I'm scared :| ill give it a try right now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Good luck there!
    09-18-09 07:56 PM
    Did it work for you?
    I've gotten mine working but it's unbelievably slow and eats up my memory like nobody's business. Even with that said, I'm just stoked that I can read my several gig's worth of .cbr files on my phone now.

BTW, I used the new OTA link you sent last night to update my current one. Takes quite awhile to load the comics, but I'm still enjoying having it on the phone.
    09-18-09 08:09 PM
    I've gotten mine working but it's unbelievably slow and eats up my memory like nobody's business. Even with that said, I'm just stoked that I can read my several gig's worth of .cbr files on my phone now.

BTW, I used the new OTA link you sent last night to update my current one. Takes quite awhile to load the comics, but I'm still enjoying having it on the phone.
    It should not be behaving like that.

For me, a 30mb comic file will load in about 20s and then each page will move forward in about 2s.

During a reading session it will use about 5mb of memory and free it back after the app is closed.

What os are you using? I'm on os.148

My suggestion if you have time is to remove the APP reboot, re-install then a second reboot
    09-18-09 08:29 PM
    Good luck there!

WOW... much better... faster loading and faster resizing... the magnifying window also follows you around more... still on the slow side, but a HUGE improvement. I cannot wait, this keeps getting better.

I like how when you double tap the screen the controls from the home screen appear and you can page forward or back... sweet!
    09-18-09 08:32 PM

For me, a 30mb comic file will load in about 20s and then each page will move forward in about 2s.

During a reading session it will use about 5mb of memory and free it back after the app is closed.

My suggestion if you have time is to remove the APP reboot, re-install then a second reboot
    One of the things that worked for me as well as what you just advised... is after the reboot (after the app has been re-installed) let the phone sit for about 10 minutes and let it all just "settle in" for whatever reason that plus what you recommended above worked for me... and lord knows I was having problems out of wazoo.
    09-18-09 08:35 PM

Cool man...I'm using 148 as well...I'll play around with it tonight after work...or maybe WHILE AT WORK
    09-18-09 08:35 PM
    WOW... much better... faster loading and faster resizing... the magnifying window also follows you around more... still on the slow side, but a HUGE improvement. I cannot wait, this keeps getting better.

I like how when you double tap the screen the controls from the home screen appear and you can page forward or back... sweet!
    Glad it worked for you!
    What aspects do you find to be slow?
    09-18-09 08:37 PM
    Glad it worked for you!
    What aspects do you find to be slow?

well just a tad bit more speed on the "magnifying bubble" following your finger... and just a tad bit overall speed would be nice as well.

But overall I am very pleased with the new version... One question though... does the settings icon on the home screen (upper left corner) work for you?
    09-18-09 08:41 PM
    Cool man...I'm using 148 as well...I'll play around with it tonight after work...or maybe WHILE AT WORK
    come on... what else do you have to do? work? reading comics is much better
    09-18-09 08:43 PM
    come on... what else do you have to do? work? reading comics is much better
    In answer to glasgow; it works a WHOLE lot faster after removal/reboot/reinstall of OTA link

Sweet merciful crap man. I can read "The Killing Joke" again!
    09-18-09 09:00 PM
    In answer to glasgow; it works a WHOLE lot faster after removal/reboot/reinstall of OTA link

Awesome !!!
    09-18-09 09:18 PM

Is memory ok?
    09-18-09 09:19 PM

Very good to hear that ita working for you... Going to have to look for "the killing joke" that was an awesome story

09-18-09 09:23 PM
    well just a tad bit more speed on the "magnifying bubble" following your finger... and just a tad bit overall speed would be nice as well.

But overall I am very pleased with the new version... One question though... does the settings icon on the home screen (upper left corner) work for you?
    Settings will be added later.
    09-18-09 09:25 PM
    does the settings icon on the home screen (upper left corner) work for you?
    Naw, the settings stuff aren't implemented yet. Those don't really need to be beta tested, so I'm focusing more on performance first.

Cool! I'm glad you guys are liking the new version!
    09-18-09 09:28 PM
    Naw, the settings stuff aren't implemented yet. Those don't really need to be beta tested, so I'm focusing more on performance first.

Cool! I'm glad you guys are liking the new version!
    Now that there is a good, workable beta, hopefully others will d/l it and get some buzz going for this awesome APP.
    09-18-09 09:33 PM
    Ok time for feedback. Good much improved speed. Bad I see image resize= number. Load= number. And the images do not seem to be as crisp. Still major improvement on loading speed

09-18-09 10:11 PM
    Ok time for feedback. Good much improved speed. Bad I see image resize= number. Load= number. And the images do not seem to be as crisp. Still major improvement on loading speed

The image load/resize number is just part of the testing process.
    09-18-09 10:14 PM

I'll have to agree on the bad part... Images don't seem as crisp and the loading times are always on upper left corner

09-18-09 10:16 PM
    I'll have to agree on the bad part... Images don't seem as crisp and the loading times are always on upper left corner

I find the classic comics can have issues but the more modern ones are ok but could be better.
    09-18-09 10:28 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot to turn the smooth resizer back on. I'm glad you noticed, cause it would have kind of sucked if you didn't think there was a difference between that and nearest neighbor
    09-18-09 10:37 PM
    Is memory ok?
    Memory goes back and forth; seems to depend on which cbr I'm opening..."Killing Joke" worked great, while "Walking Dead 57" took quite awhile...

still testing/playing around...will keep you posted
    09-18-09 11:01 PM
    Memory goes back and forth; seems to depend on which cbr I'm opening..."Killing Joke" worked great, while "Walking Dead 57" took quite awhile...

I'm reading the Zombie series and they seem to all work very well... now if I could only find the "Astounding Wolf-man" as a cbr file.
    09-18-09 11:09 PM

You might want to experiment with this tool.
    Just drag your files into to it and allow it to "clean" your comics. Creates a backup of your original.

"Unable to Display Image" ComicCleaner - ComicReader Mobi
    The image load/resize number is just part of the testing process.
    Good to know... Thanks
417 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD