When I setup my Email inbox (So I could get facebook notifications) it initially gave me a new icon with the text being my email address (The icon was an envelope with a small globe). But both this new icon and my Messages icon both received emails, but Messages received texts also. I tried to separate the two, but I got a 3rd icon called SMS and MMS, as well as still having the icon titled my email address, and Messages.

My question is, is it possible to have just my texts sent to Messages, and just emails sent to the icon titled my email adddress, so I would have no SMS&MMS icon? Some way to just block out emails from the Messages tab?

I'm trying to actually set this up so I can hide the icon with my email address so I can still use the GMail app, but as I understand I need an email tied to my blackberry so I can get Facebook notifications.

Sorry if this is hard to understand.
    02-17-09 06:31 PM
    What I do is hide the messages folder. If you do ever get a pin message you will have to look in it though. You just have to remember.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 06:34 PM
    What I do is hide the messages folder. If you do ever get a pin message you will have to look in it though. You just have to remember.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm trying to keep the Messages folder as I really have a pet peeve about having an icon named SMS & MMS, but this is a potential solution. Thanks.

If anyone knows if it's possible to do exactly that, let me know. Otherwise I'll probably stick with this fix.
    02-17-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD