02-08-09 08:36 PM
50 12
tools
    even then i don't think the tech would come out and say you opened your device were not taking it back
    01-27-09 08:30 PM
    What happens if you drop it hard and it opens!!?? Then you collect the insurance!
    01-27-09 08:33 PM
    I wouldn't mind having this done, $120 isn't a bad price to pay to get it done like this. Makes your device one of a kind.

After seeing the picture posted earlier of the iPod Touch I'm a bit hesitant, though. Seeing the paint chipping on the bottom isn't something I wanted to see. The Curve looks fine, but the iPod doesn't.

~Bcloutier~
    01-27-09 08:43 PM
    I wouldn't mind having this done, $120 isn't a bad price to pay to get it done like this. Makes your device one of a kind.

After seeing the picture posted earlier of the iPod Touch I'm a bit hesitant, though. Seeing the paint chipping on the bottom isn't something I wanted to see. The Curve looks fine, but the iPod doesn't.

~Bcloutier~
    The ipod took a 4' drop off a counter at work and it had a Griffin acrylic case on it at the time. The case broke too, I hate to think how bad the paint would have been chipped without it.

The Curve looks just as good as day 1 and is in and out of its holster all day long. Hopefully it never meets the floor!
    01-27-09 08:58 PM
    Are you kidding me? A HORRIBLE idea? What kind of dumba$$ loses a phone after paying to get it painted? And if so, who cares? Doesn't effect me!

I too, would not recommend having Colorware perform this service on a phone that has screen issues, or any non software related issues really. My phone is not perfect in the software dept, but I have no complaints with the build quality of my device. So I chose to get it painted.

If you are that unhappy with the Storm, get rid of it!
    Oh I'm not really unhappy with mine at all, great phone, for the most part. I'm not saying you should care about what happens to anyone else's phone, I'm simply giving a warning to anyone that is contemplating doing it.

Just cause your phone has a fancy pant job doesn't lessen the chances of a catastrophe, be it losing the phone, having it stolen, dropping it, the screen some how getting cracked, and the list goes on.

Phones are to disposable to invest money in, but that's just my humble opinion, it's like having you care tire diamond studded. But if you have the cash to spend, by all means go for it, I mean "who cares, it doesn't effect me!".

All that said I just made a sick storm mock up on their site
    01-27-09 09:12 PM
    The Storm being black looks sexy. cnn.cn has the black bezel to swap out with the chrome one. I'm looking into getting one, it would be sexy, all black.
    01-27-09 09:16 PM
    Way to much $$$ and then void the warranty NO THANKS
    01-27-09 11:20 PM
    i might do it if they start R2
    01-27-09 11:22 PM
    The Storm being black looks sexy. cnn.cn has the black bezel to swap out with the chrome one. I'm looking into getting one, it would be sexy, all black.

I just ordered the black trim from cnn.cn, but I don't plan on leaving it black. I already bought red paint for it! I also just sent a message to Colorware just to see if they would only paint the trim piece for me if I were to send it in. Of course I may decide I just like the black...

I'm a bit terrified of taking my phone apart though.
    01-28-09 02:43 AM
    Maybe when some of the issues the Storms are having are all fixed i will buy a new one and send it in to them! I think its pretty neat what they do.. makes your phone unique i suppose.
    01-28-09 05:34 AM
    Maybe when some of the issues the Storms are having are all fixed i will buy a new one and send it in to them! I think its pretty neat what they do.. makes your phone unique i suppose.
    All the issues are software not hardware

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 06:39 AM
    I just ordered the black trim from cnn.cn, but I don't plan on leaving it black. I already bought red paint for it! I also just sent a message to Colorware just to see if they would only paint the trim piece for me if I were to send it in. Of course I may decide I just like the black...

I'm a bit terrified of taking my phone apart though.
    You could paint it yourself.

Get the Krypton plastic spray paint and then get clear coat.

Spray about two layers of the color paint and then about 2 to 3 layers of clear coat.

I did that to some other equipment that takes a fair amount of abuse and it's been go so far towards me, slight scratches but no dings or chips on the paint.
    01-28-09 07:08 AM
    People keep stating voids the warranty, who cares when you have insurance. And, if you didn't get insurance, shame on you.
    01-28-09 07:33 AM
    You could paint it yourself.

Get the Krypton plastic spray paint and then get clear coat.

Spray about two layers of the color paint and then about 2 to 3 layers of clear coat.

I did that to some other equipment that takes a fair amount of abuse and it's been go so far towards me, slight scratches but no dings or chips on the paint.
    yeah, ColorWare told me to take a hike...lol! They said they only do what they have listed on their site.

I have the paint (Krylon Fusion "Pepper Red"), but I need to get the clear coat. I didn't realize they made a clear coat for the plastic paint. I will check the store again.

I've painted a lot of things, so I'm pretty comfortable with that, but taking my phone apart will be a new thing. Just have to be careful and patient I guess! Never ordered from cnn.cn either, but they are mentioned a lot here, so I'm sort of assuming they will actually send the trim piece to me!

If I go through with it and it looks good I will post pics! If it looks like a$$ we'll just kind of forget we ever talked about it, right?

Thanks!
    01-28-09 04:16 PM
    yeah, ColorWare told me to take a hike...lol! They said they only do what they have listed on their site.

If I go through with it and it looks good I will post pics! If it looks like a$$ we'll just kind of forget we ever talked about it, right?

Thanks!
    Yeah, Danielle at ColorWare told me the same thing, I sent my dock in with me phone and asked if they could paint it.

Best of luck painting your, CNN.CN has a great video of the disassemby process. I've dealt with them in the past and will order from them again.
    01-29-09 08:05 PM
    Yeah, Danielle at ColorWare told me the same thing, I sent my dock in with me phone and asked if they could paint it.

Best of luck painting your, CNN.CN has a great video of the disassemby process. I've dealt with them in the past and will order from them again.
    You just HAD to create more work for me, didn't you? Now I have to paint the dock too!
    01-29-09 08:21 PM

I really want to do that, but it would be a waste of money considering that my Storm stays in an Innocase I all the time...
    01-29-09 10:50 PM
    b.rich, when is your Colorware Storm coming in?
    02-03-09 11:56 AM
    Cool I could prob just seal mine and paint it myself if I wanted to! Or even powdercoat!
    good luck baking the powdercoat on the plastic parts. lol
    02-03-09 12:08 PM
    hmmm....too pricey for me, but looks sexy
    02-03-09 12:22 PM
    b.rich, when is your Colorware Storm coming in?
    Good question! I spoke with them earlier today and they informed me that a last minute part had to be replaced. They were going to try and ship it today. Hopefully I see it by Friday, it's going on 4 weeks at this point and the website says 2.
    02-03-09 05:21 PM
    I finally got my Storm back yesterday, Colorware overnighted it to me. So here is my Colorware collection. I hope you like it, for those that think it's overpriced, I'm sure you waste your money on something else.

Any questions?
    02-08-09 07:46 PM
    People keep stating voids the warranty, who cares when you have insurance. And, if you didn't get insurance, shame on you.
    Umm you ARE aware that this STILL won't be covered even with the insurance right?
    02-08-09 07:56 PM
    I finally got my Storm back yesterday, Colorware overnighted it to me. So here is my Colorware collection. I hope you like it, for those that think it's overpriced, I'm sure you waste your money on something else.

Any questions?
    Deff. different.
    To each their own...
    I see u like the white thing.. lol
    not for everyone...
    Very pretty
    02-08-09 07:58 PM
    I think it looks good man. I am sending mine in soon. White isn't my thing but that sure does look good! You get props from me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 08:36 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD