Is there any legit fix for this, besides a third party theme?

It's not a big problem, I'd just like my OS to look smooth like it used to
    05-13-09 09:51 PM
    I'm running .141 w BBCrackmans V5 shrunken down compliments of lyr and the .90 radio. THEMES LOOK AMAZING!
    05-13-09 10:06 PM
    Is there any legit fix for this, besides a third party theme?

It's not a big problem, I'd just like my OS to look smooth like it used to
    A 3rd party theme wont fix the color banding issue either.

The only "fix" is to use the .90 radio code...i dont believe it will work with the 5.0 hybrid OS tthough....but if you are on anything non-5.0 just use the .90 radio code and say goodbye to color banding and hello to a beautiful screen.
    05-13-09 10:06 PM
    Damn.

Oh well, thanks for the help guys.
    05-13-09 10:11 PM
    A 3rd party theme wont fix the color banding issue either.

The only "fix" is to use the .90 radio code...i dont believe it will work with the 5.0 hybrid OS tthough....but if you are on anything non-5.0 just use the .90 radio code and say goodbye to color banding and hello to a beautiful screen.
    Yeah, KD is right. The .90 radio code does NOT play nice with 5.0 files. It's still finicky with any of the newer OS's as well.
    05-13-09 10:15 PM
    Yeah, KD is right. The .90 radio code does NOT play nice with 5.0 files. It's still finicky with any of the newer OS's as well.
    so if I use a .90 radio then what will that do to my .141 update?
    05-13-09 10:17 PM
    so if I use a .90 radio then what will that do to my .141 update?
    It could produce VSOD's, freezing, etc. For me, it makes the color amazingly clear, BUT I do have a reboot every few days or so. I've been running it since BBCrackman's v4 came out.
    05-13-09 11:23 PM
    I still don't understand what your complaining about. Unless your looking for it and know it's there, it's near impossible to see. Setting the background to any of the sample images or a high resolution image you get off the internet and it's impossible to see.
    05-14-09 12:19 AM
    Once again, it usually does NOT effect photos. It effects the GUI, and some wallpapers and backgrounds. Themes get completely bastardized because of this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 12:25 AM
    i use a different theme but from .75 with stock theme and leaks ive never seen "color banding".
    05-14-09 12:26 AM
    i use a different theme but from .75 with stock theme and leaks ive never seen "color banding".
    If you were truly on a new OS leak, you'd notice it. So don't even try to call BS on me.
    05-14-09 08:09 AM
    If you were truly on a new OS leak, you'd notice it. So don't even try to call BS on me.
    I'm on .141 and have been on numerous other beta OS's and the only screen that shows color banding on my phone is the media player and then you have to be looking for it. So for someone to say they never noticed it is probably true since it is such a minor issue.
    05-14-09 09:42 AM
    im fairly new to this. What does the color banding do? Im still running 0.75 and was going to upgrade but want to know what it does before I upgrade.
    05-14-09 10:51 AM
    im fairly new to this. What does the color banding do? Im still running 0.75 and was going to upgrade but want to know what it does before I upgrade.
    instead of things being a nice, smooth gradient, you see a strip of one color, then a strip of the next color, then a strip of the next. see wikipedia's article on "color banding"

a lot of people say they didn't notice it (which I believe), but it does drive me nuts when people say things similar to "stop complaining, you'll never notice it" or "you only see it if you're looking" ... for some of us, it IS a big deal. I'm a graphic designer, so things like that drive me crazy. Especially on the background of the media screens. Even worse, hide an icon, then choose "Show All" from your BB menu. It looks HORRIBLE!! Not that that's something you see often by any means, of course, I just noticed that yesterday for the first time (since I've been running every Crackman hybrid with the v.90 SFI until his v5 hybrid) ...

as soon as I get a free moment, I'm going back to the v.90 SFI ... I haven't really had any stability issues with running the v.90 SFI on any of Crackman's hybrids and radio signal has been fine for me, but your mileage may vary, since it seems to a lot with the Storm, unfortunately
    05-14-09 11:42 AM
    No flame intended, but I'm really amazed how big a deal this is to some people. I'd much rather have a good working OS than to have a screeN that looks like a 65" Plasma HD flat screen TV.

05-14-09 12:28 PM
    Different strokes, baby. I've got BBCrackman's v5 with the .90 radio. Fast AND looks like a million bucks.
    05-14-09 12:32 PM
    Different strokes, baby. I've got BBCrackman's v5 with the .90 radio. Fast AND looks like a million bucks.
    I'm surprised that radio works with tha build. Don't put the 5.0 files in it. I hear they hate that radio.

05-14-09 12:55 PM
    I'm surprised that radio works with tha build. Don't put the 5.0 files in it. I hear they hate that radio.

You are SO RIGHT about that.........the .90 radio and 5.0 files don't play nicely with each other (tried it, DISASTER). .90 is even finicky with BBCrackmans v5 hybrid. Still get a random reboot every 3-4 days. I can live with that
    05-14-09 01:25 PM
    Does anyone know if .132 has colorbanding? I haven't noticed it.

05-14-09 01:47 PM
    All the leaked OS that is higher than .90 all have color banding issue unfortunately.

05-14-09 01:54 PM
    Didn't someone find a fix for VSOD and rebooting with the .90 radio?
    05-14-09 02:19 PM
    Does anyone know if .132 has colorbanding? I haven't noticed it.

Two captures of my phone running the stock Precision Zen theme on .132, with red arrows to where I could find the bands. The banding on the Media screen actually looks worse in the screen cap than on the actual phone, because CaptureIt saves in .jpg format, which is a crappy format to begin with.
    05-14-09 02:30 PM
    So did they decrease the color depth of the OS to make it faster? Seems odd the radio files would cause this.

I'd much rather have a good working OS than to have a screeN that looks like a 65" Plasma HD flat screen TV.
    some day they'll probably have 65" HD (or higher) resolution screens you can fold up to the size of a blackberry storm. That would be pretty sweet, although a bit impractical most of the time.
    05-14-09 02:53 PM
    Hey can any of your guys who DON'T have banding problems post a screenshot of your phone??

I want to compare it to mine and see if it's worth the swtich for me...

Thanks a bunch!
    05-14-09 03:44 PM

Two captures of my phone running the stock Precision Zen theme on .132, with red arrows to where I could find the bands. The banding on the Media screen actually looks worse in the screen cap than on the actual phone, because CaptureIt saves in .jpg format, which is a crappy format to begin with.
    Thanks now I can see it on my phone now that I know what to look for.

05-14-09 04:05 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD