I just put up a new version that uses a really good image resizing algorthim. Its a lot slower, but I'm curious to see how much slower it is on the various blackberrys.

Can you guys try it out, and report back?

http://static.comicreader.mobi/Black...ReaderMobi.jad

Thanks.
    10-14-09 05:11 PM
    I just put up a new version that uses a really good image resizing algorthim. Its a lot slower, but I'm curious to see how much slower it is on the various blackberrys.

Can you guys try it out, and report back?

Thanks.
    Only slightly slower on storm. Magnification less sensitive had do some tweaks in screen/keyboard options

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 05:49 PM
    Load time of new build =904, resize time = 9297. Seems slower to me and first page of comic doesn't show. I have to go to the next page to see anything. Magnifier clarity is definitely improved.

10-14-09 08:42 PM
    thanks. what do you think of the normal image? is it clearer, or about the same as the old builds?
    10-15-09 10:58 PM
    thanks. what do you think of the normal image? is it clearer, or about the same as the old builds?
    Seems clearer to me.

10-15-09 11:06 PM
    The images are definitely clearer. I am using Blackest Night 0 again to make my comparisons. I didn't notice much difference and in fact the images looked blurrier. However, I believe the scans I was using are of poor quality.

I then started reading Absolute Watchmen. The quality on this is amazing! I can see the zoom box refining the image when I use it. The word boxes are crystal clear.

The speed is definitely a problem. One of my loading times was close to 44000. Pages without any text load much quicker, though.
    10-18-09 09:18 PM
    Images are clear enough now that I can read some text without zooming in. The only downside is the speed and smoothness of scrolling around.
    10-18-09 10:14 PM
    Is there is a version of this for the Tour so my friend can test it out?
    10-19-09 07:26 PM
    you can get a version for all the blackberry's here:

Blackberry Beta V0.5 - ComicReader Mobi

For the people with long loading times, are you reading in landscape or portrait?
    10-20-09 12:36 PM

For the people with long loading times, are you reading in landscape or portrait?
    Thanks for the link. As for the long loading times, I am reading in portrait. I don't normally use landscape but I will try it out and report back.
    10-20-09 01:07 PM
    I read in landscape to help legibility.

10-20-09 07:56 PM

Tried landscape magnifier seems better load times seem same think I will stick with landscape for awhile

10-20-09 07:59 PM
    Wow, nice one, I can't believe I missed this app for over a month! The demo video on the website looks amazing (don't have a real BB anymore sadly, but I do have a Touch Pro2 and you have a WinMo version!). Now I don't have to worry about how the heck I would write RAR support into BerryComic lol, I was not looking forward to that :P
    Last edited by Andiamo; 10-20-09 at 09:01 PM.
    10-20-09 08:58 PM
    Wow, nice one, I can't believe I missed this app for over a month! The demo video on the website looks amazing (don't have a real BB anymore sadly, but I do have a Touch Pro2 and you have a WinMo version!). Now I don't have to worry about how the heck I would write RAR support into BerryComic lol, I was not looking forward to that :P
    Thanks! I'm glad you like it

In truth, the rar support is darn near trivial when you compare it to the image loading!
    I'm currently in the process of writing a completely custom image loader, just so that I can get something onscreen in a reasonable time

I actually have a touch pro2 as well, and I love it! Great for reading comics
    10-23-09 06:25 PM
    So is everyone having no problems with this on the offical 5.0 OS?
    11-02-09 12:25 PM
    So is everyone having no problems with this on the offical 5.0 OS?
    Only thing I have noticed is that in landscape mode on storm I have the white bar edges like custom themes are doing

11-02-09 12:28 PM
    How do I tell if the .cbz file has .png images in it? I read through the thread and never saw anything about this.. I downloaded the app last night and have been having trouble getting my first comic to load. I can see the folder and choose the file, but then it just goes back to the ComicReader Mobi v.05 in the center of the screen,

Thanks for any help.
    11-02-09 01:08 PM
    I guess it must have been just that batch of files (cbz)... I loaded another comic on it and it worked fine (cbr). Cant wait to see what this turns into.
    11-02-09 11:26 PM
    Uh-oh, the comic book reader beta 0.5 has expired. Can this be re-activated or do we need to wait for another version?
    11-11-09 10:22 AM
    Uh-oh, the comic book reader beta 0.5 has expired. Can this be re-activated or do we need to wait for another version?
    OMG NO this is one of my favorite apps

11-11-09 05:34 PM
    11-11-09 07:36 PM
    OK, I put up a new version that doesn't expire for a little while longer. Hopefully that hold you over until I get the full version out

11-11-09 07:46 PM
    OK, I put up a new version that doesn't expire for a little while longer. Hopefully that hold you over until I get the full version out

You sir are the man

11-11-09 07:50 PM
    ok few problems im having

1. comics are taking WAY to long to moves from page 1 to 2, 3 to 4 etc...
    2. settings wont work after clicking it 500 times
    3. neither does checking the info on it)
    4. can you make the blue dot AKA pointer bigger or make it into something more creative a dot is kinda not fun to play with
    5. why isnt there a tool for updating or least letting us go to your site/forum to update to newest version a shorcut would work for me
    6.Great app looking forward to the finished product and thanks for being the only one who cares about us comic book readers to make an app for BB's
    Last edited by player52; 11-11-09 at 09:33 PM.
    11-11-09 09:20 PM
    Not sure how well this APP reforms on the Tour. On the Storm page-to-page is fairly good.

If you add a previous version installed. I would suggest you delete - reboot and re-install the APP.

The settings a de-activated on the beta.
    11-11-09 11:04 PM
417 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD