I'm planning on going to Disney World in November. Just was thinking if I have an S2 with me, wouldn't that be about as good as taking along my netbook which has an 8.9 inch screen and no DVD/CD drive.

I can't think of MUCH I'd be missing now that I'd have WiFi with the Storm.

Your thoughts?
    10-25-09 02:33 PM
    Agreed , it would be just as good , and you will have a built in camera and video recorder ! , and internet everywhere ! Do it !
    10-25-09 02:36 PM
    I would say it would be just as good, if not better in certain aspects. Probably the only thing that the Netbook would have over it is the screen size, but what's that compared to having internet 24/7?

Oh, and have fun on your trip!
    10-25-09 02:39 PM
    Bring both man. I have an Asus 1000he which I take with me everywhere and when there are sights I cant get on such as ones that use flash or dont offer mobile site options it comes in handy. Its rare that I need to visit sites that bad, especially on vacation, but sometimes its better to have a full keyboard, bigger screen and multi-tab webpages. Plus while you're using it out and about you can charge your S2.
    10-25-09 02:39 PM
    I would say it would be just as good too. Slightly smaller screen but the size difference is a plus in my opinion. You can't lug a netbook around Disney World all day... well you could, but it would suck. It has the camera & video. Internet all the time(tweet from rides!! do it!!! just make sure you have a good grip). Overall, I can see the S2 being better than a netbook for this sort of thing.
    10-25-09 02:40 PM
    I didnt think it was about carrying it around in the theme park! If thats the case then no way Id bring my netbook in. In fact Id find a way to chain the S2 to my person for fear of losing it during a ride if i bring it on at all.
    10-25-09 02:52 PM
    Bring both man. I have an Asus 1000he which I take with me everywhere and when there are sights I cant get on such as ones that use flash or dont offer mobile site options it comes in handy. Its rare that I need to visit sites that bad, especially on vacation, but sometimes its better to have a full keyboard, bigger screen and multi-tab webpages. Plus while you're using it out and about you can charge your S2.
    Agree 100% it is not a netbook.. I also carry the Asus
    10-25-09 02:56 PM
    What would be the best case to buy to keep the S2 most secure? I'd bet there's a couple of good cases ... I'll get one that's most secure. I wouldn't be the only person there who'd LOVE to own my S2. I appreciate your experience, guys ... I'll want to have my "baby" in the the best and most secure "bet" I can have along ... not just a belt clip.
    10-25-09 02:59 PM
    What would be the best case to buy to keep the S2 most secure? I'd bet there's a couple of good cases ... I'll get one that's most secure. I wouldn't be the only person there who'd LOVE to own my S2. I appreciate your experience, guys ... I'll want to have my "baby" in the the best and most secure "bet" I can have along ... not just a belt clip.
    insert your baby for his baby
    10-25-09 03:12 PM
    Right ... but I'd still like some advice I can use ... any good ideas about the most secure case I can get?
    10-25-09 03:36 PM
    Right ... but I'd still like some advice I can use ... any good ideas about the most secure case I can get?
    geez, what a party pooper lol . Remember that the S1 and S2 are a little different in size so it might be a little while before we see the plethora of cases that we already use being made for the S2. If you try some make sure you post your experience with them as Im sure others like myself will want to know as well. Check the S1 forums for reviews on cases you might be interested in.
    10-25-09 03:46 PM
    Thanx, Afterfire ... Gonna definitely try my best to find a case anyone can feel totally secure with.
    10-25-09 03:48 PM
    You might want to give the folks at otterbox a call. They are very forthcoming about their upcoming lineup of cases and will probably be able to give you a timeframe on the expected release of the defender series case for the 9550.

When it comes to securing your BB, nobody does it better than Otterbox. Period.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 05:33 PM
    it would be better than a netbook. Actually, FTW would be S2 and Netbook. I Honeymooned in Disney in 2007 and they charge you $10/day for internet access. Needless to say, I could live without the outside world for 7 days.
    10-25-09 05:40 PM
    I'm planning on going to Disney World in November. Just was thinking if I have an S2 with me, wouldn't that be about as good as taking along my netbook which has an 8.9 inch screen and no DVD/CD drive.

I can't think of MUCH I'd be missing now that I'd have WiFi with the Storm.

Your thoughts?
    What floats my boat for vacations with my wife is taking our Mifi, both Touchs and one netbook. That pretty much covers everything we need, tech-wise.
    10-25-09 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD