okay i keep looking at my old storm and new storm and the color is def different what gives???? can this be fixed with an os upgrade???

not just the icons but all over even on the web.... i notice it the most in the options menu's lets say i go to the screen/keys menu the buttons on the right are a lighter shade of the grey.. is my screen broke?? its really bothering me lol
    02-18-09 08:16 PM
    The screen colors should be uniform all around. Might be a screen problem or a power problem; either way, sounds like a problem.
    02-18-09 08:28 PM
    no they are uniform only thing is everything is a different shade from my old one seem bluer??
    02-18-09 08:53 PM
    Mine are more gray than blue. Not blue at all, actually.

Try: Options>Accessibility>Color Contrast
    02-18-09 08:56 PM
    yes gray.. but over all its bluer i can explain it.... just seems that the colors dont pop like my other one
    02-18-09 10:00 PM
    Well the Mexican made storms have a yellower tint and Canadians are bluer. Thats usually how it works, but mine is Mexican and has the blueish screen. Its just the way the screen is made. Luck of the draw. Personally Id much rather have the blue tint.
    02-18-09 11:01 PM
    Yeah there are two screens with different color temperatures. If you have the more cool, bluish/washed out crap like mine..WELCOME TO THE SHAT ON CLUB.
    02-18-09 11:18 PM
    Yeah there are two screens with different color temperatures. If you have the more cool, bluish/washed out crap like mine..WELCOME TO THE SHAT ON CLUB.
    Well then maybe there are three types. Ive only seen the yellowish dim version and the blueish version which looks perfect to me. Mine is perfect...hopefully my replacement this week ends up the same.
    02-18-09 11:24 PM
    No, the "yellowish", warmer tinted one is the perfect one. It's not really yellow, but just a warmer temperature. I had it on my first Storm, and now I have the bluish washed out piece of crap one on my replacement. I got screwed, it's ridiculous that I had to get this vastly inferior one and am stuck with it.
    You guys have no idea of the difference...it's like two different worlds when you look at each.
    02-18-09 11:28 PM
    Don't matter. Wether is canadian or mexican I have both. And both are the bluish screen and its gorgeous tHe yellow one is horrible I have seen it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 12:49 AM
    thats its yellower.... i loved my yellower one!!
    02-19-09 01:24 AM
    i cant take it anymore my older screen was better!!
    02-19-09 11:10 AM
    do you guys think they would change it out if i go back and tell them i dont like this???
    02-19-09 02:37 PM
    do you guys think they would change it out if i go back and tell them i dont like this???
    Jerzeykid most of the screens that are on the storms are the bluish screen that you don't like. so if they do decide to replace it what happens if its another one of the blue screen what are you gonna do then? I love my blueish and white screen is gorgeous.
    02-19-09 02:44 PM
    Jerzeykid most of the screens that are on the storms are the bluish screen that you don't like. so if they do decide to replace it what happens if its another one of the blue screen what are you gonna do then? I love my blueish and white screen is gorgeous.
    if you see the yellower you would fall in love!!
    02-19-09 03:36 PM
    Looks somewhat like this. (Best pics I could get)

Cool Screen.

Washed out.

Correct Warm Screen.

If you take a Capture It image on the Cool Screen and the Warm Screen, they both will come out the same and look like the Warm Screen.
    Last edited by Jascias; 02-19-09 at 03:47 PM.
    02-19-09 03:44 PM
    Has anyone ever heard of "personal preferrence"??? Why argue back and forth? My Yellow is better than your blue. No, my blue beats your yellow. It all depends on what YOU like. Who cares about the rest???
    02-19-09 03:48 PM
    Has anyone ever heard of "personal preferrence"??? Why argue back and forth? My Yellow is better than your blue. No, my blue beats your yellow. It all depends on what YOU like. Who cares about the rest???

?? No one in here has been arguing. Don't over emphasize.
    02-19-09 04:09 PM
    ?? No one in here has been arguing. Don't over emphasize.
    Exactly! we are just expressing our likes and dislikes.
    02-19-09 04:18 PM
    both mine are from canada, one was made in early jan and the other sometime in feb. the older one is far bluer than the newer one. :-/ been bugging me a lot.
    02-19-09 04:45 PM
    My first Storm was made in Canada! Screen looked great... very bright! Now my second storm made in Mexico is not as bright as my first! Color tints are the same but just not as bright. Ive seen the yellowish tint one at Verizon and i dont like it. But my new storm made in Mexico looks the same as my old one made in Canada just not as bright.
    Last edited by masterteee89; 02-19-09 at 05:40 PM.
    02-19-09 05:38 PM
    I kept returning the blue ones till I got a correct yellow one, when taking a picture of the screen with CaptureIt, you see how it's supposed to look, and guess what. It looks fine on the yellow one, but the blue washed out one.. Wow the colors are WAY OFF.

Don't settle, just keep getting RMA's and hope you get a yellow one. They are so much brighter, the blue ones at 100% are barely the same brightness as the yellow ones at 10%..
    02-19-09 05:56 PM
    The yellow screen looks like pure crap. Blue screen is the perfect screen that's why 90% of the storms made have the blue screen period.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 06:05 PM
    I think some are confused, and maybe mistaking blue for yellow and yellow for blue. The only real way to know again is just take a Capture It of your menu icons then compare it to your phone screen. This is how it was meant to look an if the colors are off then you know.

Verizon advertisement pictures of the Storm match the Capture It screen shot.
    Last edited by Jascias; 02-19-09 at 06:31 PM.
    02-19-09 06:26 PM
    I didn't even know there were 2 contrasts, since I'm still on my original Storm and no one else I know has one.

From the pics above, looks like there's a lot more bleed with the bluer one. The pixels, ie, horizontal lines, are a lot more noticeable on the bluer one. I have the grayer screen and it's clear and crisp; I like it better, IMO. Can't say for certain though until I do an actual comparison.
    02-19-09 07:03 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD