Does anyone have access to two Storms so they can actually compare .90 with a previous version? I want to find out if there is an actual improvement or if its just perceived. Thanks!!
    Last edited by stevcha; 04-12-09 at 01:31 PM.
    01-22-09 11:29 AM
    Well, I can guarantee improvement coming from .75. The browser alone is bringing up web pages twice as fast on my phone now.
    01-22-09 12:03 PM
    Does anyone have access to two Storms so they can actually compare .90 with a previous version? My wife is at work so I can't compare our phones but I intend to when she gets back. I want to find out if there is an actual improvement or if its just perceived. Thanks!!
    Is there anything specific that you wish to compare using the phones?

My wife is still using .86, while I have .90 running and the only two things which we have compared is a side-by-side accelerometer and browser test. In both instances the BB running .90 was remarkably quicker. During the accelerometer comparison it was only a split second quicker when the phone was moved into landscape but it was a good second or two faster when it was moved back into portrait. There was little difference in the browser but we tried loading up both Crackberry.com and Cnet.com and the .90 loaded the entire page with images in around 10 seconds; .86 was slightly slower.

Just to conclude-- this was by no means a completely flawless scientific experiment since we both have different applications installed (I have Viigo and VLingo, she does not), she has much more media on her phone than I do and lots of other little differences when it comes to personalizing your phone.

Also keep in mind that some of the issues which arise tend to be more phone specific than OS related and thus, your's and your wife's comparison may differ from ours.

If there is anything more specific that you wish me to test for, then just let me know.
    01-22-09 12:06 PM
    Is there anything specific that you wish to compare using the phones?

My wife is still using .86, while I have .90 running and the only two things which we have compared is a side-by-side accelerometer and browser test. In both instances the BB running .90 was remarkably quicker. During the accelerometer comparison it was only a split second quicker when the phone was moved into landscape but it was a good second or two faster when it was moved back into portrait. There was little difference in the browser but we tried loading up both Crackberry.com and Cnet.com and the .90 loaded the entire page with images in around 10 seconds; .86 was slightly slower.

Just to conclude-- this was by no means a completely flawless scientific experiment since we both have different applications installed (I have Viigo and VLingo, she does not), she has much more media on her phone than I do and lots of other little differences when it comes to personalizing your phone.

Also keep in mind that some of the issues which arise tend to be more phone specific than OS related and thus, your's and your wife's comparison may differ from ours.

If there is anything more specific that you wish me to test for, then just let me know.

Thanks!! The accelerometer and browser were the two things I was looking for.
    01-22-09 12:58 PM
    Thanks!! The accelerometer and browser were the two things I was looking for.
    You are welcome.
    01-22-09 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD