Anyone hear anything from the corporate stores? Early openings? # of units?

Where are you guys going Friday morning?
    11-19-08 02:44 PM
    I talked to the Store on Polaris lastnight and they are opening at 7:30 and said they would have about 45 units. They said they expect them to go fast.

Also, they said you could come in on Thursday between 8am and 9am and order a storm to be shipped next day air for an extra charge or 2 days for no charge. That is the first I have heard of that so I am not sure.
    11-19-08 03:15 PM
    I'm going to the Easton store tonight to see if they have a live demo phone yet.
    11-19-08 03:30 PM
    I am stopping by the Polaris store tonight as well. I want to ask them the same questions I asked them on the phone last night and see if I get different answers. And I want to play with the demo if they have one.

Leaving in a few.
    11-19-08 03:31 PM
    On the plus side, right near the polaris store is a Waffle House...

11-19-08 03:35 PM
    My area is getting 10 phones on Friday, more on Saturday, and they will be open at 7.
    11-19-08 03:37 PM
    On the plus side, right near the polaris store is a Waffle House...

So we all meet at Waffle House @ 7:00am on Friday?
    11-19-08 03:39 PM
    Not sure if I'm going there or Easton yet. Either way, I'll be the one with eye patch and a peg leg. Too cold for the parrot.
    11-19-08 03:44 PM
    waffle sauce... i will take you down if you get in my way.

j/k... kinda
    11-19-08 03:56 PM
    I've got a pretty nasty elbow drop, you better watch out. Oh and the peg leg hurts if you get kicked with it.

(splinters as such, not a pretty site really.)

lol
    11-19-08 04:01 PM
    I will be there at 7:30 before I go on to work. If there is a long line then ah well, I will have to wait I guess.
    11-19-08 05:05 PM
    I'm going to the Brice Rd store, but can't go first thing in the morning 'cause I have a dentist appointment. :P

Ther are a ton of VZW dealers on the east end, so I shouldn't have any trouble. Just have to wait and see. I'm of the mindset that there will be plenty of Storms for everyone, but it's hard to know for sure.

-SR-

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 06:39 PM
    Plan on driving by the Brice Road store on the east side on my way to work Friday morning just to see if there are lines. I can't walk in and get mine since it will be through my company I have to order it from our sales rep. She's putting our order (4 of them) in first thing Friday morning and we should have them delivered by Tuesday of next week.
    Sator likes this.
    11-19-08 08:57 PM
    Maybe you should send me a message to let me know what you see. It'll give me something to read while I'm getting my teeth cleaned.

-SR-

11-19-08 10:22 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. PM me your PIN number and I'll send you a message describing what it's like in the moerning.

11-20-08 06:52 AM
    I am not one to go beat the rush to get a storm. I can wait for the craziness to calm down. I do want to wait to see what people say about how they like typing on the keyboard, that is a deal breaker for me, due to the amount of long emails I send out from my phone.

I live in Grove City and am not due into work until 10:30a, so I may stop in the Stringtown Road store before work to see how many people are their, and see if I can get my hands on a demo to see what it feels like.

As for the Wafflehouse, I get heartburn everytime I eat at that place. It kind of reminds me of a sit down WhiteCastles. YUCK
    11-20-08 07:16 AM
    the verizon store at river valley mall in lancaster had 13 and only 8-10 people in line might still be able to get 1
    11-21-08 10:10 AM
    So did everyone get one that wanted one?

11-21-08 10:33 AM
    Nope. It was a disaster at the Polaris location. Waited in line just to order it for Wednesday delivery.
    11-21-08 10:37 AM
    I live on the West side. Went to the Kroger Marketplace store on Sawmill past hard they only had 10. Went by the Dublin store by McDonald's (as I was driving I passed the Verizon Cop Offices thought of just going in there and demanding one on the spot) and they opened early but only taking "NEW" customers. What kind of practice it that? Then went to the Verizon store on Sawmill and 270 and they didn't even have then in stock yet! By now it was 9:30 so I went and got more coffee and went to Circuit City on Sawmill and they had 1. Yes that's right 1. But they were very nice and said I could have it shipped to me for free and I will get it Saturday. Plus they took $50 more off on top of NE2 on top on the rebate which was instant. Plus gave me 2 months of VZ Navigator and Visual Voice Mail for free. On top of that they charged it all to my account so I did not spend any money then. I was charged $49 plus tax. Sweet. Now I will probaly get it 30min before I go to work tomorrow.
    11-21-08 10:52 AM
    Sweet deal Lance! I am getting mine tomorrow, hopefully well in advance of the big game, GO BUCKS!
    11-21-08 11:04 AM
    Does anyone know if any Columbus, OH locations will be getting any in today or tomorrow? Appreciate the help.
    11-24-08 09:16 AM
    Its not a corporate store but the Best Buy in Grove City has a bunch still in stock as of yesterday. The guy wouldn't tell me the exact number but he made it was obvious that there was "a bunch"

Good luck
    11-24-08 09:22 AM
    Thanks, apparently they still have some. Unfortunately it's on the other side of town. Thanks again. If anyone hears of any other locations, let me know.
    11-24-08 09:54 AM
    I got mine at Easton Corporate Store. And I had an early upgrade flyer. They got 28 Storms in. My friend and I were first in line.
    11-24-08 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD