Ok I am not new to crackberry world and installing OS's at all. However this I am new to and cannot figure it out at all.
    I successfully wiped using JL_Cmder and then loaded the OS using Loader.exe after using Petes CrackMem to get rid of some of the fat of the OS.
    However once it is installed I am trying to restore from my backup and it will not work at all. I keep getting an error every time. I also cannot even sync if I wanted to say screw it and just start from scratch again.

This is the error that I get when I try doing my restore or connecting to DM

"THERE WAS A COMMUNICATION ERROR BETWEEN THE DEVICE AND THE DESKTOP MANAGER"

Anyone have any ideas what is going on and how to fix this so I can actually restore, sync my BB?
    I do not know if it is the OS, DM, Win OS or what. I have tried multiple different OS (XP, Vista, Win 7 - usb power fix that was posted in the forum) just to connect and see if I could do a restore but all get the same error as well.

I am at a loss right now and could use any other advice or suggestions from the fellow CrackBerrys out there.

Thanks
    05-20-09 03:20 PM
    Ok I just got done deleting 148 on my phone and computer.
    Installed an older OS and installed it to see if I could restore from my backup and sync.

Nope problem is still there and now I am even more confused right now and have no idea.

Anyone have any ideas other than throwing Computer and/or BlackBerry off the balcony?

Thanks
    05-20-09 03:50 PM
    Well I cannot even sync my contacts or calendar even if I wanted to give up on trying to restore everything from my back up I made.
    I uninstalled all OS on my computer, uninstalled BB DM and reinstalled it and I dont have a clue at all.
    I have a virgin BlackBerry with nothing but 3rd party apps on it and cannot even get my contacts or calendar sync'd with it.

Totally at a loss right now.
    05-20-09 04:19 PM
    Hey you get it fixed! I had similar issues awhile back. Let me know if you solve it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 05:34 PM
    I'm sure you've already done this, but has the PC been re-booted? That sure can fix a lot of stuff. If nothing else, at least this will bump back to the top so more people can see your post.

Hope you get it resolved,

Grey
    05-20-09 06:55 PM
    Have you tried loading an "untouched" OS that you haven't stripped anything out of? Perhaps you removed something necessary on accident.
    05-20-09 07:14 PM
    I'm sure you've already done this, but has the PC been re-booted? That sure can fix a lot of stuff. If nothing else, at least this will bump back to the top so more people can see your post.

Hope you get it resolved,

Grey
    Actually I have rebooted multiple times during the process and have even installed DM fresh as well as installed older OS fresh and I get the same problem.
    As much as I would be pissed off of losing everything I would be fine if I could just sync my BB to DM to get my contacts and calendar. However I cannot even do that now.
    Still says Failed to Connect to device, please make sure it is properly connected and try again.
    However in the bottom left corner it says Device Connected (PIN): 0487321E

Also Windows pops up when it scans the media card and files.

Have you tried loading an "untouched" OS that you haven't stripped anything out of? Perhaps you removed something necessary on accident.
    I have tried older OS ones that were leaked and did not use CrackMem or anything just used them as is and it still did the same thing.
    I am going to try to do go back to 0.65 but I dont think that is going to do a dang thing at all.
    Since I can wipe the device perfectly using JL_Cmder, then install the OS perfectly fine with App Loader but when I go to DM that is when I get the error.

I really dont know what to do anymore and have taken out my frustrations on my BB and computer and desk

I have now deleted everything BB related on my XP, Vista and Win 7 partitions to try to install from scratch again to see if that will work.
    If I can find my old curve I am going to try sync it to DM and see if it works or if I get an error.

Still any other advice would be greatly appreciated and ideas since I am running out of them.
    05-20-09 09:35 PM
    I had the same problem.
    I deleted and reloaded the DM and it started working.
    05-20-09 09:47 PM
    I had the same problem.
    I deleted and reloaded the DM and it started working.
    Dang it I wish that was the case for me because the multiple times I have tried deleted/uninstalling DM and reinstalling it again it did the same thing.
    Argggg, I wish that would have been the case for me.
    Guess we will try again during lunch break and see what happens and I hope it will work this time.
    05-20-09 09:50 PM
    Brand new fresh install with DM 4.7.059 on my XP build and as soon as I hooked my Storm up to the computer I got the error Failed to connect to device, please....... BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Totally at loss since this is pretty fricken stupid and pathetic if you ask me.
    05-20-09 10:28 PM
    It is the flipping phone....it has to be the phone now.

I just hooked up my BlackBerry Curve 8320 (old version) that I had when I was with T-mobile and it connected just perfectly fine with DM that just rejected my Storm. Able to synchronize, backup and restore and everything.....now I am totally pissed and not sure what in the world is wrong with my phone.

Any ideas?
    05-20-09 10:32 PM
    Back to OS 75 I went.....I am pissed......wonder if I should wait to go to the VZW store to get a new Tour or maybe the Storm 2 if it comes out in June.....this is just pissing me off.

I have no idea what in the world would break with the phone.

When I was installing 75 and selected to do the automatic backup through App Loader it caused a fatal error. So it is something in there or what not.
    When I went back and tried again I selected not to make a backup and it went through perfectly fine and installed 75 with no issues.

Arrrrggggggg
    05-20-09 10:48 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem after installing .148. It's pissing me off so much. I can't restore and sync ANYTHING...
    05-21-09 07:41 AM
    The problem is related to QuickLaunch 2.0. Delete it, then do your restore and synching. It will work perfectly. I been trying to fix this since last night, finally pinpointed it to quicklaunch 2.0 beta.
    05-21-09 08:21 AM
    You are correct about QuickLaunch is the problem and deleting it and it worked.
    I guess Nikkisoft posted something about a communication error.
    05-21-09 02:26 PM
    It works with the newest 2.0 beta :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD