I was just browsing around there site and saw that they have it for the storm. Has anyone had it done? I was playing with the colors and came up with a couple cool combos. I'm not so sure I want to spend 120 for my storm to get painted considering id have to get a new case to show it off. Your thoughts?
    01-26-09 04:18 PM
    I'm not so sure I want to spend 120 for my storm to get painted considering id have to get a new case to show it off.
    01-26-09 04:22 PM
    Would love to get this done but it's way too expensive for me.
    01-26-09 04:48 PM
    I personally think its crazy. Expensive and not really feeling the idea to send my phone away. Now if they sold a replacement casing for the phone you could swap out somehow then that would be more my route.

I am curious if anyone has had this done though.

Also, I think the storm looks pretty sharp the way it is.
    01-26-09 04:54 PM
    The idea of colorware on the storm scares me. keep in mind that once you get it colorwared, you void your warranty, and if you dont have insurance, then you will be at a big loss if something goes wrong.

Personally I would rather get another protective case with a design instead, and for $120 you can have a different one for each day of the week!!!
    01-26-09 04:56 PM
    I sent mine in back on the 9th. Using my Colorware Curve till the Storm gets back.

As far as the warranty, if something happens to Storm, I have that figured out. Simply swap the casing from the new Storm before shipping the old one back.

I just wish people that think it's too expensive would stay out of these threads. If it's not for you that's fine, no need to knock others.
    01-26-09 07:44 PM
    I sent mine in back on the 9th. Using my Colorware Curve till the Storm gets back.

As far as the warranty, if something happens to Storm, I have that figured out. Simply swap the casing from the new Storm before shipping the old one back.

I just wish people that think it's too expensive would stay out of these threads. If it's not for you that's fine, no need to knock others.
    Good thought on the changing of the casings, just better hope Verizon doesnt get nitty gritty and start looking to see if it has been opened, because they could do that, and then charge you retail cost of the phone. not saying it will happen, but there is always that chance.
    01-26-09 07:46 PM

Not too expensive I don't think.. useless? yes... 0 protection.. but.. ya.. sure is PRETTY...

A color change for 120 bucks... hmmm...
    It's ok Princess... I'm your you love yours...
    What colors is your Curve? What you getting on your Storm?
    01-26-09 07:49 PM
    Your absolutely right. When the OP asks for others opinions no one should respond except those that think its a great idea.
    01-26-09 08:16 PM
    I think xxfire has a crush on b.rich...why else act childish

Stay on topic with something constructive...sissy lol

Colorware would be sick but I'd have to see it in person first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 08:17 PM
    I'm gonna paint mine myself, but I haven't decided how I'm gonna do it yet. I will probably just order new pieces to paint and then switch them out. I'm also thinking of buying another Storm (used) and painting that one first if I can find a good deal. I want to do some modifications to how the screen works too, so a used Storm for a good price would be ideal. I don't want to send my Storm away while it gets painted.
    01-27-09 12:55 AM
    I think xxfire has a crush on b.rich...why else act childish

Stay on topic with something constructive...sissy lol

Colorware would be sick but I'd have to see it in person first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You caught me...
    BUSTED...
    your right if we don't all bow down like the rest of the Lemmings we should just not say anything....

Nothing nice to say then don't post right?
    I WISH this place was like that...
    01-27-09 01:14 AM
    Ehhh?

2 weeks? 2 long!

$129? Too much!

No warranty? No thank you!

And no warranty is expressed or implied as to the ruggedness of the finish. How do you apply a glossy automotive-like finish to the rubber pieces on the sides? I mean $129 for a custom finish that will scratch the first time you pocket it? Maybe Zagg that sh*t, but at another $30 it brings things to a whole new level of dipsh*tery.

My verdict? Nope. Leave it alone Paris Hilton.
    01-27-09 01:32 AM
    I won't be doing it for my Storm, but I did have it done on my previous BB 8820. Its pretty sweet, gets lots of attention but in the end, the price was not something I am willing to shell out this time.
    01-27-09 07:10 AM
    Not too expensive I don't think.. useless? yes... 0 protection.. but.. ya.. sure is PRETTY...

A color change for 120 bucks... hmmm...
    It's ok Princess... I'm your you love yours...
    What colors is your Curve? What you getting on your Storm?

Should match my other two just fine...

01-27-09 07:15 PM
    Omg I can't wait to see, that curve looks so cute in white
    01-27-09 07:38 PM
    that seems like a HORRIBLE idea, what if for phone breaks, you lose it, etc. All that money would go down the drain.

Guess you just have to be extra careful.

If you have a storm I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND DOING IT because of the problems the storm has been having the screen the clicking correctly and dust problems.
    01-27-09 07:54 PM
    Would this really void the warranty? Because they have to disassemble the phone? Sorry if I sound dumb.
    01-27-09 08:05 PM
    Yes, it really does void your warranty.
    01-27-09 08:08 PM
    any type or paint or anything like that put onto the device will void the warranty....but to be honest with you if it breaks bad enough you can just say you lost it...pay the $50 through Asurion and get another....

BTW...The White looks SIIICKKKK
    01-27-09 08:09 PM
    Cool I could prob just seal mine and paint it myself if I wanted to! Or even powdercoat!
    01-27-09 08:11 PM
    to be honest with you, its not that hard to take off the casing of the device. I mean i wouldn't just do it with out researching it, but i used to work on devices and its really not that hard to do it.
    01-27-09 08:14 PM
    that seems like a HORRIBLE idea, what if for phone breaks, you lose it, etc. All that money would go down the drain.

Guess you just have to be extra careful.

If you have a storm I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND DOING IT because of the problems the storm has been having the screen the clicking correctly and dust problems.
    Are you kidding me? A HORRIBLE idea? What kind of dumba$$ loses a phone after paying to get it painted? And if so, who cares? Doesn't effect me!

I too, would not recommend having Colorware perform this service on a phone that has screen issues, or any non software related issues really. My phone is not perfect in the software dept, but I have no complaints with the build quality of my device. So I chose to get it painted.

If you are that unhappy with the Storm, get rid of it!
    01-27-09 08:21 PM
    I just do not see how it would void warranty taking it apart! It is prob screws and peg and hole that should be all! They would never know!
    01-27-09 08:22 PM
    it honestly wouldn't void the warranty unless there was a technician that worked for Flextronics surfing the forums, then going to work the next day looking for certain things like screws not being all the way in or the cover over the right side screw being removed or broken.
    01-27-09 08:29 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD