05-14-10 03:51 PM
31 12
tools
    Well I'm using the mobile site this morning so I think I'm doing this right I guess we will soon see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackb
    erry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 06:05 AM
    Just to add one more question with this on/off, battery pull/soft reset...what is the difference between pulling the battery to do a reset/reboot or using a program like MeterBerry or Quick Pull? Is there any advantage to physically taking out the battery?
    05-14-10 07:43 AM
    Depends on who you ask. I'm not sure if I posted this in this thread or another, but the basic conclusion I've arrived at is, if I'm wanting a reboot simply because I installed a new app or something, than using a software reboot is just fine. If I'm experiencing some problem (something that's never happened on my S2 but did happen on my S1), then I'd do a complete battery pull.

Again, again, again, there really is no reason to do a battery pull on the S2. Memory leaks is simply not an issue (I guess I should qualify this by adding "for most people"). I only do pulls for one reason and one reason alone, and that's because, as a self employed person, I've taken to leaving my phone on, 24/7. So each night, just before going to bed, I replace my battery with a freshly charged one.

I've never seen any concrete evidence (TONS of opinions, but nothing concrete) to indicate that either the hard reset or soft reset method is any different, so the above suggestion is my own.

Just to add one more question with this on/off, battery pull/soft reset...what is the difference between pulling the battery to do a reset/reboot or using a program like MeterBerry or Quick Pull? Is there any advantage to physically taking out the battery?
    05-14-10 01:50 PM
    As far as I know the difference is miniscule; my personal preference is to use MeterBerry if I've just installed something or switched themes, and to physically pull the battery if I uninstall something or a new app isn't behaving. I know the S2 doesn't need resets and/or battery pulls as much as previous devices but old habits die hard - used to do a battery pull on my last device at least once a day, which was fine as a reboot took less than 2 minutes :P

05-14-10 01:54 PM
    And another thing on resets vs power off (hibernate) - if battery life on your S2 is a major concern is it is for a hefty portion of S2 owners, avoid pulling the battery or resetting - I've seen 5% to a whopping 19% (once)of battery life go in a single reset operation.

I' m not saying "don't", just don't just blithely do a pull/reset unless it's required.

Last edited by genomos; 05-14-10 at 02:14 PM.
    05-14-10 02:09 PM
    And another thing on resets vs power off (hibernate) - if battery life on your S2 is a major concern is it is for a hefty portion of S2 owners, avoid pulling the battery or resetting - I've seen 5% to a whopping 19% (once)of battery life go in a single reset operation.

I' m not saying "don't", just don't just blithely do a pull/reset unless it's required.

+1 I have run my battery down severely adding, deleting and rebooting.
    05-14-10 03:51 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD