That's right I have a chance to get the storm 1 for $50. I seen it and played with it. Its used of course but in good shape.

But with the storm2, droids and other newer OS speeds coming out, would it be worth it to buy the storm 1?

I know the updated specs on the storm 2, I had the droid for over a week, but came bck hme to the bb world for the simplicity, so my only concern is, how is the OS updates for the storm 1 these days? Are they still putting them out?

Thanks for reading..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 06:00 PM
    Leave the Storm 1 where it is..it'll be a $50 paperweight to you.
    05-12-10 06:23 PM
    it depends. It is a lot better than what people make it out to be. However, if you are going to lock into a contract with it, dont bother. If you want to use it for a couple months and then switch, I say go for it
    05-12-10 06:26 PM
    I would not buy it. The phone does not have enough memory.
    05-12-10 06:43 PM
    Only if you fully know what you're getting into. I have one and it works fine. it's a little sluggish, but I make it a habit of always closing applications when done with them, and I removed some stuff that I never use (via Desktop manager), and it's fine for now. In the next year or two I may upgrade to the S3, but I'm perfectly happy with my phone until then.
    05-12-10 06:52 PM
    If you pay $50 for that you will overpay by $49.99
    05-12-10 06:58 PM
    Are you saying I could have sold my Storm for a penny? Man! I shouldn't have just given it away to my little sister to play games on then.
    05-12-10 08:14 PM
    There's nothing wrong with the Storm if you like it and don't have to lock into a contract in order to activate it with your carrier.

Sure it's not the latest and greatest, but it's a very good device for the most part. At least both of mine are!
    05-12-10 08:17 PM
    Cool responses, I appreciate this. Well, I am with verizon already so it wouldn't be a new contract, it would be like me switching to another phone that I own. And yes I do know what I'm getting into because I know the bb world.

Seeing the storm for only $50 and its in good shape, can't really beat that, besides have u seen craigslist prices lately for a storm1? Lol

Anyways the responses have bn interesting, thanks.

05-12-10 08:45 PM
    The main advantage of the Storm over the Tour IMHO is the larger screen size. I had a Storm and Tour but mainly used the Storm because of the larger screen. Things seemed easier to read despite the fact that the Tour has more memory and I could type faster and more accurately on the Tour.

But for $50, it would make a decent backup should your Tour ever have a problem. I don't think I'd pay any more than that these days.
    05-12-10 09:51 PM
    The main advantage of the Storm over the Tour IMHO is the larger screen size. I had a Storm and Tour but mainly used the Storm because of the larger screen. Things seemed easier to read despite the fact that the Tour has more memory and I could type faster and more accurately on the Tour.

But for $50, it would make a decent backup should your Tour ever have a problem. I don't think I'd pay any more than that these days.
    Well said. I will most likely go for it. That's the main reason, just to have the backup, cause its the storm vs my dare, lol.

05-12-10 10:39 PM
    I'd buy it, use it for a while until I had an UG or it didnt fit my needs and sell it.
    05-12-10 10:41 PM
    At $50 you could turn around and resell it and actually make some money on it if it really is in good shape. The S1's are still selling for over $100. Or you can keep it and use it...they are better than some people would lead you to believe. Certainly a bargain at $50.
    05-12-10 11:50 PM
    This made me LOL. Anyway its not a bad deal OP, the Storm is not bad on the latest OS that are out. I still would never own one again though.
    05-13-10 01:06 AM
    Man there's a lot of hate towards the Storm 1 on this forum...it's not a bad phone at all. Mostly due to the hybrids that are constantly released for it. I got mine for $50 as well. I don't plan on keeping it forever obviously, but it's not a "paperweight" or any of the other negative things it's been called. It's a solid performer in a quickly evolving world. Simple as that. Of course, I'll be moving on to something better whenever I see something really worth the jump (Storm 2, Droid and Incredible are meh to me), but for now this phone (and my overclocked Omnia II ) takes care of my business flawlessly.
    Last edited by eternalemb; 05-13-10 at 01:50 AM.
    05-13-10 01:46 AM
    At this price, buy it. And then sell it on ebay.
    Now you will make the dough.
    05-13-10 06:16 AM
    I have tried several time, and i would definitely won�t buy it.
    05-13-10 06:43 AM
    Worst smartphone EVER! I wouldn't activate it if it was given to me!
    05-13-10 07:04 AM
    Its not that bad.a lot of people need to constantly have the latest and greatest.some people treat phones like video games.they're all new fun and exciting and once you've played it for awhile its on to the next one.I have a friend who's had 6 different phones in the last 18 months.I've had my storm the whole time and am happy with it

05-13-10 08:21 AM
    Its not that bad.a lot of people need to constantly have the latest and greatest.some people treat phones like video games.they're all new fun and exciting and once you've played it for awhile its on to the next one.I have a friend who's had 6 different phones in the last 18 months.I've had my storm the whole time and am happy with it

No, it really is that bad. It has it's own rants & raves section, for heaven's sake!
    05-13-10 02:50 PM
    yea it wouldnt be worth it for you. Just go android!!!

05-13-10 05:33 PM
    I have to say buy it I mean I don't know why there r so many people that hate on the storm. I do ever thing with my Storm and sometimes it doesn't do what I want. But for fifty buck ( only if it comes with the 8g mb card if not then no dice) I guess the other thing is do u like to install Os ever other week also. Because if ur a stick to the official Os then the storm one is not for u because .3?? What ever release that Verizon is on is crap I mean that there is .591 out and if u like hybrid then .645 or something but I digress the main thing is if if u like to play at crackberry land THEN BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-13-10 07:05 PM
    I would never sell my Storm1 to anyone unless they begged me and then I would have to give THEM $100 to not feel bad about it. The Storm1 will just frustrate you once you try to add any applications to it. It has hardly any memory and the browser is way to slow and clunky. Very slow and old tech.

Read this: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post5028006

I love my new Incredible. It is lightyears ahead of the Storm1.
    05-13-10 09:06 PM
    So I guess the OP should decide if he wants to install a bunch of applications and if he can get into the habit of closing apps when done, because now it's been maybe four or seven days and I haven't had to reboot the phone, and it's still running fine and with ~9mb free.
    just as long as you can accept that sometimes is is VERY laggy, this phone works perfectly.
    and when you're ready to upgrade to the S3 or S4, that phone will be a dream and you will never have problems with that one.
    05-13-10 10:06 PM
    You can install a lot of apps on a Storm 1. Yeah, if you need to have 30 fart apps or something then it may be a problem, but if you choose wisely you can install at least 30 apps and still have plenty of operating memory left.

And still, for $50 it's a darn good deal if it's in good shape, me thinks. You aren't going to get a an HTC Incredible for $50. Besides, the Storm has far superior battery life.
    05-14-10 01:31 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD