may have walked away with this phone (do wanna hold droid first) as a current s1 owner.....but as discussed here to me had to push much harder in a mushy type keyboard c/w s1.

hearing these reports of different feels with different os's.

is this a joke? or possible. any proof?
    10-29-09 07:08 AM
    may have walked away with this phone (do wanna hold droid first) as a current s1 owner.....but as discussed here to me had to push much harder in a mushy type keyboard c/w s1.

hearing these reports of different feels with different os's.

is this a joke? or possible. any proof?
    Yes there is proof, Sal was using 287 in his S2, and the clicking changed with the 320 build! I forgot the guys name who is talking about it, but he was in shock at the difference!
    10-29-09 07:23 AM
    Since the peizo discs are controlled by the OS (turning them on an off) it goes to reason that their resistivity might be controlled as well. It would simply be a matter of increasing/lowering the voltage being supplied to them. I would hope that such a feature can be added in the future to allow us to tailor the "click" to our own comfort level.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 07:46 AM
    If nothing else I'm sure a third party app would be developed.
    10-29-09 08:16 AM
    controlling that feel or click sensitivity would be the icing on the cake for me
    10-29-09 08:22 AM
    bump!!! i have been.wondering this as well. this will strongly affect my decision to upgrade or stay loyal to my storm 1.

10-29-09 08:53 AM
    bump!!! i have been.wondering this as well. this will strongly affect my decision to upgrade or stay loyal to my storm 1.

Only time will tell.
    10-29-09 08:55 AM
    RIM employees have already stated that theyve had to do many tweaks with the OS to get the right cilck.

A better click is coming before christmas shopping season chill. Besides I liked the click its not mushy at alll..........................................
    10-29-09 08:56 AM
    bump 10char

10-29-09 09:30 AM
    Customizable click would be awesome... I'm sure it would allieviate some of the concerns from everyone about their clicking preferences.

10-29-09 10:27 AM
    I think that would definitely win over people that were on the fence about getting a S2
    10-29-09 11:19 AM
    that would be very nice b/c when i went to test/play with the s2 yesterday my first impression was who this is kind of hard to push down compared to my s1 where it is more in a sense spongy but now i am starting to like the firm click but if we could tweak it that would be awesome....Torx screw fix??? lol jk
    10-29-09 11:48 AM
    you need software to contorl pizeio so yes, OS does determine click
    10-29-09 11:50 AM
    Is there a sensitivity setting on the S1?? I got the verizon screen protectors yesterday when i got the phone (I am assuming that all they did was change it to say 9550 versus 9530) and on the screen protector it say make sure to adjust sensitivity on screen to compensate for the protector.
    10-29-09 02:31 PM
    And RIM as is their custom will continue to tweak! And CB will continue to try our best to get you info when an OS leaks!
    10-29-09 02:34 PM
    if i could customize it to have no click then i would get it, and keep it i got my s2 today and once the droid drops on the 6th im taking this back. its an ok phone im just tired of the same os.

10-29-09 02:36 PM
    if i could customize it to have no click then i would get it, and keep it i got my s2 today and once the droid drops on the 6th im taking this back. its an ok phone im just tired of the same os.

Then why did you get it in the first place ? you knew it was going to be the same OS ? Not to sounds mean or anything but it would of saved you the 35.00 restocking fee lol
    10-29-09 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD