Instead of "Media Card" place the folder in "System"... thats what worked for me.
    Not sure if that will work. I have used both and either worked.
    09-13-09 10:26 AM
    Can anyone tell me where to delete the app from? I was about to re-try the .bat file method and was going to use the zip file that glasgow posted... well I was going to delete the OTA file that I have on the phone and lo and behold... nothing under applications... now here is the funny part using "AppListing" it clearly shows it installed.

LOL... this app has officially knocked my status down to NOOB again
    Try deleting it from apploader....nm
    09-13-09 10:35 AM
    do you mean on the DM? because that doesnt show it either?
    09-13-09 10:43 AM
    Doesn't show up there
    09-13-09 10:44 AM
    I have had the same problem.

Find the icon for the APP -> Press the BB (Menu) button -> Select "Delete" from the menu -> Reboot

OK... worked,Thanks greatly appreciate it.

... now if we can only get the actual app to work
    09-13-09 10:46 AM
    im feelin like a noob too lol this is definately new to me how do i load them? and what os are u guys running?
    09-13-09 10:46 AM
    im feelin like a noob too lol this is definately new to me how do i load them? and what os are u guys running?

I'm running .151 and I think glasgow is running .148 ... it seems to be working for most people, but I guess I'm just a dummy all of a sudden because I just cannot get this app to work properly.
    09-13-09 10:58 AM
    The developer is working on fixing the OTA so you have the option to wait for that.

If you go for the .bat file then unzip the file to a folder on your hard drive.

Connect your BB (close the BB desktop manager if it opens up).

Run the .bat file (a dos window should open up)

Within the dos window you should see the APP being loaded.
    09-13-09 11:00 AM
    ok im gonna try on 191 and can u recommend a site to get comics from can i get them straight from marvel.com or something?
    09-13-09 11:02 AM
    ok im gonna try on 191 and can u recommend a site to get comics from can i get them straight from marvel.com or something?
    not sure about everyone else... but I got mine from a torrent
    09-13-09 11:03 AM
    I was able to get it installed, its just not recognizing the .cbr's, and I have created the "Comics" folder. It just wont find the cbrs no matter where I place the Comics folder.
    09-13-09 11:03 AM
    I'm running .151 and I think glasgow is running .148 ... it seems to be working for most people, but I guess I'm just a dummy all of a sudden because I just cannot get this app to work properly.
    I think you're not the only one reporting issues with os 151 and so the developer is now aware of it.
    09-13-09 11:04 AM
    The developer is working on fixing the OTA so you have the option to wait for that.

If you go for the .bat file then unzip the file to a folder on your hard drive.

Connect your BB (close the BB desktop manager if it opens up).

Run the .bat file (a dos window should open up)

Within the dos window you should see the APP being loaded.
    OK... deleted the old one and re-installed via the .bat file... doing a battery pull as we speak.

Keep yer fingers crossed
    09-13-09 11:05 AM
    I was able to get it installed, its just not recognizing the .cbr's, and I have created the "Comics" folder. It just wont find the cbrs no matter where I place the Comics folder.
    Not sure what's going on.

A possible fix is to rename your cbrs to rar file.
    09-13-09 11:09 AM
    Marvel does offer a subscription service but I doubt if you can download them.

There is copy right issues. Use google to find options.

This site offers free classic comics
    Golden Age Comics Downloads
    09-13-09 11:16 AM
    thanks for the heads up
    09-13-09 11:33 AM
    dangit!!!! now the app doesnt recognize any files... the search button on the bottom left to open a new file wont even open now... tried renaming the files to rar and even cbz (which I read somewhere that it worked for someone) ... nothing... I think I am doomed to wait until the developer fixes the ota

figures... the one app that I REALLY wanted I cant get installed... oh well, I'm sure once the developer gets all the kinks out... it's going to be an awesome app.

glasgow thanks for all your help man... it's been greatly appreciated... but I guess it is what it is
    09-13-09 11:46 AM
    dangit!!!! now the app doesnt recognize any files... the search button on the bottom left to open a new file wont even open now... tried renaming the files to rar and even cbz (which I read somewhere that it worked for someone) ... nothing... I think I am doomed to wait until the developer fixes the ota

figures... the one app that I REALLY wanted I cant get installed... oh well, I'm sure once the developer gets all the kinks out... it's going to be an awesome app.

glasgow thanks for all your help man... it's been greatly appreciated... but I guess it is what it is
    This will be worth waiting for and it will be just a matter of time until the developer gets a new beta out and an ota that works.
    09-13-09 12:02 PM
    Yeah, sorry guys about all the trouble. I've never released a blackberry app before, so I'm still learning how to do it.
    I'm sure its not SUPPOSED to be this confusing!

Anyway, the good news is once we get figured out, than people won't have to worry about it anymore, and we'll finally have an easy to install app

Anyway, I don't know whats going on with the Comics folder. Try putting more than one comic in there. Also try making a folder with in the comics folder and putting your comic file there.
    Once I get the folder selector put in, than hopefully there shouldn't be so many problems with it.
    09-13-09 03:47 PM
    Cool.

Hopefully, this Mobi app has at least some technical support by Mobi unlilke it's MobiPocket reader that has absolutely none.
    09-13-09 04:07 PM
    Cool.

Hopefully, this Mobi app has at least some technical support by Mobi unlilke it's MobiPocket reader that has absolutely none.
    Not sure if both APPs are developed by the same developer !! ????
    09-13-09 07:53 PM
    Yeah, sorry guys about all the trouble. I've never released a blackberry app before, so I'm still learning how to do it.
    I'm sure its not SUPPOSED to be this confusing!

Anyway, the good news is once we get figured out, than people won't have to worry about it anymore, and we'll finally have an easy to install app

Anyway, I don't know whats going on with the Comics folder. Try putting more than one comic in there. Also try making a folder with in the comics folder and putting your comic file there.
    Once I get the folder selector put in, than hopefully there shouldn't be so many problems with it.
    It's all good... I'm willing to wait for a solid app... especially for this app.
    09-13-09 07:54 PM
    It's all good... I'm willing to wait for a solid app... especially for this app.
    Same here.
    09-13-09 08:35 PM
    Not sure if both APPs are developed by the same developer !! ????
    Yeah, you're right, I'm not associated with the mobipocket program at all

Anyway, I put up a new build. Hopefully it should install without problems.

Let me know how the new image loader works for you guys. I'm still getting a lot of hourglass lags, but that might just be because my 8800 is slow.
    09-15-09 02:20 AM
    09-15-09 06:27 AM
417 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD