does anyone know a way to close out all applications at once? I usually hit the back button on the phone and get caught with a bunch of apps open at a time which slows up my storm

thanks
    12-02-08 05:55 PM
    Or Menu down to "close/exit".

Or wait. Sorry. You meant at once. Useless answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 06:17 PM
    I wish I could set one of my convenience keys to close out a program but it isn't an option. Those keys can only open programs.
    12-02-08 06:17 PM
    I'm new to Blackberrys and I agree closing out applications is so annoying.

Anyone have a problem where they CAN'T close out of a program? (You go menu > close, yet when you try to switch applications, you still see the program)

I've been having this problem more and more.

I used to only have 4 icons in 'switch applications' at a time: Home
    Phone App

Ever since, more and more programs get stuck in 'Switch Applications' no matter how many times i try to close it:
    Home
    Phone App
    BB Messenger
    Application center (When i try to select this icon, nothing happens)
    PictureID
    Other random apps at any given time

Please Help!
    12-07-08 02:41 PM
    Browser, Blackberry Messenger, Home Screen, Phone, Messages, and Application Center are all the apps that youcannot close. Everything else can be of course through Menu --> Exit

Those 7 apps cannot be closed, so don't drive yourself crazy.
    12-07-08 03:15 PM
    if you press and hold the escape key (not the end key) it will completely close out the program. If you just tap it like normal it will leave the program running in the background. If you want to completely close it just hold the escape key till it closes.
    12-07-08 03:44 PM
    if you press and hold the escape key (not the end key) it will completely close out the program. If you just tap it like normal it will leave the program running in the background. If you want to completely close it just hold the escape key till it closes.
    Hmm I never knew that....that's a lot easier then going into the menu.
    12-07-08 03:53 PM
    thank you very much
    12-07-08 03:53 PM
    sorry but cant find the escape key - any suggestions?
    12-07-08 05:49 PM
    it's the back key (reverse arrow) between the menu and end key
    12-07-08 05:51 PM
    the escape key is the back button

the swirly arrow
    12-07-08 05:53 PM
    dude, thanks for the insight into closing apps and the ones that just won't close--it was driving me nuts!!!
    12-08-08 02:03 AM
    Application center (When i try to select this icon, nothing happens)
    If you turn off the automatic update option in Application Center you can close it, otherwise it's perpetually open. Seems to also hold true for other apps with automatic sign-in options like Instango.
    12-08-08 02:18 AM
    Cool tips...btw how is your battery life??? mine sucks...at 10% brightness and only natural applications running....two days is the max i can go with....if I am lucky 3...and i do not talk a lot....anybody has tips for that one?
    Browser, Blackberry Messenger, Home Screen, Phone, Messages, and Application Center are all the apps that youcannot close. Everything else can be of course through Menu --> Exit

Those 7 apps cannot be closed, so don't drive yourself crazy.
    Wrong you can set the app center to not run in background

Cool tips...btw how is your battery life??? mine sucks...at 10% brightness and only natural applications running....two days is the max i can go with....if I am lucky 3...and i do not talk a lot....anybody has tips for that one?
    check that you have the 1400 battery, there have been a few posts on here saying that they have a 1380 battery which is the one that does not last - they were apparently swapped out by the carrier for the 1400.

I have the 1400a/h at forst I too was getting about a day+ when I first charged it - I am now on my 8th charge and had it on all over the weekend - when I got home it had only used 2 bars and that was with some heavy use playing word mole :-)

Hope you fix it .....

Clive
    12-08-08 03:05 AM
    How long is the delay between the button and closing the program? I just did it and it seemed like "leaving" the program was instantaneous. I didn't have to hold it down long but for a split second.
    02-20-09 01:35 PM
    I've stopped exiting. Nightly charge plus nightly quickpull means I can leave as many apps open as I please when I'm busy

02-20-09 02:33 PM
    Turn off automatic updating in the app center and it'll stop staying open.
    02-20-09 02:39 PM
    thats not working
    02-20-09 02:53 PM
    Uncheck "auto refresh list" and then pull battery. You should be fine. It was driving me crazy that I had it unchecked, but it still remained open.

Also, my battery says 1380 min and then right below it, it says 1400 typ.

Then again if above poster is correct (I was also thinking this), I have only charged twice. I hoped after more full charges, it might last longer.
    02-21-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD