Still get the default comic folder not set error!!!
    09-15-09 06:52 AM
    Yeah, you're right, I'm not associated with the mobipocket program at all

Anyway, I put up a new build. Hopefully it should install without problems.

Let me know how the new image loader works for you guys. I'm still getting a lot of hourglass lags, but that might just be because my 8800 is slow.
    I can install and see the comics (cbr) but when I try to load, no comic appears on screen.
    09-15-09 07:07 AM

Let me know how the new image loader works for you guys. I'm still getting a lot of hourglass lags, but that might just be because my 8800 is slow.
    using v.1 avg time to load 3 cbr files 13 seconds to flip 3 pages in opened file 12 seconds per page. I also had no problem loading version .3 would recognize Comics folder but would not load cbr file but showed loading. I have a storm runninng vzw official .148
    09-15-09 08:28 AM

I have it loaded... and reading comics.

ok the comics load fine and I can turn pages as well as high lite with the bubble...BUT it's quite laggy, you have almost 10-20 seconds in-between commands... sometimes a bit more.

Now here is an idea... is there anyway to make the "bubble" drag with you finger to where you want it?

Man I KNOW this will be a solid and most likely one of my favorite app's... when it's all done.
    09-15-09 10:08 AM

ok the comics load fine and I can turn pages as well as high lite with the bubble...BUT it's quite laggy, you have almost 10-20 seconds in-between commands... sometimes a bit more.

Now here is an idea... is there anyway to make the "bubble" drag with you finger to where you want it?

Man I KNOW this will be a solid and most likely one of my favorite app's... when it's all done.

Looks like there is an issue between OS .148 and .151 and OTA.

Can you please provide an updated, 0.3 COD file for a .bat file install for those using OS .148.
    Last edited by glasgow1967; 09-15-09 at 10:24 AM.
    09-15-09 10:22 AM

If this APP ever reaches the heights of the Iphone APP then the bubble will be flawless and there will be no need to drag it.
    09-15-09 10:26 AM
    If this APP ever reaches the heights of the Iphone APP then the bubble will be flawless and there will be no need to drag it.

Well seeing that I am am NO developer... is that a possibility?
    09-15-09 12:00 PM
    Well seeing that I am am NO developer... is that a possibility?
    I'm not sure.

I think initially I will be pleased with an APP that loads a comic and in a timely mannor. Go from page to page, again in a timely mannor. Who's reading lens works, to an ok degree.
    09-15-09 12:23 PM
    I'm not sure.

I think initially I will be pleased with an APP that loads a comic and in a timely mannor. Go from page to page, again in a timely mannor. Who's reading lens works, to an ok degree.

Yeah you and me both
    09-15-09 12:41 PM

You should be able to drag the bubble now, but the resize code may be too slow.
    And when the options get put in, theres one to fit the entire page to the screen, and when thats selected, you can draw a custom box to make the lens appear

I'll keep working on the loading code to see what I can do about the speed.
    09-15-09 01:33 PM
    Can you please provide an updated, 0.3 COD file for a .bat file install for those using OS .148.
    just download the zip file on the comicreader.mobi forums. The cod file is in there.
    09-15-09 01:36 PM
    just download the zip file on the comicreader.mobi forums. The cod file is in there.
    Installing jad or cod images will not load in version .3 for me
    09-15-09 02:24 PM
    You should be able to drag the bubble now, but the resize code may be too slow.
    And when the options get put in, theres one to fit the entire page to the screen, and when thats selected, you can draw a custom box to make the lens appear

I'll keep working on the loading code to see what I can do about the speed.

Thanks... your doing a great job man... keep up the great work. I look forward to the finished product.
    09-15-09 02:25 PM
    Installing jad or cod images will not load in version .3 for me
    Having the same issues.

os .148
    09-15-09 04:02 PM
    Having the same issues.

os .148
    Not sure what you mean. The program won't load at all, or your having problems loading comics?
    09-15-09 04:19 PM
    Not sure what you mean. The program won't load at all, or your having problems loading comics?
    The OTA version did not work for me.
    I can install it but the comics will not load.

That was this morning, this afternoon, I deleted the OTA version and using the .bat file and the new v.03 cod file, I was able to install the APP but I could not load/view on comics.

With os .148 v.02 and a .bat install I was able to load/view comics.

Now the APP appears to work with .151 but not .148.
    09-15-09 04:31 PM
    Make sure the comics don't have any png files in them. Right now its just jpeg.

Also, make sure you only have one comics Folder. As it'll pick which one to use arbitrarily.

If the comics still don't load, try move the comics folder to a different drive.
    09-15-09 04:35 PM
    Make sure the comics don't have any png files in them. Right now its just jpeg.

Also, make sure you only have one comics Folder. As it'll pick which one to use arbitrarily.

If the comics still don't load, try move the comics folder to a different drive.
    Nothing I try works. No comic loads for me using v.03 and os.148.

I have kept the same comics since the weekend that worked fairly well with v.02.
    Last edited by glasgow1967; 09-15-09 at 05:44 PM.
    09-15-09 05:38 PM
    Who has managed to get v03 of the APP to work, to view a comic?

Did the ota work or did you have to go for the .bat install?

What os are you using?
    09-15-09 05:40 PM
    I was able to get V0.3 to load a comic, but it froze on the cover. The distorted portion seems to have disappeared though. Pulling the battery now and will try it again. running .148
    Last edited by gnomead; 09-15-09 at 07:55 PM.
    09-15-09 06:44 PM
    Marvel is offering a Digital Reader for the PSP, but it's in association with Sony. I submitted a request to make this application available for the Blackberry, more specifically the Storm.

It's nice having an alternative, though. Great stuff, Mobi, and hoping to see the finalized version.
    Last edited by wentouch; 09-15-09 at 09:18 PM.
    09-15-09 06:44 PM
    OK now it won't even load a cover, just getting lots of hourglass.
    09-15-09 06:48 PM
    OK it finally loaded the cover , but this time the distortion is there. When I tried to turn the page it sent me back to the original loading screen.
    09-15-09 06:50 PM
    Tried it again with a different comic, got the same result. the cover loaded, but when I tried to go to the next page it froze and returned me to the original screen. The distorted portion on the bottom remains.
    09-15-09 06:56 PM
    reposted this info to the Mobi forums
    09-15-09 07:03 PM
417 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD