cant find comics folder and when i open with filescout it opens the reader but never loads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 06:41 PM
    cant find comics folder and when i open with filescout it opens the reader but never loads.

what os do you have on it?
    09-20-09 08:47 PM
    I have been messing around with the app a bit more today and have some observations.

Only some of my comics work. Blackest Night 0 and 1 work but 2 and 3 do not work. Only a few of my Spawn comics work.

Also the zoom box is pretty slow. It doesn't move when I drag my finger. Is it supposed to? Or am I just supposed to point?

09-20-09 09:25 PM
    I have been messing around with the app a bit more today and have some observations.

Only some of my comics work. Blackest Night 0 and 1 work but 2 and 3 do not work. Only a few of my Spawn comics work.

Also the zoom box is pretty slow. It doesn't move when I drag my finger. Is it supposed to? Or am I just supposed to point?

I've found that when I add a comic sometimes a reboot may be necessary. Not sure if that's the issue for you. No way is this a memory hog but a reboot can benefit it.

Check this video. It shows the best way to read a comic.

09-20-09 10:26 PM
    Thanks for the link. I don't think a reboot will fix it. I have had Blackest Night #2 on there the entire time and it has never opened for me.

The lens isn't supposed to work exactly like that video, though, is it? The lens does not just grab the text boxes. It zooms on a portion of the comic. And when it does grab just the text box, it doesn't grab the entire text box, at least on most of the boxes.

Also, is the entire page supposed to be shown? I have to scroll down to get the bottom of the page.

I'm loving this app the more and more I use it!
    09-20-09 10:56 PM
    Thanks for the link. I don't think a reboot will fix it. I have had Blackest Night #2 on there the entire time and it has never opened for me.

The lens isn't supposed to work exactly like that video, though, is it? The lens does not just grab the text boxes. It zooms on a portion of the comic. And when it does grab just the text box, it doesn't grab the entire text box, at least on most of the boxes.

Also, is the entire page supposed to be shown? I have to scroll down to get the bottom of the page.

Here is a link to the developer's site regarding the fit-to-page issue

ComicReader Mobi - View Single Post - Blackberry Beta V0.3

There is a technique to get the talk bubbles to zoom and it does work pretty well. Hard to explain.

The files that don't open!
    What file type? Size?
    Try this:
    "Unable to Display Image" ComicCleaner - ComicReader Mobi
    09-20-09 11:39 PM
    They are all .cbr files. Blackest Night #2 is 27.5 MB. However, Blackest Night #1 is 32.5 MB and opens flawlessly. I'll try the cleaner.
    09-20-09 11:57 PM
    I just dragged and dropped Blackest Night 02 into the cleaner and it said success. However, when I open the .cbr file on my computer I get this error: "SFV file checksum error". Any ideas?

I use CDisplay to view .cbr files, btw.
    09-21-09 12:00 AM
    I think there's a bug in the current version where png files don't work.

Actually, it should work exactly like the video! In fact, the video is just a recording of me running comic reader mobi on the iphone simulator!
    Anyway, if the lens isn't working right, than you'd need to adjust the sensitivity. Which, you can't do because there's no options. But if there WERE options, than you'd fix your current problem by increasing it

Cool, thanks!
    09-21-09 04:05 AM
    I just dragged and dropped Blackest Night 02 into the cleaner and it said success. However, when I open the .cbr file on my computer I get this error: "SFV file checksum error". Any ideas?

I use CDisplay to view .cbr files, btw.
    Well, since it's modifying the files, the sfv file's checksums would no longer work
    09-21-09 04:06 AM
    Well, since it's modifying the files, the sfv file's checksums would no longer work

Any news on the next version? you've got us addicted to this like crack!... can I get anotha hit?
    09-21-09 08:58 AM
    They are all .cbr files. Blackest Night #2 is 27.5 MB. However, Blackest Night #1 is 32.5 MB and opens flawlessly. I'll try the cleaner.
    The cleaner worked good for me...Superman - Birthright still won't load up 100% of the time but Walking Dead and Batman do...
    09-21-09 10:35 AM
    If I use your comicreader for Windows will I not get this error? The .cbr file works it's just annoying to have to click OK on about 30 error boxes to read the file on my computer.
    09-21-09 10:50 AM
    Any news on the next version? you've got us addicted to this like crack!... can I get anotha hit?
    I would hope soon.
    09-21-09 01:38 PM
    The cleaner worked good for me...Superman - Birthright still won't load up 100% of the time but Walking Dead and Batman do...
    It's such an easy tool that I will try to clean all my files as I load them to the BB.

The iphone version all uses a tool called "comicsync" for uploading. It would be cool if the BB could eventually have a similar tool.

Has a good resizing feature too.
    09-21-09 01:40 PM
    I tried to get this program to see my Comics directory to no avail. I guess I'll just wait until the next version to fix this.

09-22-09 09:09 AM
    I tried to get this program to see my Comics directory to no avail. I guess I'll just wait until the next version to fix this.

What issues did you encounter?
    09-22-09 09:12 AM
    What issues did you encounter?
    I created a Comics directory on the root of the SD card and the program couldn't see it. I tried to create a directory in the system folder through the 5.0 Files app but System is a Read Only directory and it wouldn't allow me.

09-22-09 10:00 AM
    I created a Comics directory on the root of the SD card and the program couldn't see it. I tried to create a directory in the system folder through the 5.0 Files app but System is a Read Only directory and it wouldn't allow me.

Are you running .230?
    09-22-09 11:49 AM
    Are you running .230?
    Yes. I am running .230 and I see you have the same problems.
    Last edited by Skyeclad; 09-22-09 at 03:54 PM.
    09-22-09 12:24 PM
    Make sure the folder on your SD card is named 'Comics'. I got it to work by connecting my Storm using the USB cable and having mass storage mode enabled. That way I could just look directly at the SD card.
    09-22-09 12:44 PM
    Make sure the folder on your SD card is named 'Comics'. I got it to work by connecting my Storm using the USB cable and having mass storage mode enabled. That way I could just look directly at the SD card.
    Yeah, I am doing the same thing. Looking right at the folder in the root SD directory titled, "Comics". I still get a "default Comic folder not set" error. Is this a .203 issue?

The only thing I didn't do was to try to create a directory in the System folder using the USB cable. I tried to do so within the phone but it's read only and the option to change that is greyed out.
    09-22-09 01:08 PM
    I downloaded from the msot recent OTA link provided.

I'm at work and don't have any .CBRs in my card but will reprt back when I do
    09-22-09 02:42 PM
    Yeah, I am doing the same thing. Looking right at the folder in the root SD directory titled, "Comics". I still get a "default Comic folder not set" error. Is this a .203 issue?

The only thing I didn't do was to try to create a directory in the System folder using the USB cable. I tried to do so within the phone but it's read only and the option to change that is greyed out.
    I am running .148 so it could definitely be a .203 issue. I don't think you can access the System folder using the USB cable, at least I couldn't. I think someone else in this threat is using .203 and found a way around it.
    09-22-09 03:05 PM
    I am running .148 so it could definitely be a .203 issue. I don't think you can access the System folder using the USB cable, at least I couldn't. I think someone else in this threat is using .203 and found a way around it.
    I just read through the entire thread and the same person who had a similar problem wasn't able to solve it either. It may be an OS issue but it doesn't hurt to wait until the developer adds the ability to select the folder. Thanks for the help.
    09-22-09 04:16 PM
417 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD