I just bought this app and I must say, I'm VERY happy with it. I did not participate in the past versions sadly, but this will keep me busy for a long time. I just want to say thank you for all of the hard work and it was worth every single cent. I will pass the word around to my other BlackBerry comic fiend pals. Keep kicking ***!
    01-15-10 07:17 PM
    Thanks for the tutorial. I'm starting to get it now.

I have several options for turning to the next page, the back button( easy but a little counter-intuitive), double tap for bottom controls (a little challenging as the app tries to open a lens with a tap), middle tap and slide and finally side arrows (tiny so a little hard to tap with my seidio case). I must not love one of these solutions as I can't seem to pick one and stick with it.

The biggest win for this pre-release is the image loading stability. Much better. True there are crashes sometimes when you leave the app for a while but in the beta version, there were some images that would never load and since the app opened the comic to the last page you were at, you couldn't get past the offending jpg.

Cant wait to see what you add to the app in the future. Don't be afraid to use the Surepress screen and swiping. It will give you a little more freedom from timing tapping and the such.
    I do like the volume control to move from page to page but swiping would be a good option too.

Last week I was able to read a 157Mb, 166 page file without any problems.
    01-17-10 09:00 PM
    On my phone, I just have it set up to show the controls all the time. I know what you mean about the small arrow keys though, and I'll be making them bigger for the next release.

I can adjust it to use the surepress screen instead of detecting taps. I didn't do that originally, because I thought it would be more annoying to have to click all the time. But its certainly worth putting in

I just bought this app and I must say, I'm VERY happy with it. I did not participate in the past versions sadly, but this will keep me busy for a long time. I just want to say thank you for all of the hard work and it was worth every single cent. I will pass the word around to my other BlackBerry comic fiend pals. Keep kicking ***!
    Thanks!
    01-26-10 01:12 AM
    Been enjoying this APP for the last few months. Using it daily. Great APP.
    03-12-10 08:24 PM
    I really want this app, but I think the price is a bit steep. I mean, I can get free cbr readers online for my PC and they work well. I hate to sound cheap, but I'll keep reading on my laptop...that's somewhere around $18 in dollars, correct?

I am not saying you should make the app free..but I'd pay $5 at the drop of a hat.
    03-15-10 01:10 PM
    IMO it is worth the $ I don't always have my laptop on me but my BB is always at hand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 02:13 PM
    I really want this app, but I think the price is a bit steep. I mean, I can get free cbr readers online for my PC and they work well. I hate to sound cheap, but I'll keep reading on my laptop...that's somewhere around $18 in dollars, correct?

I am not saying you should make the app free..but I'd pay $5 at the drop of a hat.
    Hey, sorry about the delay. It looks like I somehow got unsubscribed to the thread, and I just now noticed your message.

Its not hard to see why their free on the PC. I mean, making a comic readable on a large screen, with a fast CPU, and virtually unlimited memory? Well, it doesn't exactly require the most sophisticated of software...
    Heck, even my reader is free on the PC. It's pretty much a glorified picture viewer at that point, I'd have a hard time rationalizing any amount of money for that.

Only you can really decide if its worth it for your phone. If you've always got your laptop with you, and like reading comics on it, than yeah, I can't really compete with the free readers on that.

On the other hand, if you're like me, and you don't like reading comics on your laptop, than being able to read comics on your phone is awesome. Its always with you, and you can read comics anywhere, any time. (Even during meetings, not that I would ever do such a thing )

Plus, and maybe its just me, but there's just something...comforting, about knowing that you have 20 or more hours of entertainment on you at any given time.

Flight delayed? Not a problem! Stuck on a desert island? No biggie!
    Terrorists taken over your building, and you need to sit tight while Bruce Willis kicks their asses? Your covered!

Come on, how can you put a price on that?

Plus, I think 9.99 euros is only around 12-13 dollars right now.
    03-20-10 03:22 AM
    Is there still a trial version available? I got unsubscribed as well; haven't seen this thread since I was a beta tester and removed the app a few months back to free up memory
    04-15-10 12:02 AM
    There was a trial released at the end of 2009 but it has expired.

My suggestion is just to buy it. I know it's a risk but if you read this thread since 2010, no-one who has taken the risk has regretted it.

I used it on my old Storm (5.0.0.328) without issues. It is so much better than the betas.

Some infor here too:
    BlackBerry Storm
    04-15-10 11:57 AM
    +1 No problems at all on S1 and beta completely different from final release

04-15-10 12:05 PM
    +1 No problems at all on S1 and beta completely different from final release

Now on my Storm 2 OS .607 No problems.
    04-15-10 12:24 PM
    Ok, I'll stop being such a cheap a$$...
    04-15-10 01:01 PM
    AWESOME; just awesome...
    04-17-10 11:57 AM
    cool! I'm glad you're liking it!
    04-24-10 11:03 PM
    Does it work for the curve 8530?
    05-04-10 11:05 PM
    the 8530 has a much slower processor than the storm, so I don't know how well it would perform, but otherwise it should work.
    But give it a shot anyway. Paypal makes it pretty easy to give a refund, so there's no risk in trying
    Last edited by comicreadermobi; 05-17-10 at 11:49 AM.
    05-07-10 05:08 PM
    This app is worth the money. Reading The Losers and its rendering the series beautifully.
    08-29-10 09:55 PM
417 ... 151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD