You might want to experiment with this tool.
    Just drag your files into to it and allow it to "clean" your comics. Creates a backup of your original.

"Unable to Display Image" ComicCleaner - ComicReader Mobi
    I dragged all my files on sd card then just deleted the back-up files.
    09-18-09 11:12 PM
    Oh yeah, I forgot to turn the smooth resizer back on. I'm glad you noticed, cause it would have kind of sucked if you didn't think there was a difference between that and nearest neighbor

Does that mean we have to re-download it? or just wait for the next version?
    09-18-09 11:17 PM
    Does that mean we have to re-download it? or just wait for the next version?
    I was wondering the same thing. I think I will delete it before going to bed, just in case.
    09-18-09 11:23 PM
    When I add new comics I have the feeling the best policy is to reboot. Some just do not want to load.
    09-18-09 11:27 PM
    When loading a new comic.

Would it be possible, without impacting performance if a progress bar could be seen?
    09-18-09 11:31 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. I think I will delete it before going to bed, just in case.
    Let us know what happens.

When I add new comics I have the feeling the best policy is to reboot. Some just do not want to load.
    hhmmm might have to give that a try... I have a few that wont load as well.

When loading a new comic.

Would it be possible, without impacting performance if a progress bar could be seen?
    That would be great... instead of just scratching my head wondering.."hhmmm will it load? and if so when?"
    09-18-09 11:42 PM
    Why can't I get this app to work? When I try to open a comic it says comic folder not set. I have "Comics" folder in both Media Card and Device Memory.
    09-19-09 12:44 AM
    Why can't I get this app to work? When I try to open a comic it says comic folder not set. I have "Comics" folder in both Media Card and Device Memory.
    Just a thought you are using Comics and not "Comics". Right

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 08:08 AM
    Ensure that the folder (Comics) is at the very top of your card.

F:\Comics
    NOT
    F:\XYZ\Comics
    09-19-09 08:16 AM
    Just a thought you are using Comics and not "Comics". Right

Have you tried the latest OTA posted yesterday?
    If you have, what did you think of it?
    09-19-09 08:18 AM
    Have you tried the latest OTA posted yesterday?
    If you have, what did you think of it?
    Much improved on loading speeds. Only two issues I've seen loadtime= and resizetime= and image less crisp have been explained.
    I have waited along time for an app like this and it is well on its way.
    Last edited by jimstratus; 09-19-09 at 08:37 AM.
    09-19-09 08:34 AM
    Much improved on loading speeds. Only two issues I've seen loadtime= and resizetime= and image less crisp have been explained.
    I have waited along time for an app like this and it is well on its way.
    I think you can expect, soon, a new update to resolve the two issues.
    09-19-09 08:59 AM
    I think you can expect, soon, a new update to resolve the two issues.
    Beautiful... That's good news to hear.

09-19-09 09:26 AM

Did you get it working yet?
    09-19-09 09:36 AM
    For those of you able to do the .bat install.

Uninstall the previous version. Reboot and install this one.

Try it on landscape!!

Warning: Slower page to page times but very impressive in terms of how the APP might look.
    09-19-09 09:50 AM
    For those of you able to do the .bat install.

Uninstall the previous version. Reboot and install this one.

Try it on landscape!!

Warning: Slower page to page times but very impressive in terms of how the APP might look.

Well I guess that leaves me out!
    09-19-09 09:54 AM
    Here is picture.
    09-19-09 09:55 AM
    Well I guess that leaves me out!
    You could try then if it fails you have the ota to fall back on.
    09-19-09 09:57 AM
    Here is picture.
    oohhh that picture looks crisper!

You could try then if it fails you have the ota to fall back on.
    Well here's the thing... mine already works in landscape mode... so I can probably just wait for the next OTA... especially seeing my track record in the beginning.

OK... on a separate note: This has got to be the longest thread with what basically amounts to 3 people hopefully we can get some more people to try this out with us.
    09-19-09 10:03 AM
    oohhh that picture looks crisper!

Well here's the thing... mine already works in landscape mode... so I can probably just wait for the next OTA... especially seeing my track record in the beginning.

OK... on a separate note: This has got to be the longest thread with what basically amounts to 3 people hopefully we can get some more people to try this out with us.
    Landscape - full screen?
    I don't do landscape much but I will from now on.

I agree - long thread.
    I hope so too, the more the better.
    09-19-09 10:09 AM
    I would definitely like to help beta test this app but I would not be able to install other than OTA.

I have been following this thread but I'm not sure which link is OTA and which is the newest one. Is it possible for anyone to repost the newest OTA link?
    09-19-09 11:01 AM
    I would definitely like to help beta test this app but I would not be able to install other than OTA.

I have been following this thread but I'm not sure which link is OTA and which is the newest one. Is it possible for anyone to repost the newest OTA link?
    http://static.comicreader.mobi/Black...ReaderMobi.jad

That is the latest OTA version... and the one that has worked for me... enjoy and let us know what you think.
    09-19-09 11:04 AM
    Still couldn't get it to work. I'm sure that the folder name is Comics not "Comics" and also it's on the very top of my card. I have yet to try the new .bat and also I'll try the OTA again.
    09-19-09 11:11 AM
    Still couldn't get it to work. I'm sure that the folder name is Comics not "Comics" and also it's on the very top of my card. I have yet to try the new .bat and also I'll try the OTA again.
    The folder "Comics"... is it in under your "System" at the top? what finally worked for me was installing my SD card directly into my computer... place all my cbr files under a Comics folder... once the SD card is back in my phone... I open up

Media... hit BB button... explore... Media Card... BlackBerry... Comics... and move the files from there to my actual "Comics" folder under System (at the top)

I hope that works for you... let me know.
    09-19-09 11:25 AM
    The folder "Comics"... is it in under your "System" at the top? what finally worked for me was installing my SD card directly into my computer... place all my cbr files under a Comics folder... once the SD card is back in my phone... I open up

Media... hit BB button... explore... Media Card... BlackBerry... Comics... and move the files from there to my actual "Comics" folder under System (at the top)

I hope that works for you... let me know.
    Yes it is under system but still says comic folder not set. I tried the OTA again, uninstall, reboot, install via ota, reboot but still comic folder not set. I'll try the .bat file and will report after I'm done.
    09-19-09 11:30 AM
417 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD