08-29-10 09:55 PM
417 1234 ...
tools
    Actually I started with just "Comics" I tried a few things. I'm back at a PC...so I'll mess with it somemore. Thanks for the quick replies!
    Any luck? I'll be implementing a folder selection menu sometime soon, so I wouldn't be to worried if we can't get it to work right now.
    09-11-09 12:04 AM
    OK guys... please dont laugh at me. OK you can laugh but hopefully you can help me after your done.

I have never loaded an app via a zip file... what exactly do I have to do.

I have it downloaded on my computer... now what?
    What is the preffered way of distributing files on the blackberry?
    09-11-09 12:05 AM

Most people on here tend to prefer an OTA... that way we can just point with our BB browser of choice and voila instant download.
    09-11-09 01:12 AM
    No luck yet...I changed the case on the on board memory to "Comics" but I couldn't access the SD card. I'm at my girl friend's house and I don't have administrative rights on her comp. So I couldn't install Desktop Manager. So I hope to mess with it tomorrow. Can't wait to use it. Thanks for everything!

Any luck? I'll be implementing a folder selection menu sometime soon, so I wouldn't be to worried if we can't get it to work right now.
    09-11-09 01:21 AM
    OTA distributing with crackberry store. But if you want a bigger fanbase then you can also you use the RIM's official blackberry store "appworld" but appworld has to many bugs that rim needs to work out.
    09-11-09 06:29 AM
    Start with the CrackBerry.com Store.

Another site is Handango.

The RIM APP Store. Has issues so alot of folk do not install it.
    09-11-09 07:26 AM
    Man I swear I must be a frickin ****! I still cannot get this loaded! any chance for an OTA for some of us stupid people?
    09-11-09 05:11 PM
    Does not work for me
    I've got a Storm, i succesfully installed.
    I put some .cbr files in a Comics directory (tried on memory card and internal memory too), it does not say nothing when i touch "open"...

If i change the Comics directory, it says that the directory is not good.

Maybe i do something bad?
    09-11-09 05:53 PM
    I put a .cbz on the directory, and now i see all the things.
    How weird!
    09-11-09 05:57 PM
    Man I swear I must be a frickin ****! I still cannot get this loaded! any chance for an OTA for some of us stupid people?
    Yeah, I'll put a OTA version later
    09-11-09 06:18 PM

Man you are a godsent good lord... I'm still frickin trying and cant get this done. This is one app that I would truly love to have
    Last edited by captainprophesy; 09-11-09 at 06:47 PM.
    09-11-09 06:44 PM
    Man you are a godsent good lord... I'm still frickin trying and cant get this done. This is one app that I would truly love to have
    I can now read an entire comic. Awesome stuff.
    09-11-09 07:37 PM
    You are an amazing person, this app is so very cool. I finally got it installed and have a few things to mention.

*page load times were a little slow like you mentioned

*the talk balloon click zoom thingee seems to only work occasionally I'd say 60% of the time

*the bottom 1/5 of each page is distorted and cannot be read

any help would be appreciated and thank you again for such a great app
    09-11-09 09:09 PM
    You are an amazing person, this app is so very cool. I finally got it installed and have a few things to mention.

*page load times were a little slow like you mentioned

*the talk balloon click zoom thingee seems to only work occasionally I'd say 60% of the time

*the bottom 1/5 of each page is distorted and cannot be read

any help would be appreciated and thank you again for such a great app
    The Developer wanted to get a beta out to the public to get feedback. He is aware of the speed and the performance of the zoom lens. He is currently working on those issues.

The distortion is new to me and something I have not observed.
    09-11-09 09:18 PM
    Upon further investigation the distorted section appears to be the same size as the keyboard. When viewed vertically though, the distorted part is only a sliver at the bottom. I realize it's a beta, which is why I was trying to give thorough feedback.

I am using a storm 9530 v4.7.0.148
    Last edited by gnomead; 09-11-09 at 10:23 PM.
    09-11-09 10:16 PM
    I can now read an entire comic. Awesome stuff.

Sure... rub it in!
    09-11-09 10:20 PM
    any estimated ETA? Thanks.
    09-11-09 10:21 PM
    Sure... rub it in!
    Your time will come
    09-11-09 10:29 PM
    Upon further investigation the distorted section appears to be the same size as the keyboard. When viewed vertically though, the distorted part is only a sliver at the bottom. I realize it's a beta, which is why I was trying to give thorough feedback.

I am using a storm 9530 v4.7.0.148
    I didn't realise you were trying the APP in Landscape mode.

When I do Landscape my screen goes completely white. It's doesn't crash and comic page returns when I return to portrait.

In portrait I have observed a small silver line on some pages. It appears to be the first page
    09-11-09 10:36 PM
    Smith over at the Mobi forums is having the same exact problem I am and was even nice enough to post a screenshot

it won't let me post a link yet, but it's the most recent post in the BB thread
    09-11-09 10:41 PM
    I didn't realise you were trying the APP in Landscape mode.

When I do Landscape my screen goes completely white. It's doesn't crash and comic page returns when I return to portrait.

In portrait I have observed a small silver line on some pages. It appears to be the first page
    Investigated further the Silver line.
    In my case it was not the APP it was the scan that was distorted at the bottom.

If you have a PC, I can recommend the PC version of the APP by the same developer. I was able to view the same CDR file on it that I have on my Storm and it's obvious it was the scan.

ComicReader Mobi Desktop Features
    09-11-09 10:47 PM
    Smith over at the Mobi forums is having the same exact problem I am and was even nice enough to post a screenshot

it won't let me post a link yet, but it's the most recent post in the BB thread
    Blackberry Beta V0.2 - Page 4 - ComicReader Mobi
    09-11-09 11:34 PM
    I've just played with the ipod version of the APP and it only works in portrait mode.

Perhaps we've got to assume that the Storm version will do the same. Not big deal to me and it probably makes sense too.
    09-11-09 11:47 PM
    Ok, I finally managed to get the JAD files up

here's the links

http://static.comicreader.mobi/Black...ReaderMobi.jad

http://static.comicreader.mobi/Black...ReaderMobi.jad

I'll look into the distorted thing tomorrow
    09-12-09 03:01 AM
    Ok, I finally managed to get the JAD files up

here's the links

I'll look into the distorted thing tomorrow
    You rule! I look forward to the finished product.
    09-12-09 09:58 AM
417 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD