Hey everyone,

I will be joining the amazing world of BB soon, but I need your guys help. I have been reading alot of this site and reviews and I am stumped on what to do. I need to know if I should give the storm a shot, after reading everything I am a little confused. I can't make up my mind on getting the curve 8330 or the storm. I am a constant texter and I want the best phone for my money. I ordered the 8330 the other day through verizon waiting for it in the mail but should I take it in and give the Storm a shot?

Thanks,

FYI I am a noob to all this stuff but I am a techy
    01-23-09 01:44 PM
    Basically all that I do is text and email. I love the Storm. Suretype took some getting used to, but now that I have it down, I can type faster on the Storm than I could on my old Samsung that had a QWERTY. I wouldn't dump the Storm for anything.
    01-23-09 02:06 PM
    i prefer the curve to the storm, but thats a matter of personal preference, they both have their pro's and cons. give the curve a shot and see if you need more, and if you think you need more, exchange it for the storm
    01-23-09 02:09 PM
    has to be a matter of personal opinion here. the storm is great in most aspects with the full screen and all but has had its set backs and short comings. the curve is a tried and true device that is very dependable. with that said, the storm and other touchscreens are probably the wave of the future and you have the opportunity to step on board in the very beginning and learn it like the rest of us. if i can be of anymore help pm me and ill give you my number.

jason
    01-23-09 02:09 PM
    i agree get the storm its a great phone . and i text all day with no problems
    01-23-09 02:10 PM
    i was in your position. had the lg env and wanted the storm. i wasnt sure if i wanted it because i love to txt and that was my biggest concern. I wasnt sure if i could adjust to it. i went for it and got the storm and i love it. i am pretty quick when i txt, make errors but its ok. I love the phone. i caught on in a few days. i like txting in portrait mode and its not too hard. Its a great phone. I am in college too.... also, everyone is different. You may not like it. My friend has a curve, she doesnt like the storm. so everyone is different.
    01-23-09 02:21 PM
    I am in college too. I have the storm and it is great. I can get all my e-mail, chat, Facebook, browse, and look cool doing it.

The choice is yours, and both are good devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 02:45 PM
    thanks everyone you are awesome.... I think i'll just try the storm cuz I have 30 days and if worst comes to worst I know i already love the curve but like you guys said it would be good to be ready for the future
    01-23-09 02:49 PM
    [QUOTE=Sulley9;1483146]Hey everyone,

I will be joining the amazing world of BB soon, but I need your guys help. I have been reading alot of this site and reviews and I am stumped on what to do. I need to know if I should give the storm a shot, after reading everything I am a little confused. I can't make up my mind on getting the curve 8330 or the storm. I am a constant texter and I want the best phone for my money. I ordered the 8330 the other day through verizon waiting for it in the mail but should I take it in and give the Storm a shot?

Thanks,

FYI I am a noob to all this stuff but I am a techy[/QUOTE
    I am in college as well and I have had both the curve and the storm like everyone says the curve is a more dependable device but in my opinion I would go with the storm it does everything I need and it is a fun device to own. Give it some to.e and it will be just as dependable as the curve..

01-23-09 02:52 PM
    I got the storm coming from a Voyager so I did have some experience in touch screens. Personally I am on day 3 or day 4 with my storm and so far I love it. Like the other posters say its a matter of personal opinion. Some like it..some don't. Go play with one in a Verizon store for a bit and see if its something that might interest you and if it is grab one. If not stick to the curve. Just my .02 on the subject. If you have any questions about the storm PM me and I would be more then happy to answer them.
    01-23-09 02:55 PM
    Its just one of those new toys that you will have to play with on order to get use to. Coming from a blackberry pearl it was a little different with the touchscreen but I have had mine 2 months now and I love it. Txt,mms,web its all good and plus there working on the software as everyone can tell with all the leaked os. It started with .65 and now its at .90 its going to get better and better.
    01-23-09 03:03 PM
    My previous BB was the 8830WE. It's basically a Curve without the camera. I got the Storm for Xmas & I love it. My vote is for the Storm but the Curve isn't bad either.
    01-23-09 03:05 PM
    Just thought I'd throw in my $.02 here.

I'm a law student, and I do a lot of texting, reading/sending e-mails, checking my student portfolios/class discussion boards/etc. and web browsing (usually on sites that are not particularly image-dense, but definitely text-heavy; they tend to be directories, glossaries and reference databases).

I own the Storm and love it to pieces - it's my first BB and though it is not necessarily the highest-recommended BB for a first-timer, I found myself with little problems picking up on the learning curve. Is it frustrating sometimes? Yes. Time consuming? Often, yes, but only at first.

However, I've also been reading a lot of comparisons and discussions amongst experienced users who have owned and become intimately familiar with both the Curve and the Storm. Though it will always be a case-by-case basis, I have come to my own conclusion that maybe the Curve would have been a better BB starter phone for me.

That being said, I am not at all disappointed in my choice of the Storm. It does everything I want it to, and though as you can tell by the thousands upon thousands of posts and debates back and forth throughout CB it has its glitches and flaws, I do not think the Storm would ever be a truly poor choice for anyone looking for a serious-grade Smartphone.

BlackBerries are known for their functionality, but I am learning through research that each BlackBerry has its own...I suppose you could call it personality. Try out the Curve, see what's up, then check out all the videos and threads and posts regarding the Storm and consider which is the best phone for you.

01-23-09 03:13 PM
    Both are great devices but if you want the latest and greatest then Storm is where its at.
    01-23-09 03:22 PM
    Im in college as well and had a curve then switched to the storm. dont get me wrong. ii love the storm but i miss my curve now that school is back in session. it was slightly more practical for staying organized fo assignments and such.
    01-23-09 03:24 PM
    rugby julia-

I am a law student as well that is part of the reason I want to get a blackbery. court cases on the fly will be amazing. And I had the same conclusion you did that the curve is probably best for me but the storm just seems to be getting better and better plus i like the whole interface after playing with it.... the only thing i noticed is i needed alot of practice typing.... plus the demos at Verizon here is Springfield are bug ridden and over played with... but I think i'll give the storm a shot
    01-23-09 03:28 PM
    Im in college too and I love the Storm. I have all my favorite music on it, transfered with playlists easily from iTunes. I like the music interface on the Storm better than an iPod. I also have a few full length movies on it like The Dark Knight, American History X, and such in case I get bored. Games are decent but should be better in the next months. Overall it is incedibly easy to text, especially with .90 installed now. I rarely use my school laptop anymore.. If you like electronics and can handle the learning curve definitely get the Storm. Its the best thing Ive ever used.

* Also, I havent used a BB with a physical keyboard, but I used to have the Samsung U740 which had a qwerty keyboard and I can say that the Storm keyboard is great to type on. I have become extremely fast on it and the auto correction takes care of most mistakes. One cool thing is that when typing words like "I'm" and "You're" and others with apostrophies, it will insert them automatically. Now it looks like I text better when I enter "im" or "youre" and it pops out "I'm" and "you're". Just one of the myriad of awesome features of the Storm.
    Last edited by russap5; 01-23-09 at 03:39 PM.
    01-23-09 03:36 PM
    If you want the newest product I say go with the Storm. I like to have my full keyboard to actually feel and type on. I think the curve is the way to go. But that is your call.
    01-23-09 03:37 PM
    I like emailing/texting on my Storm, but I LOVE web browsing - this is what really got me hooked on the Storm. It's really one of those phones that you just have to play with for a few hours/days/weeks and decide if it's for you or not.
    01-23-09 03:42 PM
    i think you should ask the moderator to move this thread over to the general discussion forum. You might get some overly biased opinions on the Storm in here.
    01-23-09 04:40 PM
    With Verizon you'll have 30 days to use it. If you don't like it you can take it back to a store and exchange it for the Storm. I have a curve and like the button click feel.
    01-23-09 04:45 PM
    With Verizon you'll have 30 days to use it. If you don't like it you can take it back to a store and exchange it for the Storm. I have a curve and like the button click feel.
    I agree with meyers...I have the Curve but have many friends with the Storm. Until kinks are worked out on the Storm I will keep my Curve. But I will probably eventually switch to the Storm.
    01-23-09 04:49 PM
    get a storm
    01-23-09 04:50 PM
    As a first time BB user, you should probably start with the Curve. Once your used to all of the nuances of the BB then upgrade to the Storm.
    01-23-09 04:52 PM
    My recommendation is go for the Storm right off from the beginning, if its not for you than you can always goto the Curve. I send a couple thousand texts a month and I am a big 3rd Party App User. After 2 weeks the Storm was just not for me. I went back to my Curve than decided to port out and get the BOLD on AT&T

The Bold is the most amazing phone I have ever had, I loved my Curve to death and just this basically for me was an updated Curve. I just wish I could have the Bold on Verizon than I would be completely satisfied.
    01-23-09 04:53 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD