05-15-09 10:12 PM
32 12
tools
    so if I use a .90 radio then what will that do to my .141 update?
    hahaha... cool avatar!
    05-14-09 04:18 PM
    Hey can any of your guys who DON'T have banding problems post a screenshot of your phone??

I want to compare it to mine and see if it's worth the swtich for me...

Thanks a bunch!

PM me with your email and I will email you a screen capture to post. The shot gets dessimated by color banding without the radio from .90 or older.
    05-14-09 04:34 PM
    Where find the .90 radio

I have the crackman v5

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 09:17 PM
    How to have the best color-branding

05-15-09 08:37 PM
    No flame intended, but I'm really amazed how big a deal this is to some people. I'd much rather have a good working OS than to have a screeN that looks like a 65" Plasma HD flat screen TV.
    I'd much rather have a good working OS that looks like a 65" Plasma HD flat screen TV.

The banding thing seems like a cheap way to speed up the interface. Giving it a lot less colors gives it a lot less work to do when scrolling and such.
    05-15-09 09:05 PM
    Many people bought the Storm because of the screen, the size of it, the resolution, the crisp sharp colors. If you don't happen to have two Storms, one running .75, at hand, go down to your local Verizon store and compare your screen to the display models. Pay close attention to the icon highlights especially.

Also, take a more general look at the overall sharpness of the display. The last time I did this (I think I was on 113 at the time) there was a very noticeable difference between the stock display phone and mine. I hadn't realized the display was affected as much as it was. Screen caps and photos posted on line don't do it justice, it's something you have to see for yourself.

Am I going to throw away my Storm over it? No, a stable OS is much more important. But it's still disappointing and still one of the things I'm hoping to see fixed in the official (supposed to be out in 2 weeks, right?)

(PS, that last bit was a joke, sorry )
    05-15-09 09:48 PM
    I'm on .141 and have been on numerous other beta OS's and the only screen that shows color banding on my phone is the media player and then you have to be looking for it. So for someone to say they never noticed it is probably true since it is such a minor issue.
    No. When you go from official os to the leaked os for the very first time, you notice it, believe me. But you get used to it after a while.

05-15-09 10:12 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD