now, I just set up my Outlook to get all my gMail, and then sync and backup the Storm directly to Outlook.

If you figure out a way to solve it, or anyone does, PLEASE let me know.
    Same here ... and it would make them lose the series just one big pain.
    02-03-09 03:35 PM
    I am going to try BBerrysync. I'm just not sure I want to pay a yearly fee...
    02-03-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD